Sanctuary on glacier bay day

kayred

I know I am over planning but I always enjoy dreaming/planning about the cruise. We are going on the glacier bay cruise in June but we booked an inside room (we are kinda cheap lol). Having said that I am considering splurging on the sanctuary that day to really enjoy the glacier. It also happens to be fall on our 25th anniversary and I think this would add to our special day. I would love to hear about any of your experiences and opinions. Thanks, Cruise Critic members always give great advice.

We just returned from a cruise on the Golden Princess Inside Passage through Glacier Bay. We also booked inside cabin as always. When going through the Glaciers, we had no problem standing on the outside decks above the pool and Atrium. Had plenty of room to take pictures and enjoy the view. It was awesome. We don't stay in our cabin much. We enjoy socializing with everyone outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I am over planning but I always enjoy dreaming/planning about the cruise. We are going on the glacier bay cruise in June but we booked an inside room (we are kinda cheap lol). Having said that I am considering splurging on the sanctuary that day to really enjoy the glacier. It also happens to be fall on our 25th anniversary and I think this would add to our special day. I would love to hear about any of your experiences and opinions. Thanks, Cruise Critic members always give great advice.

Highly recommend the splurge... First time was in July on Golden we did not do a lot of excursions so we called glacier bay sanctuary ours You get gifts head warmers coffee tumbler. A morning cocktail Bloody Mary or Mimosa hot soup and later in day tea and crumpet sandwiches. Go up first day and reserve a double lounge chair for yourselves they provide blankets it so relaxing and quite. We will go again it was 60.00 each on our trip. You just reserve on the first day they book fast. ImageUploadedByForums1440879338.444404.jpg.64cfc383b02e6afd460b0a6fdd0149b6.jpg you can see the mugs and head wraps and my family

ImageUploadedByForums1440879295.756083.jpg.8ce0c9b6eee5ee18a6f13585aae9b3a4.jpg

Highly recommend the splurge... First time was in July on Golden we did not do a lot of excursions so we called glacier bay sanctuary ours You get gifts head warmers coffee tumbler. A morning cocktail Bloody Mary or Mimosa hot soup and later in day tea and crumpet sandwiches. Go up first day and reserve a double lounge chair for yourselves they provide blankets it so relaxing and quite. We will go again it was 60.00 each on our trip. You just reserve on the first day they book fast. [ATTACH]360806[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360807[/ATTACH] you can see the mugs and head wraps and my family

What was the cost for the Sanctuary in Glacier Bay? I've read that it costs more but also get extras like you experienced.

I was searching the same issue a couple of days ago. Glacier Bay on the Island next June is on my big birthday and wedding anniversary. It seemed as though if it is rainy it isn't the place to be. Would be glorious if sunny. Hmmm. What to do....

What was the cost for the Sanctuary in Glacier Bay? I've read that it costs more but also get extras like you experienced.

Perhaps you missed it, right in their post, $60each.

Highly recommend the splurge... First time was in July on Golden we did not do a lot of excursions so we called glacier bay sanctuary ours You get gifts head warmers coffee tumbler. A morning cocktail Bloody Mary or Mimosa hot soup and later in day tea and crumpet sandwiches. Go up first day and reserve a double lounge chair for yourselves they provide blankets it so relaxing and quite. We will go again it was 60.00 each on our trip. You just reserve on the first day they book fast. [ATTACH]360806[/ATTACH][ATTACH]360807[/ATTACH] you can see the mugs and head wraps and my family

I recommend the Sanctuary on the Coral. You get a lounge chair, a blanket, hot chocolate, various other goodies during the day. Yes, you can see everything from deck 7, but if you want to make your anniversary a special day, I'd do it.

I recommend the Sanctuary on the Coral. You get a lounge chair, a blanket, hot chocolate, various other goodies during the day. Yes, you can see everything from deck 7, but if you want to make your anniversary a special day, I'd do it.

That would make it special. The Island has lost a few public decks so might be more crowded in those that remain.

FYI we are planning to eat at the crown that night and I think it will be formal night so things are getting set up for a special day. I feel like we are getting ready for our next phase of life with our youngest child being a senior in high school and we are planning this cruise as a big celebration. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love all the planning and then we sit back and enjoy the trip :)

The Royal doesn't sail to Alaska though currently, right? So mentioning the glass panels on it really doesn't matter, since it has been in Europe for the summer.

Neither Royal-class ship has made it to the Pacific & neither are scheduled yet until the 3rd ship is deployed in Asia.

FYI we are planning to eat at the crown that night and I think it will be formal night so things are getting set up for a special day. I feel like we are getting ready for our next phase of life with our youngest child being a senior in high school and we are planning this cruise as a big celebration. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love all the planning and then we sit back and enjoy the trip :)

Go tour the sanctuary and sit in chairs and see what you think it is worth the serenity and pampering [emoji4]