Mini Frig on Allure?

volk904

My dad is on the Allure. He is telling me the mini frig is not really a frig and just blows cool air. It does not even have drinks in it.

I have never been on the Allure but thought the Oasis had a frig that worked

Anybody know about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on reports, no ship has a fridge that would be considered anything equitable to what you have at home, most are just cool boxes. I've never been on that ship, but I've never really bothered to use the fridge on any ship except the last one to try and chill a bottle of water; didn't work.

Yeah, it depends on what you mean by a 'fridge that works. They generally keep things cool, but not to normal refrigerator temperatures. I've never measured what the actual temp inside one of the cabin refrigerators is, but I would guess somewhere in the 50-60°F range (rather than the 35-40°F of a standard refrigerator).

My dad is on the Allure. He is telling me the mini frig is not really a frig and just blows cool air. It does not even have drinks in it.

Anybody know about this?

They are not fridges. At best they keeps things slightly below room temp.

Some ships have begun a trial where they are empty up front and if you want any of the items ( at current prices) previously supplied you must request them

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, our mini fridge in our superior ocean view with balcony room on Allure last week was NOT a normal sized mini fridge. We could not fit a small plate in it. We had to transfer the cut fruit to a cup to fit it inside as the fridge is not as deep as a normal mini fridge.

On the allure, the fridge has been empty and you have to request to have items stocked. I think it's a great idea and saves on manpower. Also like to have my fridge empty for my own stuff.

Last week the fridge kept things refrigerator cold and this week the temp is about 50 degrees. Makes the water cool but not cold like refrigerator.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Anybody know about this?

They will keep your drinks cold but not very cold.

We had a mini frig in our CP Balcony cabin on the Oasis last month. My only need for this was for my insulin. It was sufficient for that & that satisfied me. You could get a cold drink with ice at almost any bar or restaurant (I had a soda package). I would get a large drink with plenty of ice to take to our cabin when we went back for the evening. As I've read several times on this forum, your cruise is what you make of it so I don't worry about a cold frig as long as it keeps my insulin safe.

Cruising in Oasis and I just put my digital clock, that show also the temp, in the empty fridge!

It reads 55 degrees!

Now the mini fridges are empty and you can order drinks, snacks, juices with a in-stateroom beverages order form!!!

Edited by CRUISEMAMI

Cruising in Oasis and I just put my digital clock, that show also the temp, in the empty fridge!

It reads 55 degrees!

Now the mini fridges are empty and you can order drinks, snacks, juices with a in-stateroom beverages order form!!!

That's a great idea and I'm happy to see this change. We always removed the items so we could keep our water in the fridge. It certainly did not keep it cold, but it was cooler than room temperature.

Remove that shelf in the unit. It gives you more room for larger items. Such as a bottle of wine or champagne or beer bottles, in one of those white plastic ice filled buckets. The ice bucket will help keep the rest of the stuff cool. Leave the door of the cabinet open to help vent the hot air the fridge produces around the unit.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Rick and Deirdra