Would you give up a Jen n berry room for a balcony?

mcatmcat

Hello

In the event that you were lucky enough to book a Ben and Jerry room [emoji233]but after final payment a balcony [emoji932]is only 150$ would you keep the Ben and Jerry room or purchase the balcony stateroom [emoji360]

I know everyone goals [emoji570]are different in a cruise [emoji960]but I would like to know your advise on it even if you never had the en and Jerry stateroom.[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you still get CL access with the free drinks during the happy hour with the Ben and Jerry room that could sway my decision to keep it. Don't care about the free ice cream

If not I would go with the balcony

Edited by molly361

Hello

In the event that you were lucky enough to book a Ben and Jerry room [emoji233]but after final payment a balcony [emoji932]is only 150$ would you keep the Ben and Jerry room or purchase the balcony stateroom [emoji360]

I know everyone goals [emoji570]are different in a cruise [emoji960]but I would like to know your advise on it even if you never had the en and Jerry stateroom.[emoji851]

Would I swap it?......Yes

I would always keep the 'unique' room when cruising as this is all about collecting 'experiences' for me.

The Concierge Lounge access is a great benefit if you do not already have that through some other means.

Now, if that was an aft or hump balcony, I might consider it, depending on the ship and circumstances.

Hello

Actually, I can really speak from experience. On Feb 21 this year, we were booked in the Ben and Jerry's SWEET on Liberty. About two weeks before the sailing, we got a call from RC to upgrade to any regular balcony room for ZERO dollars. We elected not to. We booked the room because we loved the idea of staying there, and we love the ice cream. The location on the Promenade is great, too!

Reasons why your situation might be different...can you go to the Concierge/Suites Lounge? If you can't, you'll for sure never have a shot at going there being in a promenade room, unless you are a D+ or Pinnacle member. Free drinks for 3 1/2 hours each day is a nice perk. The assistance of a concierge is nice as well.

For us we are Diamond Plus, and at the time we sailed, D+ were allowed into the Suites Lounge on Liberty...so for us, we didn't need that perk.

Was I glad I did it, yes! Bragging rights...only three ships in the whole RC fleet like that! Would I turn down a balcony if it happened again? Probably not. We did enjoy it. We enjoyed letting others come and see it and know about it. I'm always surprised how many people don't know about the room, the decor, and the perks.

Let us know what you decide!

a4f27304d38515095ba06f9f1d21b54d.jpg6779baf8cb95e31223bbe9f755702d0c.jpg00fec612d3e7458850a118f281e06e46.jpg

Edited by internetwhiz

My BIL had a promenade cabin on Explorer and did not know he was entitled to any benefits. Is it only certain cabins ? And why?

The Ben and Jerry suite is located directly above the ice cream shop on the Promenade. The large cow is directly outside the suite picture window. You have a great view of the cow's backside. The décor of the room is also done in "cow". You also get the suite perks.

Been there done that, won't do it again. We found Freedom's cabin to be very noisy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Glad ours wasn't on Liberty. We really enjoyed the shows on the promenade from there...the "catwalk" where performers/singers walk out was right down the way from us. Like I said, probably not again, but yeah...glad to have been there and done that!

Hello

We had the Ben and Jerry's suite on the Liberty.. I would not want it again.. I would take an oceanview before that room again..

I agree with Karen! I'd definitely keep the B&J 'Sweet." Why? I've cruised in balconies many times, plus some suites, and always enjoyed them very much, but I've never tried a Promenade room. I'd like to try one just to see what it's like. But the B&J is not just a regular Prom room - it comes with Suite Lounge (or Concierge Lounge, depending on the ship) privileges, and if you aren't in a suite or don't have access to the DL or CL, that's a wonderful perk that comes with a reasonably priced cabin. And there's free B&J ice cream too.

Then there's the novelty/rarity value of that particular cabin since it's so very unusual and there's only one on each Freedom class ship. As Karen said, there are only 3 B&J cabins in the whole Royal fleet, so the bragging rights are significant!:p (Plus you could be the star of the cabin crawl if your roll call has planned one.) I do want to try it once. We're D+ so we already have lounge privileges, but I still want to try the B&J Sweet just for the experience. We've just never found #6305 available on Freedom class ships at the times we booked in the past, but I'm going to make a renewed effort to find it available for some cruise in the future.;)

Judy

P.S. HI Karen! I think we met on Jewel in the CL...Alaska cruise in Sept 2015??? Hope to see you again aboard someday....:)

Edited by foxgoodrich