Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

So they admit they did market it on Anthem?

I really don't know what to make of all this.

8no pages of Royal Caribbean brochure and website scans advertising Dreamworks and the official line from UK Managing Director Mr Levens office is that they never advertised Dreamworks :confused:

Whatever has happened my son has been told, his upset will pass and as a family we still enjoy and are looking forward to the product that RCI provides (I do appreciate for others its non inclusion is more significant). Its all a bit of a sorry affair and not what I have come to expect from Royal but we are where we are.

However, it is one thing for UK RCI to be swerving this issue on a forum with a largely partisan pro Royal crowd and fending off a few emails. It might be a different scenario altogether come Southampton in the summer when 1000+ children are on board and staff members are dealing with the fall out face to face.

I dread to think of how many people for whom Dreamworks is important not being aware that it is now not included :(

8no pages of Royal Caribbean brochure and website scans advertising Dreamworks and the official line from UK Managing Director Mr Levens office is that they never advertised Dreamworks :confused:

Whatever has happened my son has been told, his upset will pass and as a family we still enjoy and are looking forward to the product that RCI provides (I do appreciate for others its non inclusion is more significant). Its all a bit of a sorry affair and not what I have come to expect from Royal but we are where we are.

However, it is one thing for UK RCI to be swerving this issue on a forum with a largely partisan pro Royal crowd and fending off a few emails. It might be a different scenario altogether come Southampton in the summer when 1000+ children are on board and staff members are dealing with the fall out face to face.

I dread to think of how many people for whom Dreamworks is important not being aware that it is now not included :(

Totally agree, for anyone wanting a Europe based Dreamworks cruise only options this year were Anthem or Allure based on brochures etc. Next year there will be none, supposedly Harmony will have it on but I can't see anyone falling for that one again.

Therefore against my personal point of view we have used the cancellation money to book on Allure next week rather than go with Disney. At the end of the day it's all about giving your kids the best possible holiday choice you can but this year RCCL have taken that option away for many parents.

It will be interesting the feedback that comes next week as it will be the first UK school holiday cruise and a lot of parents who are not on CC may be in for a shock.

I hope your son gets over his disappointment and you all enjoy your cruise, maybe at some point make your feelings known to guest services & in post cruise surveys.

It was still being advertised on Anthems maiden voyage at the next cruise desk - in the brochure, which I have at home!

I emailed to complain a couple of weeks back and was assured that all marketing for Dreamworks on Anthem was ended spring 2014. I then linked them to their own online brochure currently showing Dreamworks on Anthem plus their current youtube advert. Their reply.......cancel if you want with a refund of the deposit. No acceptance of responsibility at all and zero customer service. They mis sold Anthem and will not own up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I emailed to complain a couple of weeks back and was assured that all marketing for Dreamworks on Anthem was ended spring 2014. I then linked them to their own online brochure currently showing Dreamworks on Anthem plus their current youtube advert. Their reply.......cancel if you want with a refund of the deposit. No acceptance of responsibility at all and zero customer service. They mis sold Anthem and will not own up.

Well that explains why the video has disappeared and the brochure page has been redacted. Although the schmucks have still left one brochure on there that mentions D/W on Anthem.

Maybe it's time for UK customers to pass this on to ASA or even Watchdog, would love to see Annie the rotweiler tear into some smug RCCL executive!;)

Well that explains why the video has disappeared and the brochure page has been redacted. Although the schmucks have still left one brochure on there that mentions D/W on Anthem.

Maybe it's time for UK customers to pass this on to ASA or even Watchdog, would love to see Annie the rotweiler tear into some smug RCCL executive!;)

Me Too! Sounds like the person that called up was offered a refund, but with an attitude from customer service.

I'm not sure what else they can do, but it still sucks!

We have a few people on our cruise that are waiting a little bit to see if Dream Works comes onboard for Summer 2016 out of New Jersey.

I thought I read that they will be added in the future, but then again, I've read that there are no plans.

I wish we could get a clear answer from the Royal Caribbean brass!

:rolleyes:

Possibly one more misleading reference. There is a mention online of H2O Zone on Anthem. I do not believe this is true.

Checkout the misleading image...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=QN&shipCode=AN&br=R

As far as I am aware it does have an H2O zone. Its on the deck plans situated just forward of the main pool.

I watched a bunch of videos and looked at some pictures and haven't seen an H2O zone, just a wave pool.

I'm not sure why this would have changed.

This video shows the H2O zone at 0.26

I am really interested in the outcome of this.

It's beyond be logic what is going on.

Feel sorry for you people that had booked for DW.

Hope it does get on Waatchdog and watch someone squirm answering questions

kezz

Thanks Kevin. It looks like the zone is really just a wave pool.

