Luggage tags

procter

First, the link only appears about 4-6 weeks pre cruise, and I think that the luggage tags are only mailed to US and Canada.

Luggage tags are not really needed, but I agree I like to have them on my bag to just help get my luggage to the correct cabin.

thanks Robin.

Have googled but some posts say only USA.

will wait for more responses b4 involving agent.

We get them in the UK. The order luggage tags tab will appear some time shortly after your cruise documents are ready. Usually anytime from three to six weeks so should be any time. Keep checking.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Will have to wait until next week by the look of it.

Have completed and printed OLCheckin so was surprised not find option on there but if needed will chase travel agent but it should be something I could do for myself.

Thanks Phil,

Will have to wait until next week by the look of it.

Have completed and printed OLCheckin so was surprised not find option on there but if needed will chase travel agent but it should be something I could do for myself.

Phil knows everything. but i have printed my boarding pass for dec and yet it has not popped up. i do not get cruise docs in mail as nothung comes you really need anymore.

Have filled in OLCheckin for 25 Sept Cruise but cannot find where to order luggage tags.

Can anybody provide idiots guide please.

Thanks

Procter

I got mine. After I filled out my online form, a link appeared to order tags. But I'm in the US so maybe different for you? See you Sept. 30.

We did not have luggage tags for our recent cruise...turns out my TA expected me to print and use the paper ones. I requested them from Azamara by phone about two weeks before our departure on July 28. The representative said that we were probably cutting it too close, but I asked that they be sent anyway. They still haven't arrived!!! However, not to worry. The very friendly Azamara folks at the pier tagged our bags and relieved us of them. It was very efficient and easy!

We are from the Uk and Phil is correct the luggage tag button just appeared suddenly. We had already completed online check in. The tags came within 5 days with just over 2 weeks until the cruise.

However the very next day my husband upgraded us to suites. Too late for luggage tags. I worry about tags and how I would cope without luggage.

The moment we got off the bus at the port there were Azamara people with tags. Quite a lot of people needed there luggage tagging.

Surprising ( remember I am use to Celebrity) people waited patiently almost with their hands raised and all luggage was tagged correctly.

It was calm and civilised.

This recurring luggage tag issue is symptomatic of the lack of clear information from Azamara to booked passengers, in particular to first-timers.

One would think a snail-mail or email brochure--or both--should be sent to booked passengers explaining where to go on the website to fill out all the necessary check-in information, where the link is to get to ChoiceAir, what to do to book land discoveries in advance on the website, when the XPress pass will be available for printing (and the fact there is such a thing), when and where the nice little button will appear to request luggage tags, where to find the list of included beverages and optional beverage packages, etc. Might even sell more optional stuff if this were done right.

As it is now, all this stuff is part of a great mystery until you've been through it multiple times.

Edited by marinaro44

Go to the bottom of the Cruise Check In page and you will see the following.

Luggage Tag Information:

Azamara's ship luggage tag program provides you with luggage tags before leaving home.

Request Luggage Tags

Just fill in and they will send them out to you.

Ours are ready for our cruise in September.

Edited by LEESRE

AdditionThanks for all the help.

I am not a complete "Luddite" but I have tried and succeeded 3 times to complete OLCheck in and printed off result but still do not appear to get the magic "print labels".

I will send request to Azamara uk.

On a more serious note I rang Azamara on Saturday and was fed such a load of guff by customer services who when I asked about labels told me they are on the OLC document that I have to print.

When I pointed out that on Ccritic that others were able to get theirs sent I was interrupted and told "you are not listening to me".

He said I should make them up myself.

If I have paid £10,000 for a cruise I do NOT wish to be doing a "Blue Peter" (UK reference to DIY) with double sided tape, Origami and sellotape in a hotel reception for 5 Bags.

We do not travel light.

Apparently this new system has come in in last 2 months.

I do not wish him to be disciplined unless he was telling lies but whoever provided this information to him most certainly should be.

I do not expect every agent to know everything about which ports may tender etc. but basic boarding info common across ALL voyages should most certainly be correct.

For ref my booking ref 7905854 name of Kendall

Finally as we are B"B"B should we be completing 3 OLCheck in forms.

PS can anybody please confirm Mr twynam email.

THANKS

Edited by procter

Guatemala strikes again! I'd expect the luggage tab to appear any time, but don't fret. As mentioned earlier you can get luggage labels at the pier very easily. I have done this a few times when I've had last minute cabin changes.

Just a bit of friendly advice. I would email the hosts and ask them to remove the details you've posted about your name and booking number.

Phil

Hi, I think its bad that we don't get luggage labels supplied for flights and cruises, our last cruise with P&O the labels had to be printed off and folded and attached. Mine had come off and I did not get my luggage till nearly midnight,

I have always had luggage labels for my Azamara cruises, albeit not always used as per my post above re cabin changes. I don't put them on until after I've flown to reduce the risk of confusion or them being ripped off. Never had a problem.

Phil

I have always had luggage labels for my Azamara cruises, albeit not always used as per my post above re cabin changes. I don't put them on until after I've flown to reduce the risk of confusion or them being ripped off. Never had a problem.

Phil

Exactly right, as always, Phil.

Luggage tags for flights are put on by the airline when the bag is checked. Like Phil, I never put the cruise tags on until bags are recovered after the last flight. And, if for some reason I forget, when I get to the pier porters tag the bags with our stateroom number.

Even though in the end it's a non-issue, Azamara should still make it more straightforward to get luggage tags, as the number of threads appearing here on Cruise Critic would attest.