Ultimate Balcony Dinner vs Regular Room Service

Nashna

I thought only one photo was included and additional ones would need to be purchased.

You are no doubt correct, that is what I thought too. On the ship, my wife picked up the photos, five of them, and he said they were free since they were late getting there. Probably what he meant was all are free, four due their error.

If you sail in a full suite on Princess, you can have anything from the MDR menu delivered to your room every night for a balcony dinner. You can order from the full breakfast and lunch menus for room service deliveries. But it is delivered at one time on covered plates - they don't serve it to you like the UBD.

My favorite perk in the suites:Dbesides free same day laundry

If you sail in a full suite on Princess, you can have anything from the MDR menu delivered to your room every night for a balcony dinner. You can order from the full breakfast and lunch menus for room service deliveries. But it is delivered at one time on covered plates - they don't serve it to you like the UBD.

They will also deliver food for quests as well. We had an MDR dinner on the suite balcony at night in Bonaire with two friends a while back. Ordered a whole bunch of food and drinks.

It was all delivered at once, but no big deal.

I served. Had a great time. (But I didn't get a tip!!!!)

Does anyone know if you can have UBD on the last night of the cruise?

Based on our experience last year in the Caribbean, on CB, no. They limit the UBD to 4 per night and not the last night. At least on our cruise. Not sure if this is across the fleet. We wanted ours on the last night but they said no. that was the only time they said no to anything we requested :D

It was great, as others have said. I would do it again if we sail Princess. Really a very nice evening , and you can make it as formal or casual as you want. We wore nice shirts/tops and shorts, and the picture they took was only the top of us, worked great!!

ML

Based on our experience last year in the Caribbean, on CB, no. They limit the UBD to 4 per night and not the last night. At least on our cruise. Not sure if this is across the fleet. We wanted ours on the last night but they said no. that was the only time they said no to anything we requested :D

It was great, as others have said. I would do it again if we sail Princess. Really a very nice evening , and you can make it as formal or casual as you want. We wore nice shirts/tops and shorts, and the picture they took was only the top of us, worked great!!

ML

Thank you!

Based on the rave reviews of UBD, I have booked and paid for the dinner, indicating the night the Regal is in port until 10:00pm. Should I reconfirm this when we board the ship? I am surprised that only four are allowed per evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on the rave reviews of UBD, I have booked and paid for the dinner, indicating the night the Regal is in port until 10:00pm. Should I reconfirm this when we board the ship? I am surprised that only four are allowed per evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reconfirm everything once boarding the ship. Think of the website as corporate and each ship as a subsidiary. Sometimes they don't get the memo...

• 5 months later...

Just another little note, you will receive a cocktail and a split of champagne, you can substitute a bottle of wine for the split. We did that and didn't finish it and were able to take it to dinner with us the next night.

i really wish i was traveling in warmer weather. just booked the october canada cruise on regal. i guess unless we have unseasonable highs it will be inside my mini. but at least from all accounts it will be better than the crown celebration i had planned, and definitely more unique :)

i really wish i was traveling in warmer weather. just booked the october canada cruise on regal. i guess unless we have unseasonable highs it will be inside my mini. but at least from all accounts it will be better than the crown celebration i had planned, and definitely more unique :)

We did it inside a mini with 4 people and there was plenty of room. It is better than the Crown, especially if you like to talk to the staff, they're all yours for a couple of hours! its a lot of fun!