Enhanced Suite program coming? "Royal Perks"

They might tweak their points awarded for higher cabin levels, beyond just double for suites. Celebrity has the following structure:

i-pJ2j6MV-L.jpg

There's no telling !

Tom

This schedule of Celebrity points was put out even before suite perks came about. They started this sometime in mid/late 2013, announced suite perks mid 2014, and Started Suite perks in April of 2015. Also not, that Solo travelers paying the full signal supplement get double those points.

Before celebrity switched to this points program, they gave 1 point for sailing, 1 point for longer cruise and 1 point for suites, so at that time someone paying bottom dollar in an inside cabin got the same credit as someone in the highest category AquaSpa cabin. SO the most points that could ever be earned was 3 for sailing a long cruise in a suite. Not 3 points per day, 3 for the entire sailing. They converted old points at 1 point = 15 of the NEW points.

I saw the transition of X's points as a step towards getting closer to the C&A program, for a possible someday merging of the programs. Only time will tell on that. Given the cost consciousness of the Company as a whole, merging of programs would save considerable overhead, printing costs training costs etc.

As I understand C&A, it's 1 point per night, and double points in a suite right now, is that correct?

Edited by cle-guy

...As I understand C&A, its's 1 point per night, and double points in a suite right now, is that correct?

Correct, and an extra point if you are a single sailing in a stateroom that normally holds two or more.

I think there will be a dribble of added perks in 2016 most of which will cost nothing, like priority luggage disembarkation, priority Immigration clearance, priority tendering, Private lounge access

As you have mentioned you have only sailed on Celebrity, you may not be aware that many of the example perks you have listed above are already available and have been for some considerable time. Several reports over the last few months that the priority immigration is in certain ports but I can't comment on this as I have not personally experienced it.

It certainly will be interesting to see what they will do. The references to how Celebrity have performed in this capacity certainly seem to indicate a similar level of facilities, so they will have to do a lot more to justify a 2017 roll out, based on your speculations about the next release of cruise itineraries (2017 onwards). They have confirmed a 2016 implementation (which as a long time RCI customer I take with a large pinch of salt) so I would expect with the facilities already in place and the increase in prices reported by other CC members (which I can also confirm from several of my upcoming bookings in 2016 - some in the region of a 20% increase from when I booked), that 2016 full implementation is more likely.

Regardless of all of this, I hope the hype they are creating, with what seem to be announcements of announcements of announcements with no certain information, that the actual programme they introduce is worth the extra money that Michael Bayley has quoted that customers are willing and able to pay...!

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Ok. When does 'spring ' officially start??? Is it March or April??? We have a back to back starting 21st March. Is that spring???

I predict they will start the new program right after we get off our B2B on Allure in March. I also predict they will give higher points as we are in a SLS for those 2 weeks. I also predict that they won't retro the points.

Edit: We lost a couple of points in the last conversion, so I know that we will lose in the extra points by days this time, if they come. Just our luck.;) I have had a blast on every cruise though and we would have always booked the cabins we had anyway points or no points.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

I predict they will start the new program right after we get off our B2B on Allure in March. I also predict they will give higher points as we are in a SLS for those 2 weeks. I also predict that they won't retro the points.

Luckily, our pricey suites don't hit until October 2016 and April 2017.

If this Royal suite enhancement program gets postponed again I will be so annoyed. I'm looking at a July 2016 Allure cruise. The fact that the Oasis and Quantum class ships have Coastal Kitchen and a dedicated suite lounge that serves beer and wine 12 hours a day sounds pretty good to me. I'd also be looking for some options like free wifi and specialty dining. Does this mean that the prices will be higher as well? Probably. $7000 for a GS is high enough.

Edited by sauvichick

Is there talk of changing the points to be based on category booked as well or is this just strictly suite perks that they are changing?

Thanks and sorry if I missed it. I did not read the whole other Suite Perk thread:)

Is there talk of changing the points to be based on category booked as well or is this just strictly suite perks that they are changing?

Thanks and sorry if I missed it. I did not read the whole other Suite Perk thread:)

The point speculation seems to be based on what Celebrity does. Very complicated though

Luckily, our pricey suites don't hit until October 2016 and April 2017.

We have some pricey ones in the wings as well. We have the CLS on Harmony for November 2016 and SLS on Harmony for March 2017 for B2B. Who knows if they might give extra points for a higher room category, we will have to wait and see. I'd like to think it should be in effect by fall of 2016, but you never know with RC. ;)

As for the start of spring, I can only dream of a Florida spring at this age. I just hope that when we return from a March cruise that most if not all the snow melted. :)

Edit: We lost a couple of points in the last conversion, so I know that we will lose in the extra points by days this time, if they come. Just our luck.;) I have had a blast on every cruise though and we would have always booked the cabins we had anyway points or no points.:)

That's when we have our suite April 3 on the Allure.

We have some pricey ones in the wings as well. We have the CLS on Harmony for November 2016 and SLS on Harmony for March 2017 for B2B. Who knows if they might give extra points for a higher room category, we will have to wait and see. I'd like to think it should be in effect by fall of 2016, but you never know with RC. ;)

As for the start of spring, I can only dream of a Florida spring at this age. I just hope that when we return from a March cruise that most if not all the snow melted. :)

It seems like all the Canadian snowbirds on the space coast are from Ontario. They seem to enjoy our spring weather

Lets' talk numbers...

So the majority of suites get limited perks - Sky Suites.

Sky Suites (SS) are about the same size as RCCL Junior Suites (JS) and approximately the same percentage of the rooms on the ship (about 3%-4.5% depending on the ship).

However, I think it is worth noting that SSs get far more perks than JSs. SSs get access to Luminae, butler service, afternoon canapes and tea, priority boarding, a complementary specialty dinner (on 6+ night cruises) and "Suite Class" Seapass cards (comparable to the RCCL gold cards). That is pretty much everything but access to Michael's club, which may not matter to many people considering the drink packages that are being bundled with so many Celebrity cruises. What can the Michael's Club concierge do that a Sky Suite butler cannot do? That seems to me to be a bit more than "limited perks".

JSs get little more than priority boarding right now. I wonder whether the RCCL will provide JSs some of the perks that SSs get when it rolls out its new Suite Class program.

Edited by actuarian