Azamara to Keep Popular Sunset Bar During Refurbishment

LauraS

Hi Everyone,

I'm very pleased to hear this news, though not entirely surprised. Special thanks to Larry Pimentel and his Azamara Management team, for listening to our community, and their valued guests.

LIKE!:D I agree,Andy, Thankyou, Azamara!

Hi Everyone,

I'm very pleased to hear this news, though not entirely surprised. Special thanks to Larry Pimentel and his Azamara Management team, for listening to our community, and their valued guests.

I have never experienced it, but was very sad to think that I wouldn't be able to experience what everybody love so much! Now I am very excited to think that I will be able to talk about it, too.

Whilst we were among the minority on these boards who looked forward to the inclusion of a new Specialty Asian Restaurant, we are quite relaxed to hear it is now not going ahead. We also loved the evenings on Windows back deck and will look forward to drinks and dinner there when weather permits.

For the size of the Azamara ships, there are already multiple great dining options, and the introduction of Tapas in the Looking Glass Lounge adds further exciting variety.

The pool deck bistro was badly in need of an upgrade and I believe the changes there will add a further great dining experience.

In our view, the food on Azamara is a major plus, along with the fantastic officers and crew. These elements more than compensate for the age of the fleet and the smaller standards cabins. The upcoming refurb will certainly be another plus.

What really amazes me is the ability of Senior Management in Corporate Head Office to accept guest feedback and make changes where they can. I saw it with the Loyalty program changes which were so negative for Azamara for some time until they listened and accepted their guest views. It must not and cannot reach a situation where every little decision or change is challenged or argued as it is impossible to please everyone.

Quite refreshing to see the bond between Larry and his senior team and their valued guests.

I must also pass on our thanks to Bonnie and her role as she provides the perfect conduit between Head Office and the guests.

Well done Azamara.

Whilst we were among the minority on these boards who looked forward to the inclusion of a new Specialty Asian Restaurant, we are quite relaxed to hear it is now not going ahead. We also loved the evenings on Windows back deck and will look forward to drinks and dinner there when weather permits.

For the size of the Azamara ships, there are already multiple great dining options, and the introduction of Tapas in the Looking Glass Lounge adds further exciting variety.

The pool deck bistro was badly in need of an upgrade and I believe the changes there will add a further great dining experience.

In our view, the food on Azamara is a major plus, along with the fantastic officers and crew. These elements more than compensate for the age of the fleet and the smaller standards cabins. The upcoming refurb will certainly be another plus.

What really amazes me is the ability of Senior Management in Corporate Head Office to accept guest feedback and make changes where they can. I saw it with the Loyalty program changes which were so negative for Azamara for some time until they listened and accepted their guest views. It must not and cannot reach a situation where every little decision or change is challenged or argued as it is impossible to please everyone.

Quite refreshing to see the bond between Larry and his senior team and their valued guests.

I must also pass on our thanks to Bonnie and her role as she provides the perfect conduit between Head Office and the guests.

Well done Azamara.

I concur 100%. You have said it all; for me too.

Well done Azamara.

Thank you Aussie Cruise Nuts, et.al.,

I too am impressed daily with our senior management's willingness to listen, absorb, consider, and react to decisions already in place. In fact, I've just published a blog post on this topic called "Azamara Listens!" (which personally I thought a witty title since we have the sub-forum "Azamara Asks!" on this site:D) Here's a link: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/blog/azamara-listens

Another example of why Azamara is our preferred cruise line. They listen and are prepared to seriously consider their clients' views. Now, if they could only find some room for Mary to return.

Tony

Wonderful to hear that management values the opinions of its customers and great to know that management can make a swift decision when it needs to. Thank you Azamara........we will be back for another cruise. You made the right decision.

Yeah!! As brand new (future) AZ cruisers, this venue and the ability to have a casual dinner outdoors was a MAJOR factor in our choice to sail AZ rather than the new Windstar motor yachts. (I do my research ;)) When I heard it might be switched over to fee restaurant after we booked, I was a little disappointed. One of the things we've always done on other cruises is waited until AFTER sail away to have dinner, with AZ late nights and overnights, we felt we'd be able to enjoy dinner outside while still in port! Now I'm very pleased because how I imagined using the space is exactly how many of you experienced AZ cruisers describe using it in the past, and I can't wait for my sunset or under the stars dinners!

Thank you Aussie Cruise Nuts, et.al.,

I too am impressed daily with our senior management's willingness to listen, absorb, consider, and react to decisions already in place. In fact, I've just published a blog post on this topic called "Azamara Listens!" (which personally I thought a witty title since we have the sub-forum "Azamara Asks!" on this site:D) Here's a link: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/blog/azamara-listens

That is witty, but also seems to be true, you ask, but it appears management appears to also listen, such as adding a mirror to the vanity in the cabins. Being "nimble" enough to be responsive is what creates great customer service! Thanks, will check out your blog!

One of the things we've always done on other cruises is waited until AFTER sail away to have dinner, with AZ late nights and overnights, we felt we'd be able to enjoy dinner outside while still in port! Now I'm very pleased because how I imagined using the space is exactly how many of you experienced AZ cruisers describe using it in the past, and I can't wait for my sunset or under the stars dinners!

Only problem with eating late is that the buffet usually closes at 9pm and you really need to be there by 8pm.

Our preferred dining time is 8.30/8.45pm.

Only problem with eating late is that the buffet usually closes at 9pm and you really need to be there by 8pm.

Our preferred dining time is 8.30/8.45pm.

If I am choosing the buffet i go around 8 to 830 .sometimes later. .I either get food an sit outside and or bring to my balcony and eat it..I always felt the buffet on port nights should be open later to say 10.. they can have salads and pizza and soups. ice cream. the rest can go.. many guests ate in town and really just want a snack with a drink.

i feel all our food venues close to early.

Edited by ellbon