Reservation cancelled - now wait listed

Hello! First time poster - We booked a cruise on Royal in January for an October sail date. Our payment reminders all went to spam and we missed the deadline, and are now cancelled. The boat is full, so we are 2nd on the waiting list. Any experience with a waiting list? What are our realistic chances of getting called up? We are traveling with another family and are beside ourselves with this mistake. Thanks!!

Hello! First time poster - We booked a cruise on Royal in January for an October sail date. Our payment reminders all went to spam and we missed the deadline, and are now cancelled. The boat is full, so we are 2nd on the waiting list. Any experience with a waiting list? What are our realistic chances of getting called up? We are traveling with another family and are beside ourselves with this mistake. Thanks!!

What ship and sailing...........The larger the ship the more likely you are to be accommodated. (Though there is no guarantee you will get a cabin of your liking.

So sorry this happened to you. I'm surprised no one called you once the final payment was missed. I totally forgot when final payment date was once & an RCI rep called me the day of final payment to remind me. Hope it all works out for you.

I did ask about why they didn't call and they said it was because "we have thousands of bookings and it is impossible to call them all". I asked what they did before email and got crickets.... Anyway, the ship is Grandeur of the Seas, sailing 10/14 5 day to Bermuda from Baltimore.

I did ask about why they didn't call and they said it was because "we have thousands of bookings and it is impossible to call them all". I asked what they did before email and got crickets.... Anyway, the ship is Grandeur of the Seas, sailing 10/14 5 day to Bermuda from Baltimore.

That ship is booked solid other than 3 Owner's Suites. If you really want to go, you will have to pay.

There will likely be some last minute cancellations, but no one can tell you whether that will happen or not.

That ship is booked solid other than 3 Owner's Suites. If you really want to go, you will have to pay.

There will likely be some last minute cancellations, but no one can tell you whether that will happen or not.

Thank you - Yes I understand it is booked and there are no guarantees. I wish only looking for past experience that people in this situation have had before we decide to look for something else.

Thank you - Yes I understand it is booked and there are no guarantees. I wish only looking for past experience that people in this situation have had before we decide to look for something else.

I would assume that they are working on trying to get people to upgrade to the OS if those are available. If people do, that will open up lower class cabins that may pop up. I doubt there will be many cancellations outright after final payment, but there is a always a chance.

So sorry this has happened to you, did you ever get an invoice of your booking, your payment date is shown on this. Even though we get the final payment date on the invoice, I set a payment date for myself 1 month before final, then I know it is taken care of and we get the final invoice from our TA.

SO sorry for you. I like to be more positive than some other posters. You said you are traveling with another family. Did they make their final payment for their room? If not, then you need two rooms, correct? If this is the case I really would start looking at other dates. One room may open up, but two......this would really stress me out.

I know the horse is out of the barn, but we always use a TA. We have 5 or 6 cruises booked and it gets very confusing after awhile. Our TA takes care of everything, and using one (we've) found is always cheaper anyway as she gives us OBC and always beats online deals.

Grandeur is a very popular small ship with quite a loyal following............if you can have your deposits transferred to another date, that would really leave you all with a piece of mind. If the other family has already paid in full and does have a room, you are in a position to wait it out., unless you both have cancel for any reason insurance.

Good luck, and please return back and let us know what happened.:D

In the good old days, cruises were booked by your local travel agent who would call to remind you of any payments.

I still have a travel agent and my final payments are authorized to be put through on my credit card on the due dates.

:eek: So sad for you. Life does get busy and it is easy to forget. I put final payment dates in my phone. My daughter is traveling with us in November and I called to remind her - even though they are excited to go she forgot because life is busy. She made the deadline by a couple of hours.

Hoping things work out for you and you get to go!