Bucket of Beer

knittinggirl

How does the bucket of beer work?

Do we have to use them all at once, or can we buy a bucket and use them one at a time? Are we limited to the place we bought them, or can we get them in different venues?

We got a bucket of beer on Princess for the room.

You can pre order it online and it will be waiting for you in your cabin.

It will not be chilled but I just take some of the items out of the bar fridge and store them on the shelf above to make room for a few beer.

It is the kind of bottle that requires an opener so be sure you have one handy.

Edited by sapper1

Buckets ordered at any bar are cold and it's 5 for the price of 4, with gratuity it's around $23. If you order through Room Service I believe it's 6 beers, not sure of the price but they are also cold. Room Service is the better deal if I remember correctly.

If you are 4 or 5* tell your cabin steward to stock the mini fridge with your choice and you pay the mariner rate, in our case we would only pay 50% of the mini bar price, definitely the best deal.

Good luck

Buckets ordered at any bar are cold and it's 5 for the price of 4, with gratuity it's around $23. If you order through Room Service I believe it's 6 beers, not sure of the price but they are also cold. Room Service is the better deal if I remember correctly.

If you are 4 or 5* tell your cabin steward to stock the mini fridge with your choice and you pay the mariner rate, in our case we would only pay 50% of the mini bar price, definitely the best deal.

Good luck

What if your room doesn't have a minibar? Can you still get the four star discount?

I am not aware of any Staterooms in Hal that does not have a mini bar? If inside and oceanview do not then the bucket is an option or I think you can request a mini fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are hundreds of HAL staterooms that don't have a minibar/refrig....zaandam, maasdam, volendam,ryandam inside and ocean view don't have....yes i know you can rent a refrigerator but does that then qualify as a minibar? i don't think so but just not totally sure...

does anyone know for sure?

They don't offer Dos Equis in the pre-orders. Can we ask them to swap it once we board?

Just head to the nearest bar and order a bucket, unopened. It's less expensive, and it will be cold.

Just checked the price for a bucket delivered to your stateroom a couple of days ago. It has gone up. Used to be $27-$28. Now it has gone up to $36. That is $36 for a 6 pack of beer! No thanks!

And you paid how much to get on the ship? ;) Will you be drinking water all the time you are onboard? :confused:

How does the bucket of beer work?

Do we have to use them all at once, or can we buy a bucket and use them one at a time? Are we limited to the place we bought them, or can we get them in different venues?

We got a bucket of beer on Princess for the room.

If you do not have the SBP you could save by purchasing the required amount of beer at Happy Hour where the second cost $1.00. I have done this with beer and with soda, you are not limited to just 2 cans as I have purchased a total of 12 soda's and usually get 6 beers.

Just a thot.

Just checked the price for a bucket delivered to your stateroom a couple of days ago. It has gone up. Used to be $27-$28. Now it has gone up to $36. That is $36 for a 6 pack of beer! No thanks!

Current prices for buckets of beer are: $30 foreign and $32.50 for domestic.

If you do not have the SBP you could save by purchasing the required amount of beer at Happy Hour where the second cost $1.00. I have done this with beer and with soda, you are not limited to just 2 cans as I have purchased a total of 12 soda's and usually get 6 beers.

Just a thot.

Does this happy hour special also apply to the specialty coffee? Can we get drinks & bring them into the dining room? Seen people do that on other cruise lines.

Does this happy hour special also apply to the specialty coffee? Can we get drinks & bring them into the dining room? Seen people do that on other cruise lines.

It would apply to coffee drinks at the bar having the Happy Hour, but the Explorations Cafe - the coffee bar - doesn't have a Happy Hour.

Yes, you can carry a drink to the dining room.

I think that you have it reversed. ;)

After further review, my prices, according to the HAL website, stand as posted: domestic beer $32.50 and $30.00 foreign beers (Heineken, Amstel, and Corona).

Surprisingly, HAL pricing reflects the strength of the US dollar to foreign currencies.

Edited by Crew News