NCL Gem - January 2017 - MDR Dinner - select pictures only

mking8288

These the color pictures of some of the latest MDR dinner as served on the NCL Gem last month (Jan. 2017) ... nothing exceptional to highlight, just informational purposes for those with curious minds. It should be fairly identical to what's being served fleetwide, in case someone is looking for the latest info to try to plan for them. Enjoy.

Exactly as above, there are no menus associated with these pictures uploaded, they were as served onboard the GEM last month (mid January) doing the 10 and 11 days E. Caribbean itinerary - obtained directly from my source that sailed her. Portion sizes can be best described, subjectively, as "petite" to "average" ... the starter items and dessert are pretty simple. The dinner entrees, give you an idea of its presentation and the "side" items.

NCL%20GEM%202017%20Feb._zpsnoqvjlij.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20St.%20Thomas%2002_zpsdui4huhc.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Soup%2001_zpspmilruoa.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Salad%2001_zpsd9bio6ka.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Fresh%20Fruits_zpsq2xuopzm.jpg

Continuing with the pictures as uploaded - they are now housed on Photobucket's online/cloud website, due to changes in Dropbox's storage & public access/file sharing policies. Higher resolution images are stored offline on a private server and available upon request, if desired, for private use.

Here are some of the MDR dinner entrees as served last month. No opinions of the food served themselves available nor offered here, as it is subjective & personal.

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Entree%2001_zpspzx0pq2t.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Entree%2002_zps9wqn8ct7.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Entree%2003_zpsnkcguwbg.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Entree%2004_zpsmghtofb8.jpg

Continuing with the food pictures - here are some of the dessert served on the GEM last month (Jan. 2017), the Creme Brulee among them, is a French classic and we found some of the best ones in French-Vietnamese restaurants on land.

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Dessert%2001_zpsfssh7lbl.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Dessert%2002_zpsxodcjshl.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Dessert%2003_zpscizes7mf.jpg

And, how about a little variety on those soup - or, did they simply recycle it 3 days later & repeat (I dunno, it surely look almost identical).

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Dining%20-%20Soup%2002_zpszlvtarru.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20Life%20is%20Good_zpsuq2q3psa.jpg

NCL%20GEM%20-%20In%20Caribbean%20-%20The%20Original%20One_zpsabwjl0me.jpg

Going to see if there's more food pictures to add to this. Menu description, IMO, usually sounds good but until you see it - the looks, priceless.

Okay, there are some more pictures taken from the GEM, I managed to go thru other recent food pictures from NCL ... everything from the Everyday Luncheon menu for the MDR (embarkation day) to O'Sheehan's.

Plus, what one can get from the MDR for a nice sit-down breakfast (open hours are shorter & limited, generally - need to be there by 9 AM to get seated & served).

Edited and framed them as a collection, using "Pic.Collage" mobile app - no descriptions available as it will take more time ... and, besides, NCL is known to start changing & rotating the menus each Spring, so ... something to dream about & look forward to. Warning, not responsible if you get hungry and proceeded to raid your kitchen & refrigerator.

MDR lunch - Cajun Shrimp Salad, Vietnamese Chicken Pho Soup ( but, no lemongrass !!!), Fried Chicken and Fish Burger, etc.

7089beba64bf28316f6a648db27abafe.jpg

O'Sheehan's - Hot Wings w. dipping sauces, Soup, Open Face Turkey Sandwich, Reuben Sandwich, and Hot Dog w. Fries ... (oops, where did the towel animal came from)

6a493e8f7c0f4de263f0ec1d4b5886bf.jpg

Assorted Breakfast Items & optional sides, including toasted bagel & French Toast, Eggs Benedict, and Fruits ... juices & coffee. And, don't forget to ask for the pastry basket (or, else - they no longer bring it automatically)

275df79143cd2d59b27406f53a4ff160.jpg

Here are more pictures of typical items served in the MDR ... (NCL should consider - IMO - going easy with those sauces, gravies or what not ... it's drowning out some of the dishes)

f50a200c9e9599dc3671d148aeb5c041.jpg

b4c329672fcef1248da88eb94493224a.jpg

Dinner at LeBistro (we will be doing it again this Spring & will update on what's new afterward)

be6471bf286004853ee2b0b43f046794.jpg

Plan to wrap this pictorial post with desserts ... coming as soon as tomorrow. Not responsible for anyone being hungry at midnight as I upload these via Tapatalk App.

Plan to wrap this pictorial post with desserts ... coming as soon as tomorrow. Not responsible for anyone being hungry at midnight as I upload these via Tapatalk App.

Yes you are!;)

I like the way you use your collage app.

Yes you are!;)

I like the way you use your collage app.

Cabin fever here (had a warm day in NYC but turning colder again) - we've sailed as early as Feb. & March but still about 2 months out, these images are good visuals of we can & should look forward to ...

Desserts, yummy :D

e5675b218b14d7d76c4859f1d7db1871.jpg

Now, just need to link up the latest MDR & O'Sheehan's menu to match up with the pictures for WYSIWYG as the fancy descriptive menu listing written can sometimes be a little "off".

• 1 month later...
Here are more pictures of typical items served in the MDR ... (NCL should consider - IMO - going easy with those sauces, gravies or what not ... it's drowning out some of the dishes)

f50a200c9e9599dc3671d148aeb5c041.jpg

b4c329672fcef1248da88eb94493224a.jpg

Dinner at LeBistro (we will be doing it again this Spring & will update on what's new afterward)

be6471bf286004853ee2b0b43f046794.jpg

Is the top left pic from the second link the Thai Coconut Shrimp? Have had this before and loved it.

Hi Mking! See you are online. Currently at airport burning time for a 10 p.m. flight home. Your Gem trip is coming up in May correct? Have a great time and Happy Easter.

I've been negligent in posting more of the pics I took in Dec. but maybe I'll get a few more for you before you leave.

... menu's would be appreciated...thanks
Picture is worth a thousand words, will do - sailing @ end of month on the GEM and will update what I get, likely post-cruise vs. "semi live" @ sea.
... Currently at airport burning time for a 10 p.m. flight home. Your Gem trip is coming up in May correct? Have a great time and Happy Easter. I've been negligent in posting more of the pics I took in Dec. but maybe I'll get a few more for you before you leave.
Hi, there ... Happy Good Friday, Easter, Passover - to you & yours, and everyone else on CC. Hmmm, that's late for hanging out at an airport, red-eye flight ... post cruise ? trust you've home & resting up by now.

Yes, forecast looking good, dance in the rain if we must so yes, going to enjoy those short 7 days, thanks ! A decent Roll Call coming together w. a M&M confirmed. Suitcases out, ready to pack, doing scouting reports on changes lately, playing this Upgrade Advantage game (just for fun) so not printing eDocs & luggage tags yet - half a month to go ... probably just take a quickie look at Gem's internet, plan & speed, etc. Upload the rest of reporting/update afterward ... unless.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

No, I wish post cruise but post work. It will be interesting to see if Gem internet is working any better for you. If you recall on our trip we had the 250 minutes free and I left 188 unused as Gem internet so bad. It even crashed mid-trip for the ship for several hours and not all onboard electronic services were working properly.

Have a nice trip.