Civitavecchia to FCO transfer

jkadventures

Anyone know what AZ charges for post-cruise transfers? Trying to determine our best option. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Sorry not sure what Azamara charge, but we have just returned from Rome on a Celebrity cruise, they were charging $75 dollars each, we arranged a shared minibus for 8 people and it was a maximum of €50 euros per couple, it was very easy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you do not want to sort out your own group for a shuttle, we used Bob several times, really good and reliable.

http://www.romelimousines.com/shuttle-services/civitavecchia/

As you can see it is less than the ship for us what was more important as our flight was not until the afternoon, we were able to get a 0930 shuttle which Azamara did not offer

In September they were charging $75 per person for a bus transfer and only for flights after 1.00 pm (talk about price gouging :rolleyes:)

We booked a private transfer with Romeshuttle limousine for 110 euros.

Thanks for the responses- looks like private arrangements are the way to go. For those that have done this, suggested pickup time for an 1130 am flight to US? Thanks again.

Any of the experienced companies will give you good advice on this.

Our favourite is RomeCabs, but others enjoy great reputations as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses- looks like private arrangements are the way to go. For those that have done this, suggested pickup time for an 1130 am flight to US? Thanks again.

We had an 11.30 am flight on 5th November we had a pickup at 8am with 6 others, we were at the airport in less than an hour, but this was Saturday am. We had checked in online on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had an 11:15 flight...used Rome in Limo from Cita and found 3 others to share thru our Roll Call, so very reasonable. Did walk-off, about 6:45 as I remember, as it was a weekday and traffic is heavy.

Our airline was doing extra searches of hand luggage, so we were glad we left so early, as getting thru security and then out to plane on tarmac took a while as well. Our plane was not at a gate...had to take a shuttle out to it and walk up the stairs to the plane with our hand luggage.

Had an 11:15 flight...used Rome in Limo from Cita and found 3 others to share thru our Roll Call, so very reasonable. Did walk-off, about 6:45 as I remember, as it was a weekday and traffic is heavy.

Our airline was doing extra searches of hand luggage, so we were glad we left so early, as getting thru security and then out to plane on tarmac took a while as well. Our plane was not at a gate...had to take a shuttle out to it and walk up the stairs to the plane with our hand luggage.

I would go with this timing, Rome Airport is also going through some construction work following a fire last year and also the border exit checks can be slow. I would be thinking of a 0645 walk off for 1130. Just gives you contingency especially if the airline wants you there three hours ahead as they sometimes can if you are flying to the US. (I think this is because of additional checked in baggage checking for USA)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you do not want to sort out your own group for a shuttle, we used Bob several times, really good and reliable.

http://www.romelimousines.com/shuttle-services/civitavecchia/

As you can see it is less than the ship for us what was more important as our flight was not until the afternoon, we were able to get a 0930 shuttle which Azamara did not offer

We concur. Have used Bob's Limos numerous times. Very reliable, excellent cars and drivers.

Cheers!

Cynthia

We usually take the train from Civitavecchia to Rome - cruise lines usually shuttle to right outside the pier and train station is an easy walk from there (some shuttles will take you right to the train station).

Its a nice walk in good weather. Just be advised that the train to Rome/FCO is usually on an inside track which requires carrying luggage down and then up a flight of stairs to reach the platform via the underpass.