Dress Code in LeMuse

susanrobert

Hello,

I've heard conflicting reports regarding shorts being allowed in the dining room at dinner. My son HATES wearing pants. He has dress pants for formal nights but it would make him (and me!) much happier if he could wear his dress shorts w/collared shirt for dinner. He's 13. He wears shorts all year and doesn't even own any pants besides his one pair of dress pants.

This would specifically be for LeMuse.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Bea,

He doesn't even own jeans! Plus he's at an awkward age where he's too big for kids pants and too short for adult ones! UGH!!

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it!

Difficult age, alright :rolleyes: I had three of them so I get it! I hope Mike comes back with the answer you want to hear. Mind you, when you see the dining room you'll understand why they want a minimum dress code. Maybe you could explain to him that it's just for 2 hours in the evening and he can change once dinner's over? Best of luck with it ;)

Jackamo is an amazing maitre de (I'm probably spelling they incorrectly); but he was rather strict about no shorts in Lemuse. Are you sure your 13 year old will want to eat there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, he'll want to eat there! His love for food should trump his aversion to pants!! I'm trying to save myself a whole lot of aggravation trying to find pants that will fit him that he'll never wear again.

We just got off the Divina today, so if you are on that ship shorts are allowed on the two causal days in LeMuse. The first and last day of the cruise. They want long pants on the other days. They will make a comment if you arrive in shorts about the dress code but will not turn you away for that seating. I never saw a person that got the "talk" turn up in shorts a second time so I can't comment if they would really turn you away. This applies only to dinner seatings. Lunch shorts were allowed every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by slapulator

We just got off the Divina today, so if you are on that ship shorts are allowed on the two causal days in LeMuse. The first and last day of the cruise. They want long pants on the other days. They will make a comment if you arrive in shorts about the dress code but will not turn you away for that seating. I never saw a person that got the "talk" turn up in shorts a second time so I can't comment if they would really turn you away. This applies only to dinner seatings. Lunch shorts were allowed every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good information. Thank you very much!

That's good information. Thank you very much!

Be careful. I saw a woman turned away at lunch because she was wearing a bathing suit under her wrap.

Your son will have to learn that growing up can be a problem sometimes. Can he pass for 8 or is he shaving.?:D

How times have changed. When I was young, shorts were for little boys and long pants were the mark of growing up. I couldn't wait to shed the shorts

Be careful. I saw a woman turned away at lunch because she was wearing a bathing suit under her wrap.

Your son will have to learn that growing up can be a problem sometimes. Can he pass for 8 or is he shaving.?:D

He's husky that's the problem. He's a center/nose guard for his football team if that puts him more into perspective. It's almost impossible to find 34/27 pants. Plus he hates them! He's not alone none of his classmates wear pants either!! All shorts, all the time.

I don't blame them for turning away someone in a bathing suit. But, dress shorts (bermudas) with a collared shirt on a kid is a bit different. IMHO. But, that's all it is, my opinion and I'm partial! :p

My friend onboard just sent me a message telling me that she sat next to a gentleman last night in Le'Muse who was wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt,,not sure if he was allowed to because of the first night onboard or not though,,,:confused:

We are on the Divina now in the Yacht Club. This sailing feels a bit more casual but it is a 4 day cruise with no gala night. We were stunned to see a new maitre de in le Muse! We saw and talked to Jacquimo....he is working in the buffett!

Hello,

I've heard conflicting reports regarding shorts being allowed in the dining room at dinner. My son HATES wearing pants. He has dress pants for formal nights but it would make him (and me!) much happier if he could wear his dress shorts w/collared shirt for dinner. He's 13. He wears shorts all year and doesn't even own any pants besides his one pair of dress pants.

This would specifically be for LeMuse.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I guess it's about time to teach your son that in high class restaurant you should wear pants . Buffet is always an option .

My friend onboard just sent me a message telling me that she sat next to a gentleman last night in Le'Muse who was wearing dress shorts and a polo shirt,,not sure if he was allowed to because of the first night onboard or not though,,,:confused:

I believe they not looking on first night .

We are on the Divina now in the Yacht Club. This sailing feels a bit more casual but it is a 4 day cruise with no gala night. We were stunned to see a new maitre de in le Muse! We saw and talked to Jacquimo....he is working in the buffett!

WHAT?? This is terrible. Jacquimo was probably the best MaitreDe I've ever experienced and my absolute favorite part of dining in LeMuse. Seems a waste to put him in the buffet. Did Daniel take over for him?

I guess it's about time to teach your son that in high class restaurant you should wear pants . Buffet is always an option .

Goldenbonny,

Thanks so much for the unsolicited parenting advise. I'll bet my son is better mannered than most people on board.

Here's a tip for you: Most people on this board are looking for helpful information. Some like myself, don't post too much out of fear of people like you. I was just looking for some helpful information. Please consider the situation before insulting someone's parenting skills, etc.

Thanks to all who provide some very helpful information!!

Oh, he'll want to eat there! His love for food should trump his aversion to pants!! I'm trying to save myself a whole lot of aggravation trying to find pants that will fit him that he'll never wear again.

My love for food kept me out of LeMuse most evenings :). My recommendation would be to bring one pair of pants he can spend 2 hours in each night if required. and then if they waive the dress code he'll be very happy. Enjoy your cruise!! YC is a lovely experience :).

My love for food kept me out of LeMuse most evenings :). My recommendation would be to bring one pair of pants he can spend 2 hours in each night if required. and then if they waive the dress code he'll be very happy. Enjoy your cruise!! YC is a lovely experience :).

That's funny!! I hope the food improves!! We're Black status so we will have a couple of specialty dinners too.

Thanks for the advise. I think that's what I'm going to do. He's got one nice pair of dress pants so I'll bring those and his dress shorts. It sounds like he can definitely wear the shorts the first and last night. Then I'll just go with the flow for the other 5!!

Thanks again. And thanks for your YC review it was very informative!

Goldenbonny,

Thanks so much for the unsolicited parenting advise. I'll bet my son is better mannered than most people on board.

Here's a tip for you: Most people on this board are looking for helpful information. Some like myself, don't post too much out of fear of people like you. I was just looking for some helpful information. Please consider the situation before insulting someone's parenting skills, etc.

Thanks to all who provide some very helpful information!!

I gave you very helpful information about proper attire to high class restaurant . Didn't I? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I gave you very helpful information about proper attire to high class restaurant . Didn't I? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No - you gave parenting advice, put in a somewhat snippy, superior way. Not helpful at all.

Well, I will try for practical advice. I give the same advice for those with husbands who don't want to wear long pants. Get a pair of those outdoor pants with zip-off legs. Get the right waist size, and take them to a tailor and have them hemmed to his length. (Save the part that is cut off n case he grows taller but not thicker, and you need to sew some back on). He can wear them to dinner, then zip off the legs when he leaves the dining room. EM