Evian water package

I have read on CC people have brought on bottles of water - and tagged them and had them delivered to stateroom - just like luggage. Some have brought in carry on. On our next cruise we are going from airport to hotel (and I don't remember any grocery stores near the hotel where we are staying in Newark...) Cruising out of FLL there are grocery stores near the hotels where we stay before a cruise so I never bought a water package. Still not sure what I am going to do on the next cruise...

If you buy a drink package you can get bottles of water from any bar. I did this and just kept a few in the room for night time and off hours. It's not the Evian water but it is bottled and spring water...just as good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you buy a drink package you can get bottles of water from any bar. I did this and just kept a few in the room for night time and off hours. It's not the Evian water but it is bottled and spring water...just as good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thanks - but for us to purchase a drink package isn't a good spend - we are D+ and get cocktails or wine every evening - in the lounge or at certain bars.

thanks - but for us to purchase a drink package isn't a good spend - we are D+ and get cocktails or wine every evening - in the lounge or at certain bars.

Try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Filter-Bottle-Turquoise/dp/B004GN8RDY

2522e54d-2f42-4a7c-9114-94cdd4a30fdb.png.w960.jpg

(butterflies not included ;))

Edited by Merion_Mom

We always do a water package as it's just easier for us. We also get 2 small bottles from C and A. We keep the small bottles and simply refill them from larger bottles. Works pretty well. Just need to keep it full or hide it from Cabin Steward. :)

We always do a water package as it's just easier for us. We also get 2 small bottles from C and A. We keep the small bottles and simply refill them from larger bottles. Works pretty well. Just need to keep it full or hide it from Cabin Steward. :)

Do I want to know why it needs to be hidden??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they were small bottles..

Just bring smaller bottles with you and decant!

I'm guessing that if it is empty or near empty they will throw the bottle away.

They will indeed.

DS and I get the water packages. He doesn't quite drink all 12 liters over the week, and I drink more, so it works out.

I've had Replenish before, and DH still gets that, but honestly I found the process of gathering the water to be annoying after a few days. I drink a LOT of water, and the ship water (on both lines I've sailed on) doesn't agree with my system at all, and even on DCL where you can bring your own water onboard, it's just a pain to bring your own IMO. Sure I can get 12 liters of Evian (and I like the taste of Evian) for cheaper at Publix, but then I have to get it to the port and hope it makes it onboard etc etc. I'd rather pay a bit extra for the convenience.

Since DH gets Replenish, we end up with lots of smaller bottles in the room, so it's no problem finding bottles to decant into. :)

Yes, they are big bottles which makes them a bit more difficult to haul around. I place one in may cargo pants leg pocket and that works pretty well.

The price is high, but price is never a concern when I am on vacation. My comfort trumps price.

I go through about 2 bottles per day.

I wish RCCL would offer a water package with the smaller water bottles so we would not have to pour the water from the larger bottles to the ones we can carry... It would also be wonderful if they would make the pricing affordable like other cruiselines have done so we don't have to shlep the smaller bottles with us.

Edited by Trvlr37

I wish RCCL would offer a water package with the smaller water bottles so we would not have to pour the water from the larger bottles to the ones we can carry... It would also be wonderful if they would make the pricing affordable like other cruiselines have done so we don't have to shlep the smaller bottles with us.

Totally agree, if they offered a package similar to what Carnival offers, I'd gladly stop lugging a case of water onboard.

Totally agree, if they offered a package similar to what Carnival offers, I'd gladly stop lugging a case of water onboard.

So would I. We can only hope that management is reading these boards and offers it. It's a great way for the line to make $$$. Those few dollars really can add up.

• 2 weeks later...

I was really hoping they'd be 1.5 litres, but I guess not...a liter is NOTHING!! This is so bloody expensive, it makes my toenails curl!!! And I guess they won't let you bring your own water bottles back on board, right?

At least Carnival was just a couple of bucks for the big 1.5l bottles, if memory serves me right...