Journey May and June cruise changes (Istanbul) 2 Threads Merged

baytraller

We're also on the (now) Athens to Venice on the 29th of August, and it's great to see that Ephesus is still included in the itinery.

I certainly don't hold Azamara responsible for the global geopolitical situation. It's kind of like when people get angry at airlines for cancelling flights due to bad weather!

Edited by TheLizardHouse

We're also on the (now) Athens to Venice on the 29th of August, and it's great to see that Ephesus is still included in the itinery.

/quote]

The AzAmazing evening at Ephesus is the most memorable of those we have attended.

Hopefully, as the weather should be fine and warm, you will be fortunate and it will be held outside in the Odeon.

I rang my TA here in Australia and actually told her that the Journey cruise on 29th August had been changed. Both her and the parent company had been told nothing from Azamara. So thankyou Cruise Critic community, now Australian passengers are being advised of the changes.

I have the same Azamara reservation No. as before, but still can't register on their website - just comes up with 'no reservation'. I guess this will get sorted . . . eventually.

I keep checking my Azamara reservation (June 4th Istanbul-Rome) too and it still shows "no reservation"

And, until I have the new itinerary and full details confirmed in writing from Azamara, I don't want to chance changing, and paying Delta's exorbitant fees/fares on flights to Athens.

We are booked on the 29th August sailing, likewise our reservation has been removed from My Azamara, presumably as this is a major alteration to the cruise we will in due time be contacted regarding Azamara's offer with the option to cancel if we are not happy. This is what has happened previously when major alterations have been made, if you agree to the change then the booking will reappear.

Our expectation is for the May - June cruises to be dealt with before we will hear about the August one. From a personal point of view we are disappointed to lose Istanbul as we planned to stay a few days pre cruise but understand Azamara's position, however we are hoping to add the new 7 day Rome to Athens cruise beforehand in lieu. Just hoping we get to know what's happening soon as we board Journey on Wednesday and it would be an ideal time to get it all sorted.

Regarding 4th June:

I have just received notification of the revised cruise from Azamara via our travel agent. In addition to showing the revised itinerary there is the following:

Your options - what you can do

You have three options to choose from – please notify us of your choice by 5:30 PM on 08th February.

A. You may remain on the revised sailing.

B. Re-book on any other Azamara Club Cruises sailing at prevailing rate.

OR

C. You have the right to cancel and receive a full refund of all the money paid to

Azamara Club Cruises, reimbursed to the original form of payment.

If you choose to remain on the revised sailing, we’ll be pleased to give you an on board credit for:

 $200 per suite for Category Suites

 $100 per stateroom for Categories Inside, Outside and Balcony.

The on board credit is being offered as recognition for the alteration to your plans and for any

disappointment you have experienced.

In addition, if you booked a cruise-only package and you re-book on one of the given alternatives,

we will reimburse you up to GBP £350.00 per person towards any additional costs for changing

your airline tickets and/or hotel accommodations. We will need the receipts from your

airline/hotel for the additional costs for changing your reservations. 5:30 PM on 08th February

So I should think that the cruise will not re-appear on my reservations until you have confirmed you want option A. We will be choosing option A - it's still a good cruise.

However, I don't see why Azamara are offering more OBC to suite passengers.

OK, they have paid more, but then balcony pay more than outside etc. Moreover, the change impacts on everyone equally, whatever grade of cabin.

Well it looks like there are only two cruises remaining that embark in Istanbul. One in 2017 and one in 2018.

We're booked Istanbul to Rome 2017. Since they're cancelling the Istanbul embarkation this year, I wish they would do the same for next year too, if they're going to do it, before the time comes for us to book flights and the ship is more full.

With the terrorist attacks increasing in frequency and threats, I can't envision the Istanbul situation improving in one year.

We have received the same letter regarding the 29th August sailing, none too impressed to be honest. We personally don't think that the use of onboard credit at whatever level compensates for the aggravation of having to substantially change our vacation plans. Especially on a cruise line that includes all we require.

We weren't expecting the earth but we now have until the 8th of February to decide how to make the best of this and explore the alternatives, difficult considering we are currently in Miami to board Journey tomorrow and won't actually be back in the UK until that date.

Not sure what we will do now.

We have received the same letter regarding the 29th August sailing, none too impressed to be honest. We personally don't think that the use of onboard credit at whatever level compensates for the aggravation of having to substantially change our vacation plans. Especially on a cruise line that includes all we require.

We weren't expecting the earth but we now have until the 8th of February to decide how to make the best of this and explore the alternatives, difficult considering we are currently in Miami to board Journey tomorrow and won't actually be back in the UK until that date.

I agree. February 8th deadline for a June cruise is reasonable but for a cruise at the end of August it is far too soon. For you, especially as you will be away - on an Azamara cruise departing tomorrow. Why not have a word with the Customer Relations Manager onboard to see if they can arrange an extension of the deadline for you.

I hope this doesn't spoil your current cruise.

Sound like you need to talk to Le Club Voyage staff, or future cruises staff, while you are on the Journey. At the least they should give you free wifi so you can sort out your travel arrangements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sound like you need to talk to Le Club Voyage staff, or future cruises staff, while you are on the Journey. At the least they should give you free wifi so you can sort out your travel arrangements.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had thought of that unfortunately our flight arrangements will take a long and complicated phone call to BA, took ages to sort out the flights we have because we are part cash part Avios, although I will say the service we received from BA was excellent.

I agree. February 8th deadline for a June cruise is reasonable but for a cruise at the end of August it is far too soon. For you, especially as you will be away - on an Azamara cruise departing tomorrow. Why not have a word with the Customer Relations Manager onboard to see if they can arrange an extension of the deadline for you.

I hope this doesn't spoil your current cruise.

I have emailed the UK already regarding this, hopeful for a positive reply. Don't worry we will not let it upset our cruise, especially as it will be the first one after Journey's refit.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to pose this question to anyone here who has chosen to remain on their revised cruise. After you spoke to Azamara and let them know that you were going to stay on the cruise, are you now able to re-link back to your reservation in MyAzamara?

Our reservation disappeared and even though we have made final payment and spoken to Miami, the system still tells us we don't have a reservation. I realize we probably need to call them back but I was curious if others are seeing the same thing. Thanks. Dave

We too have chosen to remain on our chosen cruise (June 4th-16th) have paid our final payment and the extra cost in changing flights but still our reservation does not appear. As a first time Azamara cruiser, it leaves us a little apprehensive.

Dave,

We have the same issue. My Azamara recognizes me but does not recognize that I have a reservation for May 24. I have contacted my TA but her link did not provide the reservation either. Most frustrating! I did get word that they have processed my air change reimbursement. It hasn't shown up on my cc but they said it would take 7-10 business days. Is there an explanation?

Thanks.

Pearl

I actually had emailed customer service asking about the fact that many of us could no longer see our reservations and the response stated that they needed to update the system with all the itinerary changes and it was a manual process. They asked that I give it a week and that the reservation should eventually re-appear. I got that email this morning and checked MyAzamara this evening and it was back. I didn't need to relink to it or do anything. It was just back with the new itinerary details. I hope this works out easily for the rest of you. Dave