Half day tour in Barcelona

Auburnbabe

My husband and I are on the Riviera cruise that ends in Barcelona on August 22 and are interested in a half day tour that picks you up at the dock and returns you to your hotel at end or tour. Does anyone want to join us and would love to hear from others who have done this. It's our fist trip to Barcelona.:cool:

Used Barcelona Day Tours for both a half day touring around Barcelona and then for a full day going out into the countryside. They picked us up from the airport so I can't comment on whether they will pick you up at the dock. But did deliver us to our hotel.

My husband and I are on the Riviera cruise that ends in Barcelona on August 22 and are interested in a half day tour that picks you up at the dock and returns you to your hotel at end or tour. Does anyone want to join us and would love to hear from others who have done this. It's our fist trip to Barcelona.:cool:

You should post this in your ROLL CALL

This is where you will find others on the same sailing as you are

Under the roll call for Riviera scroll down to find your sailing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=714

May I suggest a full day tour at the minimum.

Barcelona is such a great city with so much to see and do that a half day tour would only scratch the surface.

As you are disembarking in Barcelona, you obviously will not be dealing with jetlag - thus no excuse not to do a full day tour, IMO :)

+1 Paul ... there is so much to see in Barcelona that a half-day tour barely begins to show you the city. To the OP, since you have a hotel, are you staying longer? Then it might not matter ... do a half day tour when leaving the ship and then do other things for the rest of your time.

We usually spend 3 days there pre- or post-cruise. Still finding things to see!

Mura

A couple of years ago, we stayed in a tourist apartment for 6 weeks in Barcelona and were never ever bored. Such a terrific city! If you want to tour on the cheap, use the hop-on, hop-off bus (2 competing companies in Barcelona), which go to all the major sites in town and provide a great overview.

Used Spain Day tours. Small group half day tour. 14 in the group. Tour guide and driver picked us up at the dock in Barcelona. Our guide, Laura, was excellent. Each person had a window seat. At the end of the tour, we returned to our ship. Some guests were disembarking in Barcelona. They brought their luggage with them on the tour. Luggage was stored on the van during the tour. After the tour, those guests were driven to hotels.

Used Spain Day Tours a couple of years ago for disembarkation tour and worked out well. Posted on our roll call and not enough people for us to get the tour free but, others from our cruise booked as well and surprise, we got our payment reimbursed when we got home. Did Montserrat on our own the next day and was really easy via the trian. Next day did another Spai Day Tour on our own out to the countryside and it was wonderful as well. Can't recommend them enough and see no reason not to take the refund. Others paid no more than if we hadn't gotten the refund and it did take some work doing the marketing for the tour company.

Hello! We will be on your cruise and are staying a bit in Barcelona. I just requested a 1/2 day tour of Barcelona from the Barcelona Day Tour people, as well as a 5 hour trip the next day up to Montserrat. I told them I specifically wanted to see certain things, such as the Sagrada Familia, with a guide, and the Art Museum, Basilica, and Monastery with a guide as well. Hopefully, it will be a good company. They did seem very interested in our priorities, but I hope the guides are seriously doing some guiding and not just giving us free time to wander...for that, we could have done it on our own! Thanks for all of your commentary above; this has been a very difficult cruise to arrange from the point of view of stops and finding private excursions. We don't cruise a lot, and have done Regent before.

All excursions are included and were great; I have a bit of trepidation about this Oceania cruise. We booked about 4 Oceania excursions and a few private guides, depending on the stop.