Anthem in the summer/Caribbean--do the Solarium and Indoor Pool Area get really hot?

It seems like both areas are totally enclosed. Does it get stuffy or hot in there when it's hot outside? Can you sort of "lay out" in there like you would in the open Solariums or is it better to go to the open upper decks?

Hadn't really thought about the Solarium being enclosed in the summer in the Caribbean!

Thanks!

It seems like both areas are totally enclosed. Does it get stuffy or hot in there when it's hot outside? Can you sort of "lay out" in there like you would in the open Solariums or is it better to go to the open upper decks?

Hadn't really thought about the Solarium being enclosed in the summer in the Caribbean!

Thanks!

Went on a 5 day Bermuda in July and it was extremely warm in the Solarium and indoor pool. The opened the indoor pool roof once during the five day trip.

• 3 months later...
We sailed to Bermuda in September and Solarium was warm but I always think it is warm in any ship's Solarium.

The indoor family pool actually has a retractable roof which they do open once they get to warmer climates.

I am considering booking Anthem for next spring. To understand, the family pool's roof retracts, but not the Solarium, correct? It doesn't appear that it could from the photos I've seen. I love all aspects of the ship from the photos I've seen but this is one thing that I will have to consider since the majority of my time will be spent in the solarium. Having been on Oasis and Harmony with the glass and open air features, I would miss that, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

I am considering booking Anthem for next spring. To understand, the family pool's roof retracts, but not the Solarium, correct? It doesn't appear that it could from the photos I've seen. I love all aspects of the ship from the photos I've seen but this is one thing that I will have to consider since the majority of my time will be spent in the solarium. Having been on Oasis and Harmony with the glass and open air features, I would miss that, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

You are correct, the Solarium roof does not open but the family/indoor pool does. That being said, on our 9-night Anthem cruise in July the indoor pool roof was never opened, and both areas were very hot & humid by early afternoon.

Solarium roof does not open. The indoor family pool roof can be opened, they just don't open it often for some reason.

I may wait and sail on Anthem for a NE/Canada itinerary where I would spend more time in ports, less on the ship. Sorta bummed about that, I was getting excited for Anthem, the ship looks amazing!

We were on Anthem end of May/early June and I must say I loved the solarium! It felt like a normal indoor pool, like at my gym is. It may be a little bit warmer but it wasn't overbearing, they have A/C that runs into the room that prevents it from getting super hot. You can see the vents all throughout the top.

One of the main reasons I will sail on Anthem again is because of the solarium, definitely a nice touch! I wish every ship had one just like hers!

We were on Anthem end of May/early June and I must say I loved the solarium! It felt like a normal indoor pool, like at my gym is. It may be a little bit warmer but it wasn't overbearing, they have A/C that runs into the room that prevents it from getting super hot. You can see the vents all throughout the top.

One of the main reasons I will sail on Anthem again is because of the solarium, definitely a nice touch! I wish every ship had one just like hers!

Agree with you 100% on all points. It'll be hard to go back to a ship without all that great indoor space. I burn easily so it was like a haven for me to stay protected from the sun. They opened the roof several times on my 12 day cruise, as well as the windows in the Solarium. It's nice both closed and opened.