When are additional incentives added?

KT Freeman

We are considering the March 3, 2016 Mayan Mystique cruise which currently only offers free internet, and no pre-paid gratuities or shipboard credit. It's not a deal breaker if these incentives aren't added, but I'm wondering if anyone can guess if/when Oceania will add gratuities and shipboard credit. We're worried that our desired cabin will be gone if we wait to book, but if we book now and these incentives are added later, we'll miss. I know it's a crapshoot, but thought I would ask.

Incentives, if and when offered, can be added to an existing booking at no additional fee prior to final payment.

You should book now and choose the cabin you want.

I agree Paulcili, but doesn't there have to be availability in the cabin category you've booked in order to qualify for those additional incentives?

If you really want to do that cruise at that time book it now if you are flexible wait

If you want one of the top suites you may want to book soon

There is no time frame for Oceania & their incentives anymore

JMO

A TA who is a major factor in Oceania's bookings can get and give benefits not otherwise available. Shop around.

That is probably illegal.

One should be able to get whatever has been offered to any other consumer.

Edited by computerworks

Have to go along with the advice posted to book now if you want a certain category!

We are brand-new to Oceania but experiences cruisers on Cunard and HAL, and have booked as far as a year out if the itinerary was unusual. By fluke, we just noticed the Insignia repositioning cruise from Malta to Miami on 9/12/16...it appealed to us as we'd have an opportunity to spend a week in Malta first. Mentioned it to our TA casually and asked about the Vista Suites...thinking at 14 months away we had plenty of time to consider other options. She called back immediately that there was only 1 Vista Suite left and advised us to jump on it before the weekend as these do go quickly.

We did as we trust her experience with Oceania! Obviously there are lots of very satisfied repeat passengers who book early...which makes us feel good about our decision.

FYI, although we did get the current offer package of shore excursions, WIFI and PPG, our TA said we would get any Voyager amenities added on later.

That is probably illegal.

One should be able to get whatever has been offered to any other consumer.

No disagreement that it doesn't seem fair from me. But, if you look down a couple of threads you will see a thread I started when some on our roll call could get the additional amenities and others couldn't.

No disagreement that it doesn't seem fair from me. But, if you look down a couple of threads you will see a thread I started when some on our roll call could get the additional amenities and others couldn't.

Unless the TA is taking the extras out of their generous commission, or it is extras that they benefit from by using a consortium....

...anyone should be able to ask and get what has been given to others.

My TA's consortium has negotiated a pre-paid gratuities package with O. We always get that when booking with her, whether O is offering it or not. It does not come out of her commissions, but is part of the deal O makes to encourage the TAs to book cruises on them. The TA one uses affects the prices and beenies one receives. It's not a fair world! ;)

This may be a stupid question but what's the significance of my TA?

Some TAs are in Oceania's "connoisseurs' club" and, of those, some are top producing partners who can move a mountain or two when needed.

At the same time, keep an eye on the new "O Life" promotion - new cruises are being added.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

As I stated, consortium perks are fair game and understood.

Special terms for individual agents are not.

I cannot believe that someone as savvy as you are can believe that-

Think about the cost fluctuations when purchasing an Airline ticket or purchasing a new car.

When the "goods" in question have an absolute "sell by" date, then none of those standard rules apply.

Actually. I've found this to be a wonderful gauge of a Travel Agents' frankness. Ask them to explain how "the system" works, and you will learn quickly how honest they are.

You might want to try it.... ;)