Freestyle Dining Q

SeattleSuz

So, this whole freestyle dining, let me see if I have this straight:

We come back from our Shore Ex at 4 pm, get changed and want to eat dinner (we are like elderly people, we eat early), can we just go to one of the MDRs and get right in? or do we need to call ahead?

And I can assume that the main buffet is pretty much open all the time for any meal you want to grab, or snack, or whatever?

And coffee, in the morning, early bird here likes to get up at 6:00/6:30, where would I find coffee on the ship?

We are traveling on the Getaway in about 44 days, and it's our first cruise on NCL, so I want to be sure that I have all my information correct and am not going crazy, getting hangry looking for coffee and food.

Yep, as soon as the MDR opens you can go and eat. When the buffet is open yep, just go take what you want. The buffet is a good place to get coffee in the morning and they usually have that going by 6 or so (my schedule was about the same and I never had to wait long). Of course you could get coffee from room service at that time of day with no charges.

Think of freestyle dining like going to any land-based restaurant. You arrive and ask for a table, if there is one open you'll be seated right away. If they are busy you may have a wait. The longest I've waited was 20 minutes - average wait for me is less than 5 minutes.

In the mornings, the buffet will always have coffee available. You can also find it at other locations that are open for breakfast. You can also have coffee delivered to your cabin from room service (when we do this we usually give them a $1).

{Snipped}

We come back from our Shore Ex at 4 pm, get changed and want to eat dinner (we are like elderly people, we eat early), can we just go to one of the MDRs and get right in? or do we need to call ahead? Turn up, one often opens at 5 and the other 5.30. We turn up at 5.45 and virtually never have to wait.

And I can assume that the main buffet is pretty much open all the time for any meal you want to grab, or snack, or whatever?While it is closed down for clean up during the day they are short breaks and then some parts are still open.

And coffee, in the morning, early bird here likes to get up at 6:00/6:30, where would I find coffee on the ship? There will almost certainly be an "Early Starter" where you can get coffee and eats from 5.30am.

HTH

Mike

HTH

Mike

It does! Fantastic to know that I can find food at the butt crack of dawn too! On DCL, I was starving when I first got up until one of their little places opened at 6:30 or so with yogurt and fruit. Nothing better than being hangry in the Caribbean! lol

On the back of the Daily you will find a listing of hours of operation for each venue. Before the buffet opens, they have a station somewhere with Danishes, cookies, juices and coffee. We travel with an empty McDonald cup, M or L which I use to take coffee back to my DW. Fill it just halfway to leave room for swapping without spilling any.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We come back from our Shore Ex at 4 pm, get changed and want to eat dinner (we are like elderly people, we eat early), can we just go to one of the MDRs and get right in? or do we need to call ahead?

Main Dining Room opens at 5:30. The Buffet opens earlier. O'Shehans is open 24/7.

And I can assume that the main buffet is pretty much open all the time for any meal you want to grab, or snack, or whatever?

The Buffet is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late snacks. It does close between lunch and dinner and around 11:30-midnight. O'Shehans is open 24/7 for dining.

And coffee, in the morning, early bird here likes to get up at 6:00/6:30, where would I find coffee on the ship?

Buffet coffee is available. Hot food starts around 6:30. O'Shehans is also open.

We are traveling on the Getaway in about 44 days, and it's our first cruise on NCL, so I want to be sure that I have all my information correct and am not going crazy, getting hangry looking for coffee and food.

The Getaway is a great ship. Have a wonderful cruise.

It does! Fantastic to know that I can find food at the butt crack of dawn too! On DCL, I was starving when I first got up until one of their little places opened at 6:30 or so with yogurt and fruit. Nothing better than being hangry in the Caribbean! lol

Trust me, you'll never be hangry- good food all the time.

One of the very nice things about Ncl is that O'Sheehans is open 24/7 and they will have pretty much a full made to order breakfast available for you very early. Think of it like your local Denny's (or 24 hour greasy spoon) and you most certainly will not have a problem getting coffee there at any hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk