Rooftop Terrace on Infinity

Rob the Cruiser

Just a quick report on the new Rooftop Terrace on Infinity:

When the terrace/movie concept was introduced there were quite a lot of negative comments so hopefully the commentary and pictures will change your mind.

The biggest concern discussed was noise. We were on aboard Infinity for 29 nights on the Panama Canal/South America B2B.

Cabin - 1141 Yikes! Directly under the terrace.

Noise - I tried to take a very negative tone and find the tiniest bit of fault in the terrace relative to noise.

Noise Inside cabin with slider closed: Did not detect any noise from above, day or night.

Noise inside cabin with slider open: Could not detect any noise above crashing waves and noise from Oceanview Bar.

Noise while on balcony: All we heard was noise from Oceanview Bar - conversations, laughter, clanking of dishes, the grinding noise from the ice crusher. You know, people having a good time. We did hear some noise during the broadcast on an NFL football game. Referee whistle, perhaps. No biggie.

Noise while at Oceanview Bar: Same as mentioned above but add the squeaky sliding glass doors.

Getting there:

There are two ways to get to the Rooftop Terrace.

From Oceanview Bar:

IMG_3294_zpsm3g8hoxb.jpg

From both sides of deck 11 outside:

_MG_4229_zpslc3x5y0e.jpg

Note: There is no wheelchair access and none is planned at this time.

Steps from Oceanview Bar:

_MG_4238_zpsgpwol8l4.jpg

View of stairs from terrace:

_MG_4227_zpsc99cde4q.jpg

View from Oceanview Bar:

IMG_3348_zpsdlvroij8.jpg

FYI - Drink service is provided by waiters at Oceanview Bar

And here it is!

IMG_3824_zpsflp5stnw.jpg

What's next? Canvas awning for shade, similar to that at Oceanview Bar, will be added later. The fragile-looking aluminum frames are temporary.

Summary:

People I talked to enjoyed the new venue. People I talked to that were in other A1 cabins did not notice noise from the terrace. People I talked to at Oceanview Bar did not notice noise from terrace. There are no negatives.

Give it a try.

Thanks for the photos! Once they get some shade up there I could see myself lounging up there (I'm not a sunbather).

I do wonder - since service comes from the Oceanview waiters, did you find it slower than poolside service (where I would normally find shade)? With those stairs, if service is slow and I felt the urge to go pick up a drink myself (it happens) I dunno if my lazy behind would keep doing those stairs! :p

Thanks for the photos! Once they get some shade up there I could see myself lounging up there (I'm not a sunbather).

I do wonder - since service comes from the Oceanview waiters, did you find it slower than poolside service (where I would normally find shade)? With those stairs, if service is slow and I felt the urge to go pick up a drink myself (it happens) I dunno if my lazy behind would keep doing those stairs! :p

No problem with service. The waiters were running the stairs continuously.

Here is another view from the terrace:

_MG_4228_zpszd8zq5fq.jpg

I forgot to mention. During the morning hours the screen displayed either the Celebrity logo or short videos. Everything from "wash your hands" cartoons to Park West documentaries. The volume was very low. So low that some people may not hear it even if they were sitting there.

_MG_4215_zps6ww3a9ka.jpg

_MG_4213_zpszgy2ry2n.jpg

_MG_4224_zpsn44ggi8x.jpg

So happy to hear that the noise is not an issue - we have #1138 for Alaska in May - our first Aqua cabin and I was a bit worried. I totally can see ourselves up there if it isn't too cold on our cruise.

Edited by Jane2357

Did they show maybe one movie an evening? same as you could view in the room? it does not look very large....did it get crowded? and if it was a chilly evening, could you get a blanket:)? But it looks like a pleasant venue with very comfortable seating!

Looks so nice but not happy being disabled and not able to climb all those steps.... not very good to have such a nice venue be non accessible. Listen up Celebrity.. hope you fix this issue soon...

Minimal "Issue". It was limited space, hardly used. Just added a bit to the area. Plenty of space on her to enjoy.

Just my thoughts, not mean, not cruel.

Did they show maybe one movie an evening? same as you could view in the room? it does not look very large....did it get crowded? and if it was a chilly evening, could you get a blanket:)? But it looks like a pleasant venue with very comfortable seating!

Broadcast times varied based on weather and sea days versus shore days. In general, on sea days movies were shown mid-afternoon and early evening. I don't know if the movies were simulcast in the cabins. The area is large. They didn't have all the furniture in place when I took the shots. It was not crowded the times I was there. I guess you could get a blanket from the pool area.

So happy to hear that the noise is not an issue - we have #1138 for Alaska in May - our first Aqua cabin and I was a bit worried. I totally can see ourselves up there if it isn't too cold on our cruise.

We visited with the passengers in cabin 1138 several times. They had no issue with noise from the Rooftop Terrace. They didn't know it was up there until we asked them about noise!

We visited with the passengers in cabin 1138 several times. They had no issue with noise from the Rooftop Terrace. They didn't know it was up there until we asked them about noise!

Good to hear. We have cabin 1138 on the Summit in May.

Laura

The rooftop terrace is looking real nice. We have booked a A1 cabin on Millie for Jan 2017. Anyone know when Millie is going in for the rooftop terrace upgrade?

during drydock in Esquimalt Apr 25th-11th May. If Infinity's experience is an indicator, the rooftop terrace will likely not be completely operational until 27th May, her first '' normal ''northbound to Seward ( the previous one is a special ''one off'' 8 days northbound leaving Vancouver 12th May...a definite ''post drydock '' cruise....:eek:).

Cheers

Good to hear. We have cabin 1138 on the Summit in May.

Laura

Which one in May ? 12th North ? 20th South ? 27th North ?.

IMO, and based on Infinity's experience, rooftop will not really be available to its fullest before 27th May...She floats out of drydock 11th May.

Cheers

My guess would be that is only a matter of time before they install some type of lift to make the rooftop terrace ADA compliant.

Also, so the waiters won't need to keep carrying drinks up and down the steep stairs, especially as they plan to offer some food up there, in addition to beverages.

If they anticipate much demand, they may even be planning to install some type of kitchen/bar setup.

But to get things started in the meantime, how about a discount arrangement with deck 11 passengers who agree to form a bucket hauling brigade? :D

On second thought, they would be more likely to offer it as a new physical fitness activity, charging us a fee to participate in a choreographed routine set to music, carrying trays up and down the stairs.

They could promote it as the latest innovative exercise craze, combining the benefits of Zumba, step aerobics, and weight lifting.. :cool:

I hope no Activities Director is reading this. ;)

Which one in May ? 12th North ? 20th South ? 27th North ?.

IMO, and based on Infinity's experience, rooftop will not really be available to its fullest before 27th May...She floats out of drydock 11th May.

Cheers

She better not say May 27th north as I have #1138 booked on that date!!!! :D

Edited by Jane2357

• 4 weeks later...