Anytime Dining- Same Servers?

DnA2010

My family, sister's family and my mom and I are all headed out on HAL next month (first time cruising HAL) on the 7 day roundtrip Vancouver, as we only booked a few weeks ago, early dining is full- we have Anytime dining- when my husband and I did MyTimeDining on RCL we have had the same serving team both times on pretty much all days- if we reserve the same time for the days (we will have 2 babies that are 11 months so will need earlier dining times) will we have the same service team? This is the first cruise for my sister and her family, as well as my mom, and I really want them to get that experience experience of getting to know your server, them getting to know you.

You can make reservations for times between 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9 PM.

You can make the reservations for 3 days at a time and you certainly can request the same table and wait staff.

Yes, you can request the same table and wait staff, but nothing is guaranteed. The only way to assure that you have the same table and wait-staff is to book fixed dining, either early or main seating. If you don't reserve for each 3 day period, and just walk in, you may or may not get your same wait staff. It all depends on how many people got there before you.

My family, sister's family and my mom and I are all headed out on HAL next month (first time cruising HAL) on the 7 day roundtrip Vancouver, as we only booked a few weeks ago, early dining is full- we have Anytime dining- when my husband and I did MyTimeDining on RCL we have had the same serving team both times on pretty much all days- if we reserve the same time for the days (we will have 2 babies that are 11 months so will need earlier dining times) will we have the same service team? This is the first cruise for my sister and her family, as well as my mom, and I really want them to get that experience experience of getting to know your server, them getting to know you.

We have never, ever, had a problem keeping the same servers. Just be sure to reserve a specific time and ask for the servers.

We had anytime for our Mediterranean cruise in June and we asked to have the same table every night. We agreed to be in the dining room around 6:00 and our table was waiting with the best waiters ever. Hopefully that will work for you too.

On the Noordam last month we were only able to reserve two days at a time not three, so don't know if the policy is different from one ship to another. We didn't ask for the same service crew(wish we would have), we wound up with 6 different teams and sat in pretty much every section of the dining room...

:eek::D

On the Noordam last month we were only able to reserve two days at a time not three, so don't know if the policy is different from one ship to another. We didn't ask for the same service crew(wish we would have), we wound up with 6 different teams and sat in pretty much every section of the dining room...

:eek::D

The Noordam Dining Room seems to be in a world of its own. We never understood what was going on in "anytime dining". Zuiderdam is fabulous. Same table, same waiters every night. No problems.

We have never, ever, had a problem keeping the same servers. Just be sure to reserve a specific time and ask for the servers.
We reserve a specific table. They say it is "not guaranteed", but only once (on 11 cruises) were we given a different table, with the same servers.

With a little research on the site half acts dot com you can find the table numbers and layout and that may help when reserving the tables. Head to make reservations right after you drop your carry on bags in the room or before. One ship the layout was a little off but one ship the layout was perfect.

sightcrr

The Noordam Dining Room seems to be in a world of its own. We never understood what was going on in "anytime dining". Zuiderdam is fabulous. Same table, same waiters every night. No problems.

This is good to hear, we are hopeful on the Koningsdam next year that we will be able to be seated with the same staff each night.

Thank you! We used to cruise with Packer players.:cool::)

What a blast THAT would be!!!! Spent last Christmas Eve at Lambeau watching the Pack beat the Vikings with my sister who lives in Wisconsin!!! A wonderful time was had by all!!!

What a blast THAT would be!!!! Spent last Christmas Eve at Lambeau watching the Pack beat the Vikings with my sister who lives in Wisconsin!!! A wonderful time was had by all!!!

Lambeau is a very special place.

Edited by packercruising

We're just back from a 14 day cruise to the fjords in Norway on Koningsdam. We had anytime dining and were given the same table by the window all but one night. I believe that the need for the same serving staff to accommodate my husband's food allergies helped get the same servers. Having the table by the window made up for the very long waits between courses. We were also given a 5:15 reservation and the reason we ended up at a different table one night was because we were late getting back from a port, our fault and not a problem.

All right! More Packer fans! From 1998-2014, we cruised with Packer players, missing five years for various reasons. Now the players are too costly so we just cruise with fans.

What an experience. You have invaluable connections. I'm so jealous!!

I can't imagine anybody better to cruise with!!!

Here's to a great 2017-2018 season!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're just back from a 14 day cruise to the fjords in Norway on Koningsdam. We had anytime dining and were given the same table by the window all but one night. I believe that the need for the same serving staff to accommodate my husband's food allergies helped get the same servers. Having the table by the window made up for the very long waits between courses. We were also given a 5:15 reservation and the reason we ended up at a different table one night was because we were late getting back from a port, our fault and not a problem.

We did the fjords a couple years ago. It was awesome! Lots of sunlight.:cool:

The night you didn't get the same table, did you get the same wait staff? One of the things we like about Anytime, is that other couples generally will like the same time too. So you can have really nice conversations, but since they are at a different table you don't feel obligated.

What an experience. You have invaluable connections. I'm so jealous!!

I can't imagine anybody better to cruise with!!!

Here's to a great 2017-2018 season!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We started out with Packer Fan Tours for the first 3 cruises. Then the CD broke off from them and went with Fuzzy's tours. A little lower key but still lots of fun. PFT is doing a cruise next year with a bunch of players, but everything is ala carte. Everything used to be included.