Rooftop Terrace on Infinity

Rob the Cruiser

They were already showing outdoor movies up on deck 12 on some cruises last year, even before the official "rooftop terrace" installation.

The crew just set up rows of loungers facing the screen and put deck blankets on them.

We didn't stay to watch any of the movies up there as they were not showing anything we wanted to see.

Edited by varoo

We watched a movie there yesterday and have to admit that it is not what the princess movie under the stars is....too windy with little protection from the elements and a long way from ocean view bar...no waiter service for us at all...maybe others got some. They quit about 10 and show a late movie in the gamma room on 3 for our quadriplegic friend, yes we know it ain't the same. Not a pleasant experience, we doubt a repeat will occur for us.

We watched a movie there yesterday and have to admit that it is not what the princess movie under the stars is....too windy with little protection from the elements and a long way from ocean view bar...no waiter service for us at all...maybe others got some. They quit about 10 and show a late movie in the gamma room on 3 for our quadriplegic friend, yes we know it ain't the same. Not a pleasant experience, we doubt a repeat will occur for us.

What is the "movie under the stars" experience like? Never been on princess.

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick report on the new Rooftop Terrace on Infinity:

We were on aboard Infinity for 29 nights on the Panama Canal/South America B2B.

Summary: There are no negatives. Give it a try.

I forgot to mention. During the morning hours the screen displayed Park West documentaries.

**O**M**G** :eek: ANYTHING but *T*H*A*T*!!! :eek: RUN AWAYYYY! :eek: :D

Edited by teecee60

...show a late movie in the gamma room on 3 for our quadriplegic friend, yes we know it ain't the same. Not a pleasant experience, we doubt a repeat will occur for us.

Guess that answers my question regarding an elevator to the terrace. I'm a quadriplegic too.

• 3 weeks later...
I am confused. I thought the Infinity came out of dry dock last year. Some are posting she is coming out of dry dock May 11 th . I am on the May 11 th cruise so this concerns me.

It did come out of dry dock last year. Mid-May is the target to have all the enhancements completed. Finishing Rooftop Terrace awnings and the new exhaust systems are two projects I am aware of.

I think there are stairs on both sides of the ship.

Stairs to AQ cabins are on both sides. Stairs continuing to Rooftop Terrace are on starboard side only. (Unless port side stairs to Rooftop Terrace were added since January but I doubt it. They would have to shutdown half of the Oceanview Bar.)

• 2 weeks later...
What is the "movie under the stars" experience like? Never been on princess.

- Joel

On the Caribbean Princess in 2012 "movie under the stars" was pool-side on the Lido Deck with a decent size screen above the bar between the entrances to the Horizon Court (the buffet). Blankets were available and necessary since it was a British Isles cruise and there was a chill from the breeze in the evening even in August.

Larry

On the Caribbean Princess in 2012 "movie under the stars" was pool-side on the Lido Deck with a decent size screen above the bar between the entrances to the Horizon Court (the buffet). Blankets were available and necessary since it was a British Isles cruise and there was a chill from the breeze in the evening even in August.

Larry

Is there a fee? Is the sound good?

- Joel

Is there a fee? Is the sound good?

- Joel

No fee on Princess and the sound has been good on all of our cruises.

Sometimes they even come around with Pizza and then ice cream.

Nothing better than laying on a lounger under the Caribbean stars watching a movie!

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked the Valpasario to Miami leg. This will be our second Celebrity Cruise (the first was on the Expedition in Galapagos) - so not your typical (celebrity) cruise - Otherwise we have sailed Seven Seas and Princess, the latter in suites for he past 10 years. We like Princess, but with no suite perks beyond what we would get in an inside cabin as Elites, despite paying x8 more, and liking the list and reviews of Celebrity's suite perks, we are ready to try to see if we can find greener grass on Celebrity. (didn't find it on Seven Seas by the way)

Thus, we were lucky to snag the last available Royal Suite on this cruise and are looking forward to see how we will deal with the differences from what we are used to on Princess. With this cruise we will have completed a total circumnavigation of South America.

Sincerely,

Finn and Merete, Salt Lake City, Utah