Adventure Preview/Review

All, the talk and preparation is done and today is get out of town day. I love the planning for a cruise and it helps me get through the last month of work. My wife and I will be flying out of SFO this afternoon headed to San Juan for our Saturday departure on the Adventure of the Seas. I plan to write a review and hopefully include compasses and pictures if I can figure that process out. Since I am not opting for the internet package and am not taking my computer I won't be posting much until we get back, but will be able to use my phone in San Juan and in some hot spots in some of the ports.

I will certainly answer any question about the ship for those of you on upcoming sailings on the Adventure.

We will be staying at the El Convento in OSJ. We walked through it the last time we are there undecided to stay there the next time we sailed from the city.

One of the biggest topics on this board is the drink package. We are both getting the premium and I plan to keep a detailed record of what and how much we use it. Since we are only paying out of pocket for one and using cruise credit on board for another there will not be pressure to over drink, but we want to see if it works for us to help us decide on using it in the future. Since we got a great deal the cost of our balcony room and the drink package is still less than what a balcony was going for later and certainly thousands of dollars less than the GS we have had on our last few cruises.

As C&A members we will also book our next cruise on board and get some more credit. Since we do not plan to cruise until late 2018 we will do a dummy booking now and then switch when the rest of the 2018 itineraries come out.

Suffice to say we are all packed. paperwork is in order, boarding passes are on my phone, family house sitters are all arranged, sprinklers are set, plenty for 1's for tips, the house is clean, we all want to come back to a clean house after vacation, and best of all, everything is already paid for. Plenty of credit and the on board bill at the end of the cruise be $.00.

The only question is, how with the lack of sleep last night affect me today and tomorrow? :) Funny how it is hard to sleep the night before leaving on vacation.

Bon voyage!

Seven weeks from today, my family will be doing the same thing, except we will be staying in Ponce before the cruise and San Juan afterward.

I don't have any questions as we were just on the Adventure last year. Our itinerary was changed before the cruise due to a hurricane and again during the cruise due to a tropical storm, so we only got to visit one of the original stops (along with three new ones). We booked onboard to try again this year for the original itinerary. Hoping for calmer weather, but those are the risks of cruising in mid-August.

Have a great time!

I will be following along. My wife and I enjoyed two Christmas cruises on the beautiful Adventure of the Seas.

Yes, it's hard to sleep the night before. Your adrenaline is high and your excitement gets the best of you. Relax. Your about to go on a great "adventure!" :D

All, the talk and preparation is done and today is get out of town day. I love the planning for a cruise and it helps me get through the last month of work.

Amen to that, sounds like we have a lot in common. Although you will be helping me get through then next 300 days. I know how much effort doing that type of review is, but rest assured, whatever you put up will be enjoyed by many. I'll especially look forward to hearing about the hotel as that is my next decision that I will probably make around the holiday season. I will be reading every Adventure reivew, especially after the refurbishment.

Enjoy....We were just on her a month ago for a B2B (May 7th- 21st)...can't wait to book her again when the bookings open for more of 2018. If you have time pop into the Parrot Club in Old San Juan for a Paradise Passion and the nachos :p....And don't forget while onboard try the coconut and the chocolate martini :p:p and the yummy HUGE cake they'll have in the WJ on the day before cruise ends during the lunch hours...as a thank you to all the guests.

I've seen some mixed reviews on AOS. Are they founded? I'm booked on her in November and am worried the ship will be run down. I look forward to reading about more current experiences on Adventure.

The ship will be just out of a revitalization dry dock in November.

I've seen some mixed reviews on AOS. Are they founded? I'm booked on her in November and am worried the ship will be run down. I look forward to reading about more current experiences on Adventure.

Darn computer glitch....sorry all for the double post :(

Edited by Ashland

Don't believe everything you read on CC....It's just their opinion's...go, enjoy and arrive at your own;)

SUBSCRIBED!

Really hoping to get those Compasses. We sail July 9 (2 weeks!) and I have a special needs aunt for whom I want to do some advance planning. Have a GREAT trip!

