Lotus Spa Thermal Suite

janetcbl

If this is the same as the Caribbean Princess' Thermal Suite, then it is very nice. For non-suite passengers the charge was $199 per couple for a 7 day cruise. It had 5 heated loungers, two special showers, and two types of saunas. Well worth the $199 for us, especially the loungers, although I had a hard time keeping awake. The saunas were too hot for us, but we have never been big sauna fans. We would definitely rebook the Thermal Suite the next time.

It has three different sauna's. A mild, aromatic one that's small, holds a couple only, or two couples squished in, and the big hot room which I can't recall what they call it. The large sauna gets hot and steamy in there, and can fit many people.

There are also some ceramic hot thermal beds which are very relaxing. It can get very busy in there.

Also a couple of showers to rinse off in. Not showers you would wash up in because they are by the Thermal beds.

We enjoy using the Thermal Suite if it isn't crowded and we are usually there for about an hour per day max. We have seen people bring books and hang out on the thermal beds for hours.

Are the thermal beds inside or do they look over the ocean outside?

On the Caribbean Princess, it was an interior space, but close to the adult only pool that was equipped with nice outdoor loungers. There was also a nice area with soft chairs and couches, with fruit, fruit water, and tea available. I used the heated loungers twice, but the steam rooms were too hot for me to tolerate. It was a nice suite perk, but I would not have paid extra for it.

• 7 months later...

We'll be in a full suite for the 1st time, and I want to check out the Thermal Suite in the spa, which is a suite perk.

Do you tell them at the spa's check-in area and they give you a pass or something to get in?

Probably a dumb question, but what do you wear on the thermal beds? Bathing suits? Spa robes?

my cruise in january on a different line had a thermal suit. the tile loungers are hard, but surprisingly not uncomfortable. you would put down a towel first. i usually had on my bathing suit and a robe barbecue i would have just jumped out of a pool and would be drying off. i did see some people use the tile beds in their clothing, but still you will put down a towel for a smidge of softness.

Some people love the thermal suite. I don't think it's worth it on Princess. We enjoyed them on our Holland America cruises because they include the special thalassotherapy pool as well as the heated ceramic lounges and special steam rooms and chromatherapy showers.

We'll be in a full suite for the 1st time, and I want to check out the Thermal Suite in the spa, which is a suite perk.

Do you tell them at the spa's check-in area and they give you a pass or something to get in?

Probably a dumb question, but what do you wear on the thermal beds? Bathing suits? Spa robes?

Bathing suits are the proper attire in the TS. You can use the changing room in the Spa area before or after the TS. You will get a locker key at the Spa desk when you check in and give them your cruise card and there are the nice robes in the changing room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the Suite "privileges is the use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite. I checked it out on the Princess website, but would like to hear from people who have used it. Just a place to hang out and relax or is there more? Thanks!
Not all ships have a TS available for full suite passengers, only the Coral, Island, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

On some ships with the thermal suite they limit the number of passes, including those in full suites, so if you are interested make sure you go to the spa soon after you board to get a sticker on your cruise card for the thermal suite. Then, when you want to use it you give them your card, they hold it for you, give you a bathrobe to use if you aren't wearing the one from your cabin.

There are plenty of towels in the thermal suite. I loved the hot beds, very comfortable. My sister and I would go up for about 45 minutes every afternoon to let the heat relax our body. I wore a bathing suit, she wore shorts and a shirt. The lighting is dim. I read my Kindle. The times we went weren't too busy, we always got a bed. I didn't use the steam rooms, they were too steamy for me.

My experience was on the Sapphire and the Star.

Jackie

On some ships with the thermal suite they limit the number of passes, including those in full suites, so if you are interested make sure you go to the spa soon after you board to get a sticker on your cruise card for the thermal suite. Then, when you want to use it you give them your card, they hold it for you, give you a bathrobe to use if you aren't wearing the one from your cabin.

There are plenty of towels in the thermal suite. I loved the hot beds, very comfortable. My sister and I would go up for about 45 minutes every afternoon to let the heat relax our body. I wore a bathing suit, she wore shorts and a shirt. The lighting is dim. I read my Kindle. The times we went weren't too busy, we always got a bed. I didn't use the steam rooms, they were too steamy for me.

Jackie

Great tip! Thanks.

Jackie

If you are in a full suite you are guaranteed a spot. They limit the number of passes sold to other guests to control capacity. We had a problem on the Coral a number of years ago when the guest dance instructors apparently had the privilege of using the TS and they would lay on the heated benches for over an hour almost every day which limited capacity for others.

I used the Enclave on the Regal this past January and loved it. It included a hydrotherapy pool as well. The HT pools are only on the Regal & Royal I believe.

QUESTION: I'm travelling on the Crown next March/April. Worth it to get a Thermal pass without the pool? I'd only use the dry sauna and beds... Your opinions are welcome!

Cheers,

Deb

If you are in a full suite you are guaranteed a spot. They limit the number of passes sold to other guests to control capacity. We had a problem on the Coral a number of years ago when the guest dance instructors apparently had the privilege of using the TS and they would lay on the heated benches for over an hour almost every day which limited capacity for others.

We'll be in a full suite. So, do we still have to go get a sticker for our cruise card?

I used the Enclave on the Regal this past January and loved it. It included a hydrotherapy pool as well. The HT pools are only on the Regal & Royal I believe.

QUESTION: I'm travelling on the Crown next March/April. Worth it to get a Thermal pass without the pool? I'd only use the dry sauna and beds... Your opinions are welcome!

Cheers,

Deb

How much was the enclave on Regal?

Laura