C1 Aft balconies on S class ships

BuckeyeMan

Are the balconies on Aft cabins on S class ships private or will you feel that someone is looking down on you the whole time you are out there?

Thanks in advance.

I booked a C1 aft balcony cabin on deck 12 - while the restaurant is above, there is an overhang that will block viewers, and rain, and maybe give some shade (depending where the sun is). I

I'm prepared for soot; if there is any noise, it shouldn't bother me. I'm not sure if any other decks have an overhang above.

Deck 12 cabins are all covered so not a lot of sun and no one looking down on you. Do have the OV above so scraping chairs but shouldn't be a problem at night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also early in the morning before and around 6:00 AM. This was on the Reflection this month!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most people have better things to do on a cruise than standing on their balcony looking down on yours.....unless you're doing something VERY interesting! We once saw a couple doing something so interesting that people from several balconies were watching. The man on the balcony directly above the couple was so startled that he dropped his drink glass, which crashed & broke right next to the 'involved' couple. They quickly disappeared inside. Someone later asked DH whether he'd recognize the couple again and he said "Only if they were naked".

These cabins are pretty exposed but we would choose one again in a heart beat!! If you are sitting down while closer to the cabin sliding door, nobody will really be looking at you. However, if you are standing near the railing, all the people out on their balconies from the cabins above can see you! In my opinion, it is well worth it to have a balcony with that vantage point. It is so relaxing to just watch the wake of the ship and whatever port you are sailing from.

If raining, your balcony may be not be usable, though. Again, small price to pay for the best view from the ship. It is nice and quiet back there.

I loved my corner aft S1 on Equinox. Great wrap-around view. The porthole window let in lots of light.

No soot. Never bothered by anyone looking down.

The one negative for me was that the lack of overhang meant no shade. In the heat of the day I'd be in the shade on the crowded pool deck. I prefer to spend the majority of my time on the balcony with my trusty Kindle.

Would I book it again? Absolutely!

We always book an aft cabin. Privacy isn't an issue unless you are very close to the balcony railing, but unless you're being naughty, why would you worry anyway? We haven't experienced an issue with a lack of shade, but that might simply be a function of the times of day that we use the balcony.