Booking on Board

ChiGal1962

I've never booked a cruise on board another cruise, so not sure how it works. I have my eye on a cruise next spring. There are a few hump cabins available now. I'll be on the Solstice in 10 days, but not sure if the hump cabins for that spring sailing would still be available then.

If I booked the cruise now, with the cabin I want, then can I cancel it on board and book with whatever deal they have? That way the cabin would become newly available, right? Not even sure it's worth it - what sort of extras do you get for booking on board?

Thanks!

If I booked the cruise now, with the cabin I want, then can I cancel it on board and book with whatever deal they have? That way the cabin would become newly available, right? Not even sure it's worth it - what sort of extras do you get for booking on board?

Unless the cruise you are considering booking is within the next couple months, your deposit should be fully refundable/transferable to another cruise or the same cruise with better booking perks.

In my limited experience, one on board booking, it was advantageous to book on board. We received additional OBC.

We have had a cruise booked and cancelled it and rebooked on the ship. However, we had to call and cancel the initial booking. The Future Cruise Consultant couldn't handle the cancellation.

I don't know what is being offered as perks for booking on board now but in addition to any perks the deposit for booking on board has been less. Last time we booked on board the deposit was $100 pp.

We booked our upcoming December cruise while on board last December and got great perks. Now, I realize that was 9 months ago, but just to let you know the type of deal you MAY get the following are the book on board perks we got:

$300 OBC

Gratuities included

Classic Drink Package x 2 included

One cabin category upgrade (in our case paid for a C3 but got a C2)

AND they gave us back our deposit for the upcoming cruise as OBC to use on the cruise we were on (in other words technically no deposit as it was spent by the end of that week).

You may not get as good a deal, but you might as well wait until you are on board to find out. Good luck!

We have just got off a cruise and booked whilst on board for a future cruise. We were in Aqua and have booked Aqua again - that seemed to have been relevant when discussing the package.

We got:

Gratuities included

Premium drink package

Unlimited free WIFI

500$ OBC

only 100$ deposit each

We have just got off a cruise and booked whilst on board for a future cruise. We were in Aqua and have booked Aqua again - that seemed to have been relevant when discussing the package.

We got:

Gratuities included

Premium drink package

Unlimited free WIFI

500$ OBC

only 100$ deposit each

Did you book under the Big Better Best Promotion or is it called something else? Would appreciate some additional information such as length of cruise and where is it going, thank - you :)

Hi,

The back story is that I booked one person in a cabin back under 123go. On our cruise last month I checked on booking the same 12 night M-Class in Aqua for Jan 2017. Under the BBB I would get $200 for booking onboard and the $100pp deposit. The prices for the BBB seemed to be the same. I was hoping they might give you 1 more pick. In the end we did not book onboard. We are keeping our 123go.

One other interesting thing. I also booked a May 2017 cruise under 123go. I've tried to book it online now. They are not offering BBB for May 2017.

Those things you can get with any cruise using the BBB promotion. What will make it a good deal is the price of the cabin, any OBC to be used on your current cruise, and reduced deposit.

We're currently on The Equinox and have booked our next cruise on board. We've booked a CS and have got included a premium beverage package, free internet, $400 to spend on this cruise plus $300 on the next. Too good a deal to miss!!:o

We're currently on The Equinox and have booked our next cruise on board. We've booked a CS and have got included a premium beverage package, free internet, $400 to spend on this cruise plus $300 on the next. Too good a deal to miss!!:o

That sounds like the "Best" version of the "GoBig-Better-Best" programme. The question is whether you paid the basic price (Big) and got the rest for free or if you paid the full price for the most expensive package "Best" and got some OBC on top.

We booked on board the Solstice in Alaska this past June. We received the 1-2-3 promotion, an aft C1 on Millennium, and a $550 on board credit. The price we paid is about $ 250 pp less than what's currently advertised. So far a good deal, we think.

Ed

Hi,

The back story is that I booked one person in a cabin back under 123go. On our cruise last month I checked on booking the same 12 night M-Class in Aqua for Jan 2017. Under the BBB I would get $200 for booking onboard and the $100pp deposit. The prices for the BBB seemed to be the same. I was hoping they might give you 1 more pick. In the end we did not book onboard. We are keeping our 123go.

One other interesting thing. I also booked a May 2017 cruise under 123go. I've tried to book it online now. They are not offering BBB for May 2017.

Do you know if the 2017 April Transatlantic's were able to be booked onboard? Where is the May 2017 going?

We booked on board in January this year for a cruise in Feb. 2016. We booked a C3 as the C2 were not as good of a location even though we could have had a free upgrade. We got the 123, gratuities paid, free classic beverage for 2, and $300 OBC. Plus, we got $250 OBC for booking on board. We then transferred our booking to a TA and we got an additional $200 OBC from them. The concierge cabins are sold out for our cruise, and the balcony cabins are only $150 per person less than what we paid. So, I think booking on board is a great way to go!