Liberty sailing early today??

Just got off Liberty this morning with an early arrival due to the fog situation. It's relatively clear right now, but is supposed to turn bad again. A customs agent said that the next sailing has a two hour window to get out and she will be leaving early today. Other than that disembarkation was not terrible and everything seems to be running smooth at the terminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well that should be really interesting when passenger show up at the terminal only to find there is no ship there.

I wonder how many are flying in the day of thinking that a flight landing 3 hours before departure time is plenty of time.

Will Royal be flying all these people to the first port?

The weather was not horrible by any means, but it could have been nicer. Galveston was a balmy 29 degrees the morning we boarded, and the first sea day was very chilly. After that it warmed up and the rest of week was in the 70's- low 80's. As far as sea conditions.... it was rough the first few days. Most of the ship seemed to do ok, but there were a few people that started looking a little green.. they also had to close the pools on the second sea day and reschedule the belly flop contest due to the conditions. Other than a few minor problems it was a great cruise and the crew was fantastic.

Not sure how the CBP agent would know what the weather window would be tonight. The cruise ships are granted a two hour window in the normal Houston/Galveston traffic scheme, but can and do leave at any time if needed outside that window, traffic allowing. They just are not priority outside the window. There doesn't seem to be too much traffic pressure today, even with the fog yesterday, so I don't see much problem with traffic, weather permitting. The forecast I see, doesn't show fog tonight, but with 90+% humidity it's always a possibility.

I don't believe Liberty will be leaving early, given that there are three ships in Galveston today utilizing the labor and facilities of two cruise berths. They certainly would not leave early unless all passengers were onboard.

I hope you don't mind a few questions. How/who was the cruise director? Did they offer the drink punch card at all during the cruise, usually day 3 or 4?

The cruise director was Jeff Arpin. I believe he boarded the same day we did (Jan 8.) He was pretty good. I did see the lunch card but it was on the last sea day.. Not sure when they started offering it. We had purchased the drink package so I guess we weren't paying much attention.

I'm hearing from someone in the crew, that the plan is for the LOS to leave Galveston at its regular time today.

That's good to hear... I was just passing along the information that we heard.

I have quite a few friends boarding her today and I myself will be boarding next week. Will be my 6th cruise out of Galveston in Jan/Feb and only one has been affected by the frequent fog. I can't imagine them leaving significantly early unless all passengers are on board. I would think that would cause a major problem refunding cruisers who were left on the dock. We did leave ahead of schedule on my cruise last year, but all passengers, luggage and supplies were on board.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

You might see the "King Aurther" roast beef sandwich in Cafe Promenade.

While that King Arthur is not a bad sandwich, it's not hot and the beef is not as tender as the what's in the Kummelweck.