Help: We need info on cruising with a young toddler, in diapers!

Cruzangelz

Hi all, we want to take a family cruise to renew our vows with my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids. My precious grandson will be 21 months when we plan to sail, still in diapers. Is it true babies cannot go into pool areas on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines? Does anyone know if babies are allowed in any pool or water areas on any Cruise Lines. Disney was up there on our choice too. Any help on traveling with young toddler would help, thanks so much!

Diaper and Swim Diapers are not allowed in main pools or hot tubs, with the exception of Disney which has a designated pool for children in diapers. Most ships have a toddler splash area or toddler pool where little ones in diapers are allowed. I would also suggest you bring along a blow up float ring so the little one can play in the ocean(with an adult holding on to it of course). My then 2 year old daughter loved kicking up and down the beach in her float ring. Many people also recommend bringing along a small toddler blow up pool. IMO this is not needed for the little ones to play in the water on board.

It depends on the RC ship you are considering. Some ships have a small splash area for diapered children. Definitely not allowed in main pools or hot tubs. Young children should not be in hot tubs anywhere; too dangerous for them to overheat.w

Check on the boards of the cruise line you are considering and also on family boards.

RCI Freedom and Oasis class ships have a Baby Splash Zone that will allow access by toddlers with swim diapers. No other RCI (or Celebrity) ship has this area dedicated to toddlers and for what IMO are obvious health and courtesy issues strictly enforce restricting non-toilet trained toddler access to all swim areas.

Bit of bad information posted above. Most ships do have a kiddie pool or splash area, but children in diapers are not allowed. Currently, the only ships that have splash areas/pools for children in diapers are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom (Freedom, Liberty, Independence), Oasis (Oasis, Allure, Harmony), and Quantum (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation) class ships.

Bit of bad information posted above. Most ships do have a kiddie pool or splash area, but children in diapers are not allowed. Currently, the only ships that have splash areas/pools for children in diapers are the Disney ships, and the RCI Freedom (Freedom, Liberty, Independence), Oasis (Oasis, Allure, Harmony), and Quantum (Quantum, Anthem, Ovation) class ships.

If you are referring to my post, he information I posted is accurate - the Baby Splash Zone is the dedicated pool area on the ships you and I referenced which allows children with swim diapers. But that is the only such area on any RCI or Celebrity ship and is designated as such by that name. Perhaps what wasn't as clear is that many ships have a children's pool area, which does not allow children with diapers, nor does any other pool area on board.

Sorry if I am missing something - clearly your expertise is always recognized by me as expert.

If you are referring to my post, he information I posted is accurate - the Baby Splash Zone is the dedicated pool area on the ships you and I referenced which allows children with swim diapers. But that is the only such area on any RCI or Celebrity ship and is designated as such by that name. Perhaps what wasn't as clear is that many ships have a children's pool area, which does not allow children with diapers, nor does any other pool area on board.

Sorry if I am missing something - clearly your expertise is always recognized by me as expert.

I think that was a response to a PP who said most ships have splash areas for diapered kids (not true) and that DCL has a pool for diapered kids (not true). Yes, most ships have pools/splash areas for potty trained kids - your post was correct.

I think that was a response to a PP who said most ships have splash areas for diapered kids (not true) and that DCL has a pool for diapered kids (not true). Yes, most ships have pools/splash areas for potty trained kids - your post was correct.

Thanks for your reply. I always have the highest respect for chengkp75's posts and also try to be accurate with mine (not always the case, unfortunately) and was hoping I wasn't misleading with my information.

The Splash Zone is not a pool. At least on Disney. It's in the pool area, but it's a waterworks area with water sprays and wet floors. And some characters to play on.

It's not a pool in the true sense of a "pool". Not a hole with water in it for young kids.

This is true....no one in diapers, or without the ability to control their bodily functions can go in a POOL. Ship's pools are small, and cannot handle the bacteria that a municipal pool on land can. Even if a "swim diaper" holds in the "poo", the water will flow THROUGH the diaper, and it will contaminate the water. You wouldn't want to be in that water, would you? Me, either.

The Splash Zone is not a pool. At least on Disney. It's in the pool area, but it's a waterworks area with water sprays and wet floors. And some characters to play on.

It's not a pool in the true sense of a "pool". Not a hole with water in it for young kids.

Correct. Wouldn't think a toddler should be in a "pool" anyway. But at least it is an area that they can play in and get wet.