Formal Nights and Blu Restaurant

stromer

The policy is --smart casual and above-- jeans are fine as long as they are paired with tops that are appropriate to a fine dining atmosphere. If it is formal night in the main dining room then more dressy type attire is generally found worn in the other dining venues. Blu is the assigned dining room for Aqua guests, but it is a dining room,not the buffet or pool deck. You don't have to wear a suit or tux in Blu, but realize that many will. If you don't feel comfortable around people who choose to dress for the occasion, then perhaps other venues are better choices on formal nights. I find it ridiculous that people who can afford to cruise X cant seem to bring proper clothing for their vacation. It doesn't take much to meet the dress code anymore, but clean and neat are essential.

The policy is --smart casual and above-- jeans are fine as long as they are paired with tops that are appropriate to a fine dining atmosphere. If it is formal night in the main dining room then more dressy type attire is generally found worn in the other dining venues. Blu is the assigned dining room for Aqua guests, but it is a dining room,not the buffet or pool deck. You don't have to wear a suit or tux in Blu, but realize that many will. If you don't feel comfortable around people who choose to dress for the occasion, then perhaps other venues are better choices on formal nights. I find it ridiculous that people who can afford to cruise X cant seem to bring proper clothing for their vacation. It doesn't take much to meet the dress code anymore, but clean and neat are essential.

This is so wrong on many point you make...

Again trying to enforce what you think is right on others that might not know the facts!

I disagree. One formal night in Blu we sat next to a couple wearing Hawaiian shirts. We were all perfectly comfortable because Blu is inclusive to all Aqua Class guests. If it's going to bother you that much to see someone casually dressed, then perhaps another venue would be a better choice for you.

Jeans are fine in Blu, period, any night including formal, doesn't matter what they are paired with. That is the policy of the cruise line and your comments are just your opinion and not those of Celebrity. Dress code in Blu is "smart casual and above", key word being above if you choose. Actually what people wear in Blu is very much dependent on itinerary.

What part of affording a cruise and wearing jeans in an assigned restaurant bothers you? If you'd prefer to dine with those better dressed on a formal night you can do so the formal dining room.

Oh man my mom is not going to be happy about jeans in the dining room! I don't really care, but I hate it when there are rules re:attire, and they're not enforced

The rules allow jeans in the MDR just not on formal night

Oh man my mom is not going to be happy about jeans in the dining room! I don't really care, but I hate it when there are rules re:attire, and they're not enforced

Who said anything about it not being enforced... As mentioned jeans are permitted in the main dining room most nights! And everywhere else on formal nights...

You misinterpreted my comment. I would have no idea as to whether or not celebrity enforces their attire guidelines since it is my first time sailing with them. My comment was actually in regards to past ships I have been on that had specific guidelines, but the crew turned a blind eye to passengers who chose to disregard them I am comfortable with nice jeans at night, especially being from very casual California

Someone mentioned that jeans were a cheap option, in the UK you can pay more for a pair of jeans than a Tuxedo.

I wore smart jeans in Blu, my personal preference was to wear dress trousers/jacket for formal nights. I wore a tie on the first formal night, I didn't bother on the second.

I have to wear a suit for work, the idea of having to do so on holiday fills me with dread, I'm on holiday!

We have booked Aqua again, mainly for Blu and its relaxed atmosphere. I felt very comfortable having the option of dressing how I wanted to whilst staying within the flexible guidelines.

During most of my working life the dress code was dark suit, white shirt and black shoes, a slightly jazzy tie was allowed.

Once presidents and prime ministers stopped wearing ties all this changed and became more relaxed and that applies to many areas of society, including most cruise lines.

We choose Blu for the dress code and I may wear a jacket, no tie, only posses one and that's black, this is for formal nights, never felt under dressed.

One key point in these discussions on this and other cruise lines is that some poster think the dress code should be what they want it to be not what the cruise line states, if you read the Seabourn dress code you will see much the same.

