Go karts on a ship...

KarlChilders

I am not excited about this feature. Feels like an amusement park on the water. I will definitely avoid this ship.

i agree with you. its just another nickle and dime tactic. take away the top sun/pool aft deck that is free to add something that costs 30$ and you only use for 6 mins, this will make the pool areas even more crowded

Since the ship has not been launched, I would think any questions about price, time, hours, age, priority, etc are way too early. In reality, they will surely be adjusted shortly after it begins based on what they discover.

There is only one thing we can all be sure of - it will cost extra. No way in the world would they do this for free.

Won't the Bliss have bumper cars as well like the joy? What will the raceway be called? Del rio Raceway. I would imagine it would cost $29.95 as mentioned for 6 minutes plus perhaps a license fee of some sort.

Its good they are electric- otherwise the user might have to pay for fuel as well- kind of like a rental car!

I wonder if it will last a bit longer than the skating rink did. Remember on that TV show Kevin Sheehan having to help the poor guy pick up the 'rink' piece by piece because that area was also used for something else too.

NCL got rid of that pretty darn quick!

I for one am happy to see the go carts. I can't understand why people even want sun decks. If I want to lay I the sun I will just go to a beach. Whole lot cheaper. On a cruise I want activities. Something to do and have fun. I guess each their own. Can't make everyone happy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I for one am happy to see the go carts. I can't understand why people even want sun decks. If I want to lay I the sun I will just go to a beach. Whole lot cheaper. On a cruise I want activities. Something to do and have fun. I guess each their own. Can't make everyone happy

i agree..as a someone who gets sunburn within 10 minutes of being in the sun..i want more activities on the ship

My kids are so excited!!! This is fantastic, laser tag will be a fun family activity too! Booked on Bliss to Alaska July 4th, it looks so beautiful!

Any idea if they will have any water slides?

There definitely are water slides, but whether the Alaskan chilly weather will lift to provision their use is another question. Also one of the slides requires the kids to weigh at least 98 pounds and for all to remove all jewelry,

(nixing their use to me since my wedding ring cannot come off).

Also the race track may have minimum age requirements of 14YO so do not get the hopes up of kids younger than that at sailing. Potential age restrictions on laser tag as well, we will see.

Bottom line, we are too far out to know the absolutes so it might be best to withhold announcing these features to the kids before they are known. I find it incredible the Bliss is not going to have mini-golf, basket ball, rock climbing, bungee trampolines in lieu of the track and more lounge space to for folks to develop skin cancer.

Maybe they will take notice.

From the picture, there could be a lot of space on the deck under the track for us shade seekers.

From the picture, there could be a lot of space on the deck under the track for us shade seekers.

I am with you. I will be on the Bliss May 10th and look forward to almost everything on the Bliss. Each person has reasons for not liking on thing or another but to say you would avoid a ship because of Go Cart track is a joke.

Consider that the area will likely be used to store the karts and other related maintenance equipment. These are electric karts, so there will be charging stations down there, too.