Hen party hell

SeaSickGill

We would never go on a weekender because of this

P&O will never stop their shenanigans because these people are their bread and butter. Think of their bar bills!

Its Hen Party Hell short cruises that keep our longer cruise prices reasonable, dont you think

We could definitely out drink and out spend what they do! However we have standards and know how to behave.

I agree they make a lot of money but a lot of land based holiday companies do not allow these sort of same sex gatherings anymore....perhaps p&o should follow suit...it does give the company a bad name and reputation

What's wrong with that? I take mine everywhere :-)

Oooh now I have the vision of you walking down your High Street with a 5ft thingy slung over your shoulder.

I won't be able to get that image out of my head now!!!! :):rolleyes::)

Seriously though.. I don't think I would enjoy that either... and definitely not in the MDR.

Edited by indiana123

Too a point it's harmless fun but there must be at least 10 hen parties on. As for the bar bills being high, I doubt it as they seem to have permanent litre bottles of vodka in there hands, and as for the running up and down the corridors at 3.30am! Just thought p and o were better than that. Definitely a third and final p and o cruise. 'For people who don't do cruises!'

Too a point it's harmless fun but there must be at least 10 hen parties on. As for the bar bills being high, I doubt it as they seem to have permanent litre bottles of vodka in there hands, and as for the running up and down the corridors at 3.30am! Just thought p and o were better than that. Definitely a third and final p and o cruise. 'For people who don't do cruises!'

I kind of agree with you. We have been on 2 day cruises, but everyone seemed to behave themselves .

If this I'd the way things are going I am sure the crew don't like it any more than the rest of us.

You will find that a lot of people will cease to book these cruises if the hen parties take over.

Did they purchase these bottles of vodka from the bars. If they took them onboard with them they should most certainly have them taken off them.

Why should a minorities behaviour screw it up for the rest of us.

I would most certainly complain onboard and also when I got back to David single, asking if this is the sort of reputation he would like these cruises to get.

Sounds like harmless fun. Better than being on a floating nursing home full of coffin dodgers who queue jump and rush into lifts before those inside can get out!

Have to say that on our Oceana cruise just a few weeks ago we saw an old married couple complete with zimmer frames coming back from a day's excursion. I found it really touching as they helped one another through security. I hope that we will be like them in our twilight years.

Why is being old becoming something that we can criticise on Cruise Critic..... we'll all get there one day, God willing.

Having now lost both our parents and enjoyed the company of the elderly in their nursing homes (and remember just how special those times and people can be) can we avoid the terms 'coffin dodgers' and 'floating nursing home'. I find it offensive for them.

There may be some elderly passengers on some of the cruises but I would prefer their company any day compared to a load of younger drunken passengers on a hen do.

I do accept that some elderly people can we awkward - but so can people of all generations.

Have to say that on our Oceana cruise just a few weeks ago we saw an old married couple complete with zimmer frames coming back from a day's excursion. I found it really touching as they helped one another through security. I hope that we will be like them in our twilight years.

Why is being old becoming something that we can criticise on Cruise Critic..... we'll all get there one day, God willing.

Having now lost both our parents and enjoyed the company of the elderly in their nursing homes (and remember just how special those times and people can be) can we avoid the terms 'coffin dodgers' and 'floating nursing home'. I find it offensive for them.

There may be some elderly passengers on some of the cruises but I would prefer their company any day compared to a load of younger drunken passengers on a hen do.

I do accept that some elderly people can we awkward - but so can people of all generations.

Hear hear

There is nothing much fun about a bunch of squarking drunk females. They are never a pretty sight.

I think it always comes down to the sort of reputation you wish your brand to have.

Bunches of drunk females equates to downmarket.

They may spend money in the short term, but in the longer term the downmarket reputation will do a lot lot more damage.

They spend money now, and in two years time they came back with their families for a 14 day cruise and in 50 years they will still be there as customers.

Or, you cut off the younger generation now and only have 50+ on the ships.

P&O have set their sights on the 18-45 market leaving Cunard to deal with the more traditional.

I've not yet heard a young person complain about P&O evolving, only the more mature cruisers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They spend money now, and in two years time they came back with their families for a 14 day cruise and in 50 years they will still be there as customers.

Or, you cut off the younger generation now and only have 50+ on the ships.

P&O have set their sights on the 18-45 market leaving Cunard to deal with the more traditional.