I have all my Compasses from my May 7th & May 14th on Adventure...anything in particular I might be able to answer for you?...Sorry can't post them :o

We have been on Adventure the last 2 Aprils. Love the ship. Hubby loves the Promenade area on all the Voyager Class ships and above.

Love cruising out of San Juan. By far my favorite port to cruise from since the cruises are so port intensive

Enjoy Adventure!!!!

All, the talk and preparation is done and today is get out of town day. I love the planning for a cruise and it helps me get through the last month of work. My wife and I will be flying out of SFO this afternoon headed to San Juan for our Saturday departure on the Adventure of the Seas. I plan to write a review and hopefully include compasses and pictures if I can figure that process out. Since I am not opting for the internet package and am not taking my computer I won't be posting much until we get back, but will be able to use my phone in San Juan and in some hot spots in some of the ports.

I will certainly answer any question about the ship for those of you on upcoming sailings on the Adventure.

We will be staying at the El Convento in OSJ. We walked through it the last time we are there undecided to stay there the next time we sailed from the city.

One of the biggest topics on this board is the drink package. We are both getting the premium and I plan to keep a detailed record of what and how much we use it. Since we are only paying out of pocket for one and using cruise credit on board for another there will not be pressure to over drink, but we want to see if it works for us to help us decide on using it in the future. Since we got a great deal the cost of our balcony room and the drink package is still less than what a balcony was going for later and certainly thousands of dollars less than the GS we have had on our last few cruises.

As C&A members we will also book our next cruise on board and get some more credit. Since we do not plan to cruise until late 2018 we will do a dummy booking now and then switch when the rest of the 2018 itineraries come out.

Suffice to say we are all packed. paperwork is in order, boarding passes are on my phone, family house sitters are all arranged, sprinklers are set, plenty for 1's for tips, the house is clean, we all want to come back to a clean house after vacation, and best of all, everything is already paid for. Plenty of credit and the on board bill at the end of the cruise be $.00.

The only question is, how with the lack of sleep last night affect me today and tomorrow? :) Funny how it is hard to sleep the night before leaving on vacation.

We all go thru that. no sleep before the cruise.

Sitting here in my room at the Vanderbilt doing this update. This hotel was not on the agenda. I'll explain.

And also, we are going to St. Maarten and the ABC Islands.

Well we made it to San Juan, but it has been an adventure before the Adventure.

Flew from San Francisco to Washington Dulles and then to San Juan. Arrived at 12:00 noon AST. For the first time flew first class and was pleasantly surprised at the food. Both tasty and healthy.

Took a cab from the the airport to the El Convento in OSJ. $25.00 plus the 5.00 tip I left. We go to see if our room is ready and we are told that they have had some plumbing issues. Great, I thought. Well, we got a free lunch, a free cab ride, which we shared with another couple in the same boat, and a free night at the Vanderbilt. Tomorrow we get another free cab ride back. Not as planned, but this is a beautiful place and it is saving me a lot of money. Now, if it happens tomorrow I will be pretty upset because we want to stay in OSJ.

Tomorrow is the Flavors of San Juan Food Tour at 10:00. Up early, cab ride to the El Convento, drop our bags off, go on the tour and the hopefully our room will be ready. Ready or not it's off to Fort Moro for a few hours of exploring.

It's all good however. I usually don't get upset over free.

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa
Spelling

I guess today couldbe called the walking day. Left the Vanderbilt early and dropped our bags off at the El. Convento. They said our room would be ready.

No breakfast because we were doing the food tour. It was great and I was stuffed. Room was ready and we were pleasantly surprised by the room on the fifth floor with a great view of the bay. We were then off to visit both forts. Walked all over and then all over town, hit Starbucks and then back to the hotel for the wine and cheese hour from 6 to 7. Sitting here in mr room with half a glass of wine left. We will probably pass on dinner.

The plan us to get up early, work up early, workout and the head to the ship and get on as early as possible. Obviously looking forward to it.

Sounds like you are having a great time and making the best of any hiccups that come along!

We are doing this same itinerary in September and would love to see cruise compasses when you get back! There are only a few of these itinerary sailings and when I asked on the last thread for the May 28th sailing, no one responded. 🙁

can't wait to here all about your trip and hope you have a really great time!