Harmony Owner's Suite Question

We recently cruised on the Oasis in an Owner's Suites and will be cruising again in an Owner's Suite on the Harmony this February. My only negative about the room was the lack of electrical outlets (actually none) in the "living area" of the suite.

The bedroom had ample outlets, but other than unplugging something from the cabinet under the TV, there were no outlets in the living area. Does anyone know if the Harmony has addressed and corrected this issue?

A long extension cord would be a possibility I guess. But I'd prefer not having a cord running from the bedroom to the living area.

Thanks for the responses - I get that. But there are 3 or 4 wall outlets in the bedroom. I'd take half of one of those outlets for the living area (which is 2/3rd the size of the entire suite.) So if the entire suite is going to provide 3 or 4 wall outlets, why not put one of those in the largest room in the suite? Everything else was perfect. Thanks again.

Edited by realtyman95

Realtyman,

We will be sailing for the first time on Oasis in an owners suite in Feb. I haven't been able to find many threads that discuss the owners suite. Any insight into the owners suite you can share as far as perks, likes, dislikes(other then outlet issue)?

Did you ever have dinner service on the deck or in the room? Did you make good use of the patio? I debated between a Loft suite and the owners but ultimately chose the owner due to the large deck and the bathroom looks large.

Any insight appreciated.

Brian

My understanding is they have more outlets on Harmony, where and what I don't know...

papa B me, I have not been on Oasis Class but we did sail in an OS on Grandeur (some of the same perks) We did order from the MDR (in another thread I read you can order from CK too- Oasis/Quantum Class) Once we ate on the deck and once at the table...

There should be a playstation 3 or 4 you can check out movies or games in the Suite Lounge

sorry too early in the morning for me to be thinking... if I think of anything else I will post more

Realtyman,

We will be sailing for the first time on Oasis in an owners suite in Feb. I haven't been able to find many threads that discuss the owners suite. Any insight into the owners suite you can share as far as perks, likes, dislikes(other then outlet issue)?

Did you ever have dinner service on the deck or in the room? Did you make good use of the patio? I debated between a Loft suite and the owners but ultimately chose the owner due to the large deck and the bathroom looks large.

Any insight appreciated.

Brian

Here are the new sky class perks for Oasis class ships.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalsuiteclass/sky

Realtyman,

Any insight appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian (and jndsilver31),

I think you made the right choice. When we cruised Oasis earlier this year, we were with a group from our family and others in our group stayed in Crown Lofts. Nothing wrong with the Crown loft, but your space is divided up over two levels and a bit narrow. We liked the spaciousness of the Owner's Suite. The room is well laid out with lots and lots of storage. Closets, drawers, shelves, etc. Two sinks in the bathroom, a whirlpool tub, as well as a walk-in shower.

But probably one of the nicest features of an Owner's suite is the size of the balcony. While the Crown Loft has a nice 96 s/f balcony, the Owner's Suite has a balcony bigger than a lot of rooms - coming in at 243 s/f. The balcony has a table with 4 chairs, as well as two lounge chairs. We had breakfast on our balcony almost every morning and it was a great way to start off the day. Also, our balcony was very private. Unless your neighbor literally stuck their head around the divider, you had privacy.

Here are a few links that you may have already discovered, but I figured I'd share just in case. The first one is a nice video of the actual room we were in (but not my video.)

. The video provides a good feel for the room and balcony.

This next link takes you to the Cruise Critics' reviews of the Owner's Suite on Oasis. Click here. Keep in mind that any videos or pictures you see of the Allure of the Seas would be the same as the Oasis.

Lastly, this page has some videos, pictures and details of the Owner's Suite.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.

Ed

Edited by realtyman95

Ed,

Thanks for the great information. It confirmed for me that I made the best decision for my wife and myself based on our preferences. We are traveling with two other couples and feel the large balcony and living room will be great for the 6 of us to hang out in down times.

Thanks Again,

Brian

Ed,

Thanks for the great information. It confirmed for me that I made the best decision for my wife and myself based on our preferences. We are traveling with two other couples and feel the large balcony and living room will be great for the 6 of us to hang out in down times.

Thanks Again,

Brian

Great room for entertaining others. We cruised during the Super Bowl and had 10 - 12 people in the suite at game time. Plenty of room - and no complaints about the game cheering. :D

• 7 months later...
We recently cruised on the Oasis in an Owner's Suites and will be cruising again in an Owner's Suite on the Harmony this February. My only negative about the room was the lack of electrical outlets (actually none) in the "living area" of the suite.

The bedroom had ample outlets, but other than unplugging something from the cabinet under the TV, there were no outlets in the living area. Does anyone know if the Harmony has addressed and corrected this issue?

A long extension cord would be a possibility I guess. But I'd prefer not having a cord running from the bedroom to the living area.

I just want to follow up regarding the electrical outlets on the Harmony of the Seas Owner's Suite. We just completed our Harmony cruise and I'm happy to report that electrical outlets have been added to the living area. Specifically located to the left of the mirror in the area above the refrigerator. I attached a photo to better identify the location.

PS: Had a great cruise.

ac2c.jpg.83915d65ff4c66919e4fe43e58bed718.jpg

Here is a
I shot of our cabin. Never really intended this for public view, but here you go.

Interesting video, thanks. It seems there mght be a bit more privacy for the bedroom area than on Freedom class OS staterooms.

I just want to follow up regarding the electrical outlets on the Harmony of the Seas Owner's Suite. We just completed our Harmony cruise and I'm happy to report that electrical outlets have been added to the living area. Specifically located to the left of the mirror.

We had outlets in that location in our OS on Allure and Oasis. It's where the coffee maker is plugged in.

Looks like HOS color scheme is lighter than her sisters. Plus the HOS appears to lack an extra chair and ottoman by the window.

We love the extra large balcony in the OS and the floor plan feels more usable than the CLS. Only downside to OS is small shower and only one bathroom, if that matters. Also the CLS proximity to the suite lounge is a huge perk.

I don't believe room service from CK is available for OS only CLS.

We had outlets in that location in our OS on Allure and Oasis. It's where the coffee maker is plugged in.

Looks like HOS color scheme is lighter than her sisters. Plus the HOS appears to lack an extra chair and ottoman by the window.

We love the extra large balcony in the OS and the floor plan feels more usable than the CLS. Only downside to OS is small shower and only one bathroom, if that matters. Also the CLS proximity to the suite lounge is a huge perk.

I don't believe room service from CK is available for OS only CLS.

We were in an Owner's Suite on the Oasis in January 2016 and there were no 110v outlets in the living area. At least in our cabin. But you're certainly correct about the extra chair and ottoman. Looks like they replaced that with an oversized upholstered chest that you can sit on and store things inside of.

Coastal Kitchen room service is available. We had breakfast brought in each morning to enjoy on the balcony. Had to order it via the concierge. All the same benefits as the suite guests on 17 - except the proximity to the CK and lounge.

Some other differences between the OS on the Oasis and the Harmony include the bathtub no longer having jacuzzi jets. It's now just a standard tub. And no longer a magnifying makeup mirror in the bathroom. However, they do provide a jewelry box in the bedroom - for what that's worth.

We agree 100% with you on the extra large balcony and spacious floor plan on the OS. Love it.