In Cabin Phone Rate

Can someone please tell me the current in cabin phone call rate to call the USA on Freedom of the Seas? I hate using my cell while at sea but may need to depending on the cabin phone rate. We will be cruising Freedom in November and will need to call our Son back at home.

Thanks!

Can someone please tell me the current in cabin phone call rate to call the USA on Freedom of the Seas? I hate using my cell while at sea but may need to depending on the cabin phone rate. We will be cruising Freedom in November and will need to call our Son back at home.

Thanks!

If you are below Diamond level, the rate is $8 per minute. Diamodn and above get it for $2 per minute. Check with your carrier, but the cellular at sea rate is around $2.50 per minute.

You may also want to consider using the internet package as an alternative (if you and your son have a phone that supports Google Hangouts.) Right now the unlimited one device package is running ~$20/day. We used Hangouts on our Enchantment cruise last week to call our daughter, and there was no extra cost for the call.:)

Edited by orville99

Thanks!

Cheaper to use your cellphone. Check with your carrier, we use Verizon and they recently reduced their cruise ship pricing. Calls are now $1.79/min and they also have cruise packages now.

Thanks!

ship to shore is like $8 a minute.

$8.00 a minute are they insane ! Why would they charge a higher rate no matter what level your at. I'm sorry that's just BS. So far I'm less then impressed with Royal and the things I'm learning about them, my Allure cruise should be interesting .

$8.00 a minute are they insane ! Why would they charge a higher rate no matter what level your at. I'm sorry that's just BS. So far I'm less then impressed with Royal and the things I'm learning about them, my Allure cruise should be interesting .

Yeah I agree that it is a little on the harsh side of things. I get it with all the other ways to communicate now that they may not get much usage but at least with Carnival they make it enticing enough to use as an option. Oh well I guess I won't be using the cabin phone unless absolutely necessary.

You may also want to consider using the internet package as an alternative (if you and your son have a phone that supports Google Hangouts.) Right now the unlimited one device package is running ~$20/day. We used Hangouts on our Enchantment cruise last week to call our daughter, and there was no extra cost for the call.:)

DW and I used Hangouts while we traveled in Europe and loved it. Especially since the calls to and from home in the US were free.