You can see that in this video, there's even a sign designating the area as the H2O Zone. It's the same on the Oasis Class. I think there's a miss on the Quantum Class, which is bigger than Freedom Class, so I'm not sure why they don't have it as advertised.

I am really interested in the outcome of this.

It's beyond be logic what is going on.

Feel sorry for you people that had booked for DW.

Hope it does get on Waatchdog and watch someone squirm answering questions

kezz

I'm crying foul on the H2O Zone advertisement as well!

so glad i saw this thread as my son was going to book a cruise based on the dreamwork characters being onboard, he is looking at other cruises now thanks for all the posts

Glad he dodged the bullet on that one, unlike so many others. Should not be up to Cruise Critic members to provide the facts but sadly it is so often the case.

When we were on Anthem this month the gift shop was selling Shrek dolls, Fiona Dolls, Donkey Dolls, Penguins of Madagascar Dolls etc... under a sign saying 'Dreamworks experience'.

Wish I had taken a picture now.

When we were on Anthem this month the gift shop was selling Shrek dolls, Fiona Dolls, Donkey Dolls, Penguins of Madagascar Dolls etc... under a sign saying 'Dreamworks experience'.

Wish I had taken a picture now.

Gotta love the opportunistic side of Royal Caribbean.

I do believe that overall they out out a superior product, but at least as this project has gone, it's clear that the people at the top have lost touch.

The IT deployment was an epic fail. The Dynamic Dining was arguably a failure by many counts, even though I think that they had a good concept.

At the very least, it was deployed prematurely.

The Dreamworks debacle and I believe that there is no H2O Zone on this ship.

Other than that, I think that this is a beautiful ship, but that the little ones have been overlooked in their design.

At the risk of seeming to be flogging a dead horse (or donkey!) I checked the RCCL brochure page and noted that most DW references had been removed from the e-brochures. So working on the principle it costs nothing to get someone to redact PDFs whilst it is very costly to pulp 000's of brochures I ordered the WOW 2015-2016 brochure.

It turned up today and Lo & behold it is the uncensored, uncut, fully unexpurgated version with D/W symbols on every Anthem cruise past, present & future.

The Europe 2015 brochure has also reappeared online so I have ordered that and we'll see what that says.

So anyone considering taking this further and are in need of quantifiable proof RCCL are kindly still providing it.

At the risk of seeming to be flogging a dead horse (or donkey!) I checked the RCCL brochure page and noted that most DW references had been removed from the e-brochures. So working on the principle it costs nothing to get someone to redact PDFs whilst it is very costly to pulp 000's of brochures I ordered the WOW 2015-2016 brochure.

It turned up today and Lo & behold it is the uncensored, uncut, fully unexpurgated version with D/W symbols on every Anthem cruise past, present & future.

The Europe 2015 brochure has also reappeared online so I have ordered that and we'll see what that says.

So anyone considering taking this further and are in need of quantifiable proof RCCL are kindly still providing it.

It is crazy. I'm not sure why/how they sell DW merchandise for the DW experience, on board a ship that doesn't feature this.

We're now researching other cruise lines and options and will probably cancel our cruise with Royal Caribbean

Why is this so important? Fir me I cruise for the purpose of cruising. If I want characters I go to a theme park. For children it might be important, but still this is about going on a cruise to see the ocean and interesting places.

Why is this so important? Fir me I cruise for the purpose of cruising. If I want characters I go to a theme park. For children it might be important, but still this is about going on a cruise to see the ocean and interesting places.

Something tells me you are not the parent of young children? Children want to go to a theme park, Parents want to go on a cruise and see places interesting to them but not to young children. A cruise with characters and parades is a good compromise. We have done several excellent Disney cruises in the past. The idea of having Dreamworks on an RCI ship made it seem an appealing alternative to Disney. So we feel like we were tricked into booking this ship.

Due to the Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem and I'm sailing in July, and still no sign of them changing and putting it on, I have gone and booked tickets to see "Shrek the Musical" that is on a nationwide tour. I will then take my payment receipt with me on board when I sail in July and see if I can get reimbursed by show tickets due to RCCL not showing any Dreamworks Experience shows. *fingers crossed* you never know, someone might admit responsibility and pay me for the tickets. If not, it was worth a try.

Due to the Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem and I'm sailing in July, and still no sign of them changing and putting it on, I have gone and booked tickets to see "Shrek the Musical" that is on a nationwide tour. I will then take my payment receipt with me on board when I sail in July and see if I can get reimbursed by show tickets due to RCCL not showing any Dreamworks Experience shows. *fingers crossed* you never know, someone might admit responsibility and pay me for the tickets. If not, it was worth a try.

Yeah right!

Let us know how you get in with that.