Pol Acker, what happened?

paulista1950

Rumour has it that several cases remain to clear the ballast after dry dock. Unless the refit is behind schedule, and then certain engineers and designers will be served Pol Acker as an incentive to complete the job and disembark.;)

Edited by Salacia

I'm just so delighted, excited and feeling privileged every time I'm able to sail with Cunard that I don't care that the 'paint stripper' is offered to me and guess what - DH and I have even been known to drink it :eek:

If you think Pol Acker is awful enter a quiz whilst onboard and if you are lucky you wont win. If you are unfortunate to win wait until you have tasted the "sparkling wine" imitation that they give you and you will think Pol Acker is nectar.:):):)

Looking forward to trying it in September! Can't be any worse than some of the 'wine' or was it industrial alcohol we have had on shore excursions!

Must remember to comment on my review!

I live in Nashville Tennessee USA, I went to a Liquor Store recently (that is where we buy spirits in TN) and as I entered the store, there sat a huge pile of cases of Pol Acker. I stopped, stared, thought a moment and then grabbed 3 bottles. I do have three bathrooms to clean after all and the price of $ 2.99 a bottle was less than bleach spray. How could I resist. It has been a while since my last Cunard Adventure and this helped build my anticipation for another trip. :eek::eek:

I live in Nashville Tennessee USA, I went to a Liquor Store recently (that is where we buy spirits in TN) and as I entered the store, there sat a huge pile of cases of Pol Acker. I stopped, stared, thought a moment and then grabbed 3 bottles. I do have three bathrooms to clean after all and the price of $ 2.99 a bottle was less than bleach spray. How could I resist. It has been a while since my last Cunard Adventure and this helped build my anticipation for another trip. :eek::eek:

Yikes! 2.99 USD per bottle? Must have been vintage!

Looking forward to trying it in September! Can't be any worse than some of the 'wine' or was it industrial alcohol we have had on shore excursions! Must remember to comment on my review!
Please be cautious; I spilt some in my cabin:

1668080115_PolAckerspill....jpg.6e0e0b09c2a3f7d500d01c681dd39a47.jpg

Edited by pepperrn

Last November, on board QV, I noticed two stewards preparing for the CWC reception in the Queens Room, trundling along a trolley with about 20 cases of Italian Spumante.

I wonder if they are decanting the Spumante into old Pol Acker bottles?

Seriously? $2.99??? I think even Ripple (if they still make it) costs more than that!

It has been a long time since I read complains/jokes/criticisms about it. Will I still find it in my cabin at boarding day? :eek:

Remember the first "Alien" film that came out years ago? The part where they tried to surgically remove the "face hugger" off John Hurt's face? That's where the Alien's blood ate through nearly every level on the starship....Now Imagine spilling a bottle of Pol Acker in your stateroom. Not pretty is it?

Never heard of that one, but while we're discussing gross wines, does anyone remember Boone's Farm???

Yes, I do...suddenly, Pol Acker is starting to look like 'the good stuff'! Yikes!that was a momentary lapse! :eek::D

Pol Acker is terrible but I can say that I used my Diamond Cunard status to get a Black Card loyalty match on MSC and they give out free big bottles of Martini and Rossi Proseco which is quite drinkable. If MSC can give out the good stuff, why can't Cunard?