What is going on with Princess Web Site

4x4bob

For a week we have been trying to sign into the Princess web site and research tours. Beside being really difficult to get into it will not open the available tours for the Cruise we are interested in. And, it not allow us to sign in with our user name when we want to check on cabins available.

Locally we have been watching ads on TV the advantages of offering jobs to those without a four year education. Train them on the job and at the end of the four years they will have the experience equal to a college education.

Web site design was one of the jobs offered. I wonder if that is what is happening with the Princess site? If so, it might be two years before we can go on out next cruise. :D

Bob

For a week we have been trying to sign into the Princess web site and research tours. Beside being really difficult to get into it will not open the available tours for the Cruise we are interested in. And, it not allow us to sign in with our user name when we want to check on cabins available.

Locally we have been watching ads on TV the advantages of offering jobs to those without a four year education. Train them on the job and at the end of the four years they will have the experience equal to a college education.

Web site design was one of the jobs offered. I wonder if that is what is happening with the Princess site? If so, it might be two years before we can go on out next cruise. :D

I was able to get in yesterday. Had to "fight" my way in though. Still no pre-cruise emails and the one I had is gone.:(

The header graphics are a mess on the website in my browser. I suggest trying to sign in with an existing cruise booking using the booking number, etc.

It is possible to view the excursions, but they have the access to them. You have to click on the arrow to get the details. Not a fan of the mess the website is at present, but managing to do what I need to.

I cannot get it to work at all using google chrome, but it does work in internet explorer, a real inconvenience.

Google Chrome should be thrown out the airlock. It is a very poorly written browser. I usually recommend Firefox (32 bit) or Firefox (64 bit) . They are based on the old Netscape browser and are very stable. Also a lot of add ons and programs for integration are available for free .

I was having problems too. here is what worked for me.

open Princess.com

big mess, refresh the page. Problem solved.

repeat for any page with header issues.

I use chrome.

There is another thread discussing this issue that helped me. Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2311336

Still no pre-cruise emails though.

I was having problems too. here is what worked for me.

open Princess.com

big mess, refresh the page. Problem solved.

repeat for any page with header issues.

I use chrome.

There is another thread discussing this issue that helped me. Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2311336

Still no pre-cruise emails though.

Thank you - very helpful.

Try this. It worked for me.

Option 1) wait until your cached script and images timeout and re-download.

Option 2) clear all cached files and scripts in your browser.

* My choice *

Option 3) force download the new page to replace cached scripts and images.

a) Ctrl+Shift+I or Right Click -> inspect

b) Ctrl + F5

voilà!

Edited by masterty

Nicely done Princess, in my opinion! I like it.

I feel the same way & it isn't a big change from what I've seen recently for their home page. Although what's intuitive to me is apparently not the same for the others posting here.

It's easy for me to place my cursor over the options at the top of the page to view many things about a cruise that previously were all over their home page.

Several weeks ago there was a thread created to complain about a new version of the search function for cruises. Here's a link to that site which to me is more functional than the current site & hopefully it will be implemented soon.

http://www.princess.com/find/advancedSearch.do?resType=C

Currently we can only select one option in each category but with this new site we can select multiple options for each category. I don't understand why so many were upset with this change which is an improvement to me.

Change isn't always good but the ones being made have been improvements to me. ;)

a disaster. It does not work for me at all with google chrome, i have to go to explorer to get a workable page.

Are you having the problem with the upper portion of their website being blue with hard to read options & the lower portion looking normal?

That problem has been discussed recently on CC & some have reported it was returned to normal by deleting cookies & history. My desktop using MS Edge web browser never had the problem but my Apple mobile devices using Safari had that problem until I deleted my cookies & history to return to the useable home page. I'm not an IT techie but that procedure throughout the decades of using home computers has corrected several unexplainable problems. ;)

Obviously the issues that have been happening for awhile are still a problem & here's what I posted on one of the other sites discussing this problem...it's very frustrating indeed! Technology isn't perfect & those darn gremlins sometimes affect it. ;)

Are you having the problem with the upper portion of their website being blue with hard to read options & the lower portion looking normal?

That problem has been discussed recently on CC & some have reported it was returned to normal by deleting cookies & history. My desktop using MS Edge web browser never had the problem but my Apple mobile devices using Safari had that problem until I deleted my cookies & history to return to the useable home page. I'm not an IT techie but that procedure throughout the decades of using home computers has corrected several unexplainable problems. ;)