Solstice Solarium -pay to use?

boneatnik

I am confused as well. Are there two solariums, one for Aqua Spa guests and one for non-Aqua Spa? When you look at the ship design I don't see two areas that are different...

No, there is only one Solarium and it is open to eveyone 16 and older. The only "restricted" area is the Persian Gardens (located within the AquaSpa area) that is for AQ passengers (& Suite passengers I think). PG is also available for extra $$ for other passengers.

Edited by sptrout

Just forward of the Solairum Pool area is the Spa area and then the Fitness Center with the gym equip. The Womens and Mens Changing rooms in that area have Sauna's and showers. Free.

The Pesian gardens has an area also - that's charged for unless you are Aqual Class (and I believe free for Suites also - not sure). Capt Club Elite get access one inport day for free.

Denny

I loved the Solarium on Equinox. The pool is large enough to do short laps; there are also 2 hot tubs available and lots of nice loungers to relax on. The AquaSpa cafe is in the Solarium and open for breakfast and lunch. On Equinox, Solarium was not limited to those 16 plus, but I only saw kids there once with their dad (I think most kids preferred the outside pools).

On Equinox, Solarium was not limited to those 16 plus, but I only saw kids there once with their dad (I think most kids preferred the outside pools).

I believe that the pools are the only part of the Solarium that has an age restriction (16+). At least those were the only places (pool & 2 hottubs) on the Solstice that I saw any signs mentioning age. That said, I did not see any children in the Solarium on our 1/31/10 cruise, but there were very few children on board.

Since the Solarium is between the forward elevators and the main pool area, it would be very difficult to restrict access to the entire Solarium for any reason.

I know that the sentences above do not match my previous post in this thread, but that was what I meant earlier (age restrictions for the pools).;)

I believe that the pools are the only part of the Solarium that has an age restriction (16+). At least those were the only places (pool & 2 hottubs) on the Solstice that I saw any signs mentioning age. That said, I did not see any children in the Solarium on our 1/31/10 cruise, but there were very few children on board.

Since the Solarium is between the forward elevators and the main pool area, it would be very difficult to restrict access to the entire Solarium for any reason.

I know that the sentences above do not match my previous post in this thread, but that was what I meant earlier (age restrictions for the pools).;)

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see any signs on Equinox; might be one of those areas where the ships differ. Were there a lot of smoking areas on Solstice. I was a bit surprised at how many smoking areas Equinox offered, esp. the area betw. the pool and Solarium which was pretty nasty to walk through.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see any signs on Equinox; might be one of those areas where the ships differ. Were there a lot of smoking areas on Solstice. I was a bit surprised at how many smoking areas Equinox offered, esp. the area betw. the pool and Solarium which was pretty nasty to walk through.

I believe the smoking restricted locations are fleet-wide. I did notice the smoking areas that you mentioned, but there did not seem to be many smokers around when we passed through, so no problems for us. A couple times my wife wanted to sit in a specific area and then we noticed the ash trays so we moved on.

I believe that the pools are the only part of the Solarium that has an age restriction (16+). At least those were the only places (pool & 2 hottubs) on the Solstice that I saw any signs mentioning age.

Was enforced on Solstice last week... There was a very contentious episode in which a couple attempted to bring their young children into one of the Solarium whirlpools after having just been shooed from the Solarium pool by a guest... A Security Officer was there to enforce the posted rules in an instant and, though subject to quite a harangue from both parents, steadfastly and tactfully held his ground... He told the couple--repeatedly--that children under 16 could pass through and, with parental accompaniment, lounge in the Solarium but could not use the pool or whirlpools there...

I was impressed by Security's handling of the matter from every perspective...

What is the cost to use Persian Garden for the week if you aren't aqua class and what does it include?

Thanks

For one week the charge is $99 p/p or $179 per couple. The PG has a steam room, a dry sauna, and 8 eight heated bed-like chairs that are the main reason for using the Gardens. Very relaxing room.

Does the $179 per couple pay for access to other areas besides the Persian Garden? On HAL, for instance, the same money gets you into a similar room and the hydrotherapy pool as well as the relaxation room. How about the relaxation area in the spa at the front of the ship...is that open to everyone? Also is there a hydrotherapy pool and if so how is the temp?

Thanks for all the info :)

Does the $179 per couple pay for access to other areas besides the Persian Garden? On HAL, for instance, the same money gets you into a similar room and the hydrotherapy pool as well as the relaxation room. How about the relaxation area in the spa at the front of the ship...is that open to everyone? Also is there a hydrotherapy pool and if so how is the temp?

Thanks for all the info :)

No, just the Persian Gardens. The Relaxation Room is for AQ passengers and people waiting for spa appointments. There are no special pools on the Solstice including hydrotherapy-type pools.

• 6 years later...

And I've been in the Relaxation Room a number of times even when not in AQ. I was in a sky suite and wandered down there to sit and read. Absolutely no one was in there, no one said anything to me, and only two people in about three hours came in their robes to fill out a form or something to wait for their spa treatments.

I never knew it was just for aqua passengers. It's a wonderful place and I really enjoyed sitting in there.

And I've been in the Relaxation Room a number of times even when not in AQ. I was in a sky suite and wandered down there to sit and read. Absolutely no one was in there, no one said anything to me, and only two people in about three hours came in their robes to fill out a form or something to wait for their spa treatments.

I never knew it was just for aqua passengers. It's a wonderful place and I really enjoyed sitting in there.

That is a five year old answer about it being for AQ patrons only. Don't believe it is exculsive to them anymore. Not on the web site anymore.

Edited by dkjretired

No, there is only one Solarium and it is open to eveyone 16 and older. The only "restricted" area is the Persian Gardens (located within the AquaSpa area) that is for AQ passengers (& Suite passengers I think). PG is also available for extra $$ for other passengers.

Elite and above also have a day pass for Persian Gardens to be used on a sea day.

sea day? Is that new? I thought it was a pass for a port day, but maybe I'm thinking of something else?

You are correct, from the web site:

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

This has come up before, note the "while ship is in port" wording. That means if you leave port at 5:00P.M. it no longer qualifies.