In my opinion it is just as bad to over dress than under dress, in respect of the dress code

Who said anything about it not being enforced... As mentioned jeans are permitted in the main dining room most nights! And everywhere else on formal nights...

what about Arsenal shirts [emoji12][emoji33]

I was in Blu more than 10 times during formal night without tuxedo or tie - just as a lot of other guests. Some still dressed up with their tuxedo, but some even were dressed up every night.

Smart Casual is perfect for any night in blu, you won't look weird :)

I just can't believe how many times this topic comes up! Just wear whatever you are comfortable in. Within limits of course, hopefully using your common sense. It's primarily an upscale crowd, and they will be resort casual to formal. The full spectrum.

I happen to love to pack my long dresses, (not gowns per say), my bling jewelry, dressy tops with black silk pants, and it's what I am "comfortable" in when fine dining. I have a closet that contains nothing but my cruise wear. So it's easy to pack!

Don't sweat it! And happy cruising!

Susan

It's amazing how people flame a poster for stating their opinion, but miss the point of the discussion. The last line says it all-- "Clean and neat". Our last X cruise in Blu, several times we were seated next to a couple who literally had body odor that could be detected at the table adjoining theirs. His shirt had food stains and perspiration marks, but it was collared, so it was allowed. Her attempt to cover her odor problem with strong cologne only made matters worse. We endured it twice, and on a third night the hostess was heading us that way and we asked to be seated elsewhere. I noticed that the couple that got seated next to them asked to be moved before the main course arrived.

No one will ever change the "casual dressing" advocates from their opinion, nor should anyone try. They are a very vocal bunch. The cruise line dress code is in their favor. Some of us who have been cruising for many years do miss the olden days when dressing up on several nights was part of the cruise experience. Life itself has become more casual, and that is fine, but there is a definite difference between casual and sloppy and slovenly. Clean is still considered essential.

No one will ever change the "casual dressing" advocates from their opinion, nor should anyone try. They are a very vocal bunch. The cruise line dress code is in their favor. Some of us who have been cruising for many years do miss the olden days when dressing up on several nights was part of the cruise experience. Life itself has become more casual, and that is fine, but there is a definite difference between casual and sloppy and slovenly. Clean is still considered essential.

Even the advocates for the "casual dressing" do not support such conduct. One can dress casually without body odor.

what about Arsenal shirts [emoji12][emoji33]

Chris you made me laugh!

My son is a International soccer nut and actually asked me if he could wear his Real Madrid Jersey in Blue. You guys will have a lot to talk about next week but I am warning you the team he follows in the EPL is Chelsea!

Wonder if we will be able to get the Women's world cup on the ship?

It's amazing how people flame a poster for stating their opinion, but miss the point of the discussion. The last line says it all-- "Clean and neat". Our last X cruise in Blu, several times we were seated next to a couple who literally had body odor that could be detected at the table adjoining theirs. His shirt had food stains and perspiration marks, but it was collared, so it was allowed. Her attempt to cover her odor problem with strong cologne only made matters worse. We endured it twice, and on a third night the hostess was heading us that way and we asked to be seated elsewhere. I noticed that the couple that got seated next to them asked to be moved before the main course arrived.

That is a totally disgusting thought. :eek: There is no reason for this....supplied toiletries, showers and towels.

And, when it comes down to it, "there's a lot to do about nothing" in this thread. People will dress as they choose and as long as it's in the guidelines, I personally don't care what other pax wear. I love dressy casual and some times it's a dressy, dressy casual. I tend to take a lot of time choosing appropriate clothing for our vacations....cruises or resorts. I chose Aqua because I really detest packing a suit for DH....it's a royal pain to pack. In my opinion, DH always looks spiffy. :D

Chris you made me laugh!

My son is a International soccer nut and actually asked me if he could wear his Real Madrid Jersey in Blue. You guys will have a lot to talk about next week but I am warning you the team he follows in the EPL is Chelsea!

Wonder if we will be able to get the Women's world cup on the ship?

real madrid and chelski [emoji482][emoji33][emoji33]

the boy needs therapy . makes me look almost sane [emoji33]