Help - We Want to Change Cruise Lines

debgra

We are 51 and DH is 65

We have cruise Princess and P and O, along with Holland America, Costa, MSC but we are finding that the age group,of perhaps the cruises we are choosing is getting a bit old for us

We have just returned from 2 weeks on Azure round the Med and our dinner companions were all over 85. Now this is also down to P and O's computer programming for dinner, but I am also finding that on the dance floors I am the last person standing at about 10.30/11pm

Now I don't want to sound ageist and I don't need to party till all hours but when you are going to dinner at 8pm and it seems half the ship are going to bed it's beginning to put us off cruising.

So my question is we need a slightly younger ship so which line is going to fit our needs.

Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you go during the school holidays, you'll find all the family ships sailing from the UK have younger people on board.

Because of strict laws nowadays about children missing school during term time, there's noticeably less young people on cruises. Short cruises also attract people in work, i.e. under mid 60s.. RCI ships are definitely fun ships, but out of the UK in term time they'll still have few children and young parents... it's just not allowed these days. There will be masses of children on board most ships this week, because shipping lines know the exact school holidays!

You need to pick shorter cruises (7-10days) and in season.

All lines in off season and in specific itins will feature older crowd and vice versa.

Our oldest crowd was on RCCL 7 days New England Canada in later September. We in our early 40s felt like grandkids. Didn't bother us as it was for itinerary.

Other 6 cruises with them were in Caribbeans or Western Mediterranean and middle age was 30-40.

Same with Celebrity. Older age for California Coastal and younger for Caribbean and Bermuda in season.

Norwegian pax is younger, but again..

Our favorites are Princess and Celebrity.

We always cruise Carnival, in the Caribbean, and it's a young crowd. The one time we cruised two weeks to Hawaii and back, the average age was probably 60 to 70. It seems that the retirement set can take longer cruises, and younger people take shorter cruises due to work, I assume.

I am 62 and my husband is 68. We love Royal Caribbean, and have been sailing with them since we were in our 30's. Great for young and older alike! Depending on the cabin you choose, you can make your cruise more or less upscale. Of course, their longer cruises have older folks. But there is plenty to do later at night and you will find many just like you on their cruises.