Canaletto Wines

In Toronto

Searched for the wine list for Canaletto and could not find ant current info.

Do they still have the Canaletto "house" wine?

Thanks.

Ellen

you can find the wine and drink list by googling: eurodam-canaletto-menus.

hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by kazu

Searched for the wine list for Canaletto and could not find ant current info.

Do they still have the Canaletto "house" wine?

Thanks.

Ellen

I can't remember what I had there in April, but it was a decent wine. I just wish the Canaletto would not serve white wine in those little tumblers.

Ah well. Different strokes. Many Europeans think Americans serve white wines TOO chilled.

http://www.winespectator.com/drvinny/show/id/42705

Personally I like wine tumblers. Less chance of spillage. I tend to be a clumsy diner. :o

Yup, me too. I can't imagine what possible difference it could make.

Edited by cruz chic

I don't care! It warms up white wine. Not good.

Drink faster! Actually, when you're dealing with stemless wine glasses, the key is to only touch the glass when you're picking it up to take a sip. Glass is a pretty good insulator, so as long as you don't hold the glass, you should be fine. You can also request a smaller pour if you have a bottle.

Drink faster! Actually, when you're dealing with stemless wine glasses, the key is to only touch the glass when you're picking it up to take a sip. Glass is a pretty good insulator, so as long as you don't hold the glass, you should be fine. You can also request a smaller pour if you have a bottle.

Well, I was not alone in my thinking - the cellarmaster on the Westerdam commented on this practice during our private wine tasting (for the sailaway gang) and I do think it is a valid point. Horrible way to serve white wine.

Well, I was not alone in my thinking - the cellarmaster on the Westerdam commented on this practice during our private wine tasting (for the sailaway gang) and I do think it is a valid point. Horrible way to serve white wine.

I didn’t say that you were the only one who thought that way. We have many wine glasses, none of which are stemless. I was merely making suggestions to help you deal with the situation. If they don't work for you, you can always ask for a regular wine glass, grab one at a bar, or take one from the room.

Just be glad HAL doesn't open a Greek Taverna. In order to be authentic, you'll get tiny juice glasses and Retsina. ;)

Canaletto wines are quite good, especially the Montepulicano D abruzzo and are only $25 a bottle.

SeaBands,

We agree with you 100%.

We actually enjoy Montepulicano D abruzzo!

Funny thing was after our 24 day trip on the Nieuw back in 2013 we traveled for a month and when we were in Sorrento for a week at the Hilton, up in the executive lounge they were serving it! I am sure it was not the same vineyard, but it was good with our food!

Denise:)

I can't imagine paying $25 for a 750 ml of Montepulciano - I get mine in a 3-liter box for ~$21

My first reaction was to call BS on this. But because I'm all about fairness, I decided to check to see if Montepulciano was available as a boxed wine.

It is.

I apologize for doubting you.

That said, I wouldn't buy a big old box of Montepulciano, but that's just me.

My first reaction was to call BS on this. But because I'm all about fairness, I decided to check to see if Montepulciano was available as a boxed wine.

It is.

I apologize for doubting you.

That said, I wouldn't buy a big old box of Montepulciano, but that's just me.

I wouldn't drink it exclusively, but it's nice to be able to draw a single glass now and again. It sits next to a box of Sangiovese di Chieti (also in Abruzzo), a Cotes du Rhone and a California north coast red (alternating Cabernet & Pinot Noir). In the "drinks fridge" are a Trebbiano from Abbruzo, a NZ Sauvignon blanc and an Australian Chardonnay (and sometimes a central coast Chardonnay).

I've tried using various devices to preserve a bottle after drawing a glass, with varying degrees of (mostly little) success. The boxes keep my glass full, my purse full and satisfy an urge which might otherwise lead me to indulge far too much.

You are most certainly not alone in your thinking . To me, part of the enjoyment of a glass of wine comes from holding it by the stem while I chat. It is just an unnatural practice to have to drink wine from what is essentially a juice glass.

I haven't been to the Caneletto for a few cruises but I do plan to try it on our next cruise. I will be taking my own wine glass to the Caneletto if that is the only way to have a proper glass.

I can't remember what I had there in April, but it was a decent wine. I just wish the Canaletto would not serve white wine in those little tumblers.

I dislike those tumblers, as well. I used to frequent a very nice Italian restaurant and wine was always served in those rustic glasses. While others liked them, they were too rustic for my taste.

>SNIP<

Personally I like wine tumblers. Less chance of spillage. I tend to be a clumsy diner. :o

I, too, am embarrassingly clumsy. Somehow, though, I never spill my wine :D

Just be glad HAL doesn't open a Greek Taverna. In order to be authentic, you'll get tiny juice glasses and Retsina. ;)

As a former resident of Athens (Ano Voula), a warm retsina, right from the keg, and served in a small glass cannot be underestimated for consumption with appetizers.

It's also rumored to be excellent for removing paint and clearing plumbing issues.

As a former resident of Athens (Ano Voula), a warm retsina, right from the keg, and served in a small glass cannot be underestimated for consumption with appetizers.

It's also rumored to be excellent for removing paint and clearing plumbing issues.

I tried Ouzo----once. Paint thinner would have been preferable.