I've not yet heard a young person complain about P&O evolving, only the more mature cruisers!

When we have a break we like to book a good 3 / 4 star hotel --- one of them is in Blackpool, so we don't consider ourselves 'posh' before anyone says anything. What I don't want is to be in middle of a hen do / stag party with a load of drunken passengers cheapening the 'hotel' I have chosen for my holiday.

P&O and a hen do shouldn't go together --- just cheapens the name. Not sure how it fits in with the photos in their brochure either ??!!!

Finally, I would like to think that we are pretty easy going. We started life on the Ocean Village if that gives you some idea of where we 'came from'. Have no idea what P&O are thinking of -

Ironically we have been thinking of a 2 day cruise on Azura followed by a 13 day one. There is no chance that we would risk a 'booze cruise' before our holiday as others have called them. Prefer to stay at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights before the cruise ------

PS As someone in that 50 bracket I think I have to add that 50 is the new 40 -------- we may have hit the 50 bracket but we certainly don't see ourselves as being old.

Age isn't a number it is a state of mind !!!!

Well said Presto! (speaking as a just 50 yr old!)

Well said presto2. I've just turned 60 which seemed so old and past-it when I was 30 but now I've reached that age I've got more energy and joie de vivre than I had at that age. We have some very good friends with whom we've cruised a few times and one friend if 83 and the partner 79. Age is just a number because these people could give many people half their age a run for their money in staying up late / being good company - they're great fun to be around.

I'm also a bit concerned having read this post as we're doing a short cruise on Ventura shortly and I dread this scenario. I can only hope they don't like mid-week breaks s much.

Edited by tartanexile81

Well said presto2. I've just turned 60 which seemed so old and past-it when I was 30 but now I've reached that age I've got more energy and joie de vivre than I had at that age. We have some very good friends with whom we've cruised a few times and one friend if 83 and the partner 79. Age is just a number because these people could give many people half their age a run for their money in staying up late / being good company - they're great fun to be around.

I'm also a bit concerned having read this post as we're doing a short cruise on Ventura shortly and I dread this scenario. I can only hope they don't like mid-week breaks s much.

The hen parties we have come across have been mostly the 2 nights and at weekends. He have done a few 4 nights too which only had one hen party on each but as I said before we have never had any problems with them on any cruise.:cool:

Edited by wilson2579
spelling

Well said Presto! (speaking as a just 50 yr old!)

Same here - just in the 50s ----- do I feel any different than I did when I was 20 , 30 , 40 ---no. I would have hated the hen do with a passion then too !

Same here - just in the 50s ----- do I feel any different than I did when I was 20 , 30 , 40 ---no. I would have hated the hen do with a passion then too !

Me too probably!

I have done a 4 nighter with no problems I should add for those worried - I would never consider a 2 nighter...

The hen parties we have come across have been mostly the 2 nights and at weekends. He have done a few 4 nights too which only had one hen party on each but as I said before we have never had any problems with them on any cruise.:cool:

Hi, the 2 day Azura one is a weekend in August ---- best to avoid me thinks!

Thinking about it, if there was a venue for the hen parties perhaps that wouldn't be too bad. In Blackpool we have noticed that the hen parties all seem to be in the same part of a hotel etc and no one else is bothered.

Just a thought, not wanting to appear a kill joy / oap 50 yr old ;)

you're allowed to bring a blow up willy into the dining room!

most are loud, chavvy and common...

what can i say.

dont like the chav and common references, as we all cannot really judge each other.

as for the blow up willy thingy.

Are they supplied by P&O or does one bring their own ?

just asking.

your best bud

P&O might make more money on the bar but thy also risk damaging their reputation. There are many people who have never cruised before and probably think that trying a 2 night break is a good way to see if they like it. If they end up with this sort experience will they go on to book a 14 night trip or will they presume this is how cruising is and decide it is not for them?

what can i say.

dont like the chav and common references, as we all cannot really judge each other.

as for the blow up willy thingy.

Are they supplied by P&O or does one bring their own ?

just asking.

your best bud

I agree with you Laura. It is unfair to say people are chavvy and common without knowing them. The hen nights we have seen have been with extended families ranging from late teens to grandparents. Good on them as it is a good excuse to get away together and enjoy a girlie break somewhere safe. I am secretly hoping that if or when my daughter decides to tie the knot that she would like to do this.:)