Cruise Critic Post Time Stamp

hpeabody

I recently noticed that the time stamp on posts is an hour behind my local time. I do NOT know how long it has been this way, I never paid much attention to it. I just looked at my user CP and I see that the correct local time zone (Pacific) is revealed/selected, yet posts are 1 hour behind Not that it is a big deal and I have never noticed this subject being posted before. Do posts show your correct local time? Current time is 8:37 AM PDT

It has probably been since Daylight time started. The clock shows GMT +/- some number of hours depending on what time zone you selected. GMT does not adjust for daylight savings time (which means that right now London is not on GMT, they're on British Standard which is an hour different).

So if you want time stamps to register accurately, you may have to change your Options in your control panel. FWIW, I didn't adjust my clock and it shows correctly...but maybe that means I first set my clock under Daylight time and it's wrong all winter. Since everyone can register whatever time zone they want, it is all just a relative number.

I recently noticed that the time stamp on posts is an hour behind my local time. I do NOT know how long it has been this way, I never paid much attention to it. I just looked at my user CP and I see that the correct local time zone (Pacific) is revealed/selected, yet posts are 1 hour behind Not that it is a big deal and I have never noticed this subject being posted before. Do posts show your correct local time? Current time is 8:37 AM PDT[/quote]

I see the time stamp for your post as 8:37 AM, so the correct time for your post. I am in the same time zone as you. I don't know why you see an incorrect time on your own posts.

Edited to add that when I posted this, I looked at the time stamp, and it was correct for the time I posted it in my time zone.

I recently noticed that the time stamp on posts is an hour behind my local time. I do NOT know how long it has been this way, I never paid much attention to it. I just looked at my user CP and I see that the correct local time zone (Pacific) is revealed/selected, yet posts are 1 hour behind Not that it is a big deal and I have never noticed this subject being posted before. Do posts show your correct local time? Current time is 8:37 AM PDT

Your 8:37 post showed up as being made at 11:37 when I look at it.

Currently (during DST) times show up one hour later than my time in the Central time zone. This post is being made at approximately 2:15 and will show up for me as being at 3:15.

During non-DST times the difference is two hours for me.

You are ALL CORRECT. If you log on, it shows all posts with a time stamp which is correct for YOUR TIME zone, but does not correct for DST, (There is an option to automatically adjust for DST, but it doesn't seem to work), so I see the original post as having been made at being made at 3.37pm.

I am currently in France and posted this at 6.29pm, when it was 5.29pm in the UK, but I am seeing a time stamp of 4.29pm as France is one hour ahead of the UK and both the UK and France are on DST.

If I do not log on when I visit the site, all posts are showing with a US time zone stamp, but I can't remember which zone.

Personally, it doesn't worry me, as I am more interested in the time difference between posts, but if it worries anyone, as others have said, they can fix it in EDIT OPTIONS in the USER CONTROL PANEL, but you will need to change it twice a year!

Edited by Corfe Mixture

The "new" format here on Cruise Critic doesn't automatically update time settings (regardless of the fact the option is available).

I found I had to set my "Date & Time Options" to "DST correction always on" for the time stamp to be correct.

Yes, Holly I've noticed this too. Ever since Daylight Savings Time took effect, the time I see is an hour off most of the time. Right now it's correct. Yesterday it shows I posted when I wasn't even online.

I will check settings like someone suggested.