Anyone enjoy the Vista?

apollo1981

Loved it! Did vista in Europe last summer, she's nothing like any other carnival ship... loved all the outside spaces, never felt crowded. Food was great, entertainment was really good.... loved it so much we are thinking of doing horizon when she launches

I enjoyed the ship very much and if she ever comes to the Westcoast, I would sail her again in a heartbeat. I'm looking forward to seeing the Horizon itineraries and will also book that ship.

But then again, I have enjoyed every cruise I have done since 1980. And I sure would never not cruise a ship from what somebody else had to say about it. I like to make my own decisions.

Human nature tends to report on things negative rather than positive.

Edited by crzndeb

The Vista is not my favorite. It felt really crowded to me. I'm glad we had a Havana room so I could escape to the quiet uncrowded Havana area.

The Vista is only 50 feet longer than the Breeze, in that 50 feet you get the Havana bar/pool and dining rooms under it. Then they added rooms to deck 3, 5 and 14 that aren't on the Breeze adding people and taking away public space.

I'm glad we didn't have to wait in the extremely long dining line, I'm not sure if it was platinum status or the Havana room that allowed us to skip the line and go straight to the dining room where we never had to wait for a table.

I'm also glad we booked Havana because the main pool area seemed really small and because of the weather I think the Serenity area was closed or unpleasant.

I can't comment on the buffet, we never ate there, too many other options! Loved Pig and Anchor, burritos, and pizza and the breakfast and lunch in the Havana area. Never made it for a Guy's burger either. Also love JiJi and the steakhouse, but be sure to book before boarding. Once onboard there were no reservations available! Service and food in the dining room was inconsistent, sometimes good sometimes not.

We had awesome comedians, didn't make it to a show in the theater. The piano bar lady was boring. There was good live music in the Red Frog Pub too.

I wouldn't mind sailing this class of ship for a port intensive European cruise but would chose a different ship for a Caribbean cruise.

We are doing Vista in June. I always read all the reviews of a ship but after cruising a few times you realize that most reviews are just personal opinions and unfortunately a lot of people have one negative and then look for only negatives the rest of the time. Also people are way more likely to post a negative review than a positive review. Consider that over 4000 people sail the Vista ever week and have been since May 2016 but yet there are only a few hundred reviews. I have never had a bad cruise on any line even ones I had a negative experience on. Sometimes things happen but we should never let it destroy a great time.

We are doing Vista in June. I always read all the reviews of a ship but after cruising a few times you realize that most reviews are just personal opinions and unfortunately a lot of people have one negative and then look for only negatives the rest of the time. Also people are way more likely to post a negative review than a positive review. Consider that over 4000 people sail the Vista ever week and have been since May 2016 but yet there are only a few hundred reviews. I have never had a bad cruise on any line even ones I had a negative experience on. Sometimes things happen but we should never let it destroy a great time.

Great response and thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the Vista. I have cruised on the Breeze and assume it's very similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not. Only the main Deck10 pool area, Lido Buffet seating and Tides Pool area are similar. But not identical.

Other than that, the Deck 4 and 5 Promenades are radically different than the Breeze.

We were on the Vista last week and had as good a time as any previous Carnival cruise and never waited in any long lines for anything or felt crowded (except right after the muster drill which happens on most any ship).

Loved it! Did vista in Europe last summer, she's nothing like any other carnival ship... loved all the outside spaces, never felt crowded. Food was great, entertainment was really good.... loved it so much we are thinking of doing horizon when she launches

My husband, two cousins, and I were on the May 1, 2016 sailing. I had a wonderful time. I would do it again tomorrow. I agree with the writer above. Also, I never had to wait for an elevator. All ships have pros and cons. When I am on a cruise, I am avoid the cons. We are eagerly awaiting the Horizon.

On the Vista now. We have sailed on Spirit, Liberty, Breeze, Pride, Glory, Sunshine and Conquest. We have had a great cruise, but it feels like they have gone too plain. On Breeze it was refreshing but on Vista it feels like there are no decorations. It could be because there is no atrium to speak of. Can't put my finger on it.

Also if you want to go to the steak house, make reservations asap. It was full up this week. I tried to make reservations a few weeks ago and was put on a waiting list that never cleared.

I enjoyed the ship very much and if she ever comes to the Westcoast, I would sail her again in a heartbeat. I'm looking forward to seeing the Horizon itineraries and will also book that ship.

But then again, I have enjoyed every cruise I have done since 1980. And I sure would never not cruise a ship from what somebody else had to say about it. I like to make my own decisions.

Human nature tends to report on things negative rather than positive.

Love this post! This is how I feel. I will be on the Vista in August and plan to enjoy every moment. I never would have enjoyed my best cruise vacation to date (on the Sunshine) had I let all the negativity about it stop me from booking. I like to make my own decisions, and I've never NOT enjoyed a vacation.

People may or may not post good reviews, but they are quick to jump on here to report the bad. Whatever.