Chops on Enchantment

There have been quite a few threads trashing Chops, so I thought I'd post a counter to all that. We did Chops on Sunday evening on Enchantment, and it was probably the best, most professionally prepared and presented dining experience we've had in the past 10 years. DW has a few dietary issues (not-so-nice interactions between some ingredients like soy and peanuts and her meds), and the Maitre D' went over every item on the menu to make sure that everything she ordered was OK ingredient-wise, and had the chef tweak her appetizers to eliminate ingredients she couldn't have.

There have been quite a few threads trashing Chops, so I thought I'd post a counter to all that. We did Chops on Sunday evening on Enchantment, and it was probably the best, most professionally prepared and presented dining experience we've had in the past 10 years. DW has a few dietary issues (not-so-nice interactions between some ingredients like soy and peanuts and her meds), and the Maitre D' went over every item on the menu to make sure that everything she ordered was OK ingredient-wise, and had the chef tweak her appetizers to eliminate ingredients she couldn't have.

So glad you had a great experience. We were so looking forward to Chops on FOS last year and it did not "wow" us. (The ill-fated Portofino's did - TWO nights in a row.) We will probably give it another try in October. So I hope to hear more "GOOD" stories before then.

There have been quite a few threads trashing Chops, so I thought I'd post a counter to all that. We did Chops on Sunday evening on Enchantment, and it was probably the best, most professionally prepared and presented dining experience we've had in the past 10 years.

Chops on Enchantment is the best in the RCI fleet!

So glad you had a great experience. We were so looking forward to Chops on FOS last year and it did not "wow" us. (The ill-fated Portofino's did - TWO nights in a row.)

You will find that Giovanni's Table on Freedom is every bit as good as Portofinos was, maybe better!

We did not care for Chops on Freedom either.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify!

You will find that Giovanni's Table on Freedom is every bit as good as Portofinos was, maybe better! We did not care for Chops on Freedom either.

Agreed, we like Giovanni's better than we did Portofino's, and it has a better steak than Chops, so if we have a choice, Giovanni's it is.

Dinner at chops is always something we look forward to. However we won't be going to Chops on our Oasis cruise because it is too expensive compared to the other ships. (i.e. For the CDN $50 p.p it would cost we can have a nice steakhouse dinner on land).

Is there any reason Chops is more expensive on Oasis class ships, other than "because they can"?

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Enchantment back in January and my now-fiancé and I dined at Chops on the last night of the trip. It was wonderful, delicious, romantic, and we left INCREDIBLY full. My steak wasn't as cooked as I wanted and I had no problem getting it microwaved a little more to my satisfaction. The waiter was very accommodating and kind, and the entire experience was very positive. I don't like the price for it, but that's just because I like to save my money lol. I'd have no problem recommending it to anyone, so I'm glad to hear some good reviews!

Chops on Enchantment is the best in the RCI fleet!

eye of the beholder. for us, EN was the WORST experience, food and service wise, of any Chops we have eaten at. GR was an order of magnitude better.

that being said over all it's an okay experience. Portofino/Giovanni has always delivered for us..and I am NOT a fan of Italian unless my grandmother spent all day slaving away in the kitchen.

I am quite looking forward to it in November.

I was on the Enchantment back in January and my now-fiancé and I dined at Chops on the last night of the trip. It was wonderful, delicious, romantic, and we left INCREDIBLY full. My steak wasn't as cooked as I wanted and I had no problem getting it microwaved a little more to my satisfaction. The waiter was very accommodating and kind, and the entire experience was very positive. I don't like the price for it, but that's just because I like to save my money lol. I'd have no problem recommending it to anyone, so I'm glad to hear some good reviews!

Are you implying that this is quality dining-- "my steak isn't done properly-- please microwave it so it can get done more?"

If a restaurant on land did that, I'm not accepting that. On a ship, I absolutely would not accept that, either. That's how I would reheat it the next day at home (maybe), not how I expect to get it in a restaurant.

• 5 weeks later...
Are you implying that this is quality dining-- "my steak isn't done properly-- please microwave it so it can get done more?"

If a restaurant on land did that, I'm not accepting that. On a ship, I absolutely would not accept that, either. That's how I would reheat it the next day at home (maybe), not how I expect to get it in a restaurant.

I am not a big steak eater, and am really picky on how I like my steak cooked. I ordered it medium and it came pinker than I would like, but that's only because I've ordered medium well and sometimes have gotten it too dark. So yes, I do 100% accept that I made an error in ordering and they were more than willing to fix it. I think there's nothing wrong with this "quality of dining" that I was given.

Edited by morninsun86

My wife and her friends ate at chops on Enchantment and had a awesome time. Our waiter V was awesome i wish he could have been our waiter the whole trip. We never had to ask for anything he was on point and got a large tip on top of the cost for his great service.

• 3 weeks later...

We had dinner in CHOPS twice on our September 18th Enchantment cruise. We've eaten at CHOPS on several ships, with varied experiences. The CHOPS on the Enchantment is now one of our favorites. We enjoyed our meals both nights, and were well taken care of by Clinton and Brian. We're sailing the Enchantment again in December and are looking forward to eating there again!