Celebrity Pre Paid Gratuties Select Dining

a credit will appear on your invoice within a few days of booking - you may need to ask for a new invoice to be sent but usually it will show up in the "my account" online invoice. You will never have to pay that money - thus no, not an OBC.

Check your credit card to see if you have already been charged for the grat's. Could be that X has been getting interest on your money before they give you credit after a years worth of interest.

J.

Do you still have to prepay gratuities with Select or is it like Royal now where you don't have to? Only reason I care is b/c with the new promo if the price is right and I can get the Bev pkg and OBC, I would rather pay the grats onboard and use the OBC to pay for them. Better deal than just taking the grats perk which is less than $150 OBC per person. Thinking ahead to the 6th when the new promo's come.

Do you still have to prepay gratuities with Select or is it like Royal now where you don't have to? Only reason I care is b/c with the new promo if the price is right and I can get the Bev pkg and OBC, I would rather pay the grats onboard and use the OBC to pay for them. Better deal than just taking the grats perk which is less than $150 OBC per person. Thinking ahead to the 6th when the new promo's come.

Celebrity hasn't changed yet so at this point you still have to pre pay the gratuities.

Nova Scotia - I don't transfer my booking to a TA so I'm not sure what to say at this point, BUT I would think your original booking with X has a final price that includes the gratuity charge so you can compare that with your final amount owed to TA - at some point the amount of gratuities should be subtracted. Hope this answer is clear - it is my understanding if you switch to a TA the "my account" on X does not have the monetary info.

jsf - I'm not sure your answer makes sense - at this point (probably) only a deposit would have been paid - X or credit card does not have the entire amount of the money for an entire year ahead of time.

Ours always appears on our Booking Confirmation.(must request updated copies) used to be 7 to 10 days...but now taking much longer to be noted....I was told today it would be closer to cruise date but before final payment..

we do not use a TA...so not sure how that works

Edited by hcat

Ours always appears on our Booking Confirmation.(must request updated copies) used to be 7 to 10 days...but now taking much longer to be noted....I was told today it would be closer to cruise date but before final payment..

we do not use a TA...so not sure how that works

I'm a little confused because they said they got it as part of 1,2,3 but then there was some conversation about it being prepaid.

To the OP - each travel agency handles it differently. At the consortium I work for all select dining bookings are audited by our accounting department and once Celebrity adds the credit for the pre paid gratuity promo we enter in a line item for a negative amount equal to the value of the gratuities to balance them out, which is what celebrity does as well.

I'm hoping with the rollout of Celebrity's new "bundled" pricing they will also remove the pre-paid gratuity requirement for Select Dining like RCCL has done for their MyTime Dining option. As the two companies use the same IT / reservations platform there is no reason for them not to.

I just checked my invoice for my upcoming cruise. It is the "Guest Copy" of a Celebrity invoice sent to my TA. On the line for Gratuities there is a "0" and it is marked as "Included". This was purchased with the 123Go promotion. I hope that helps.

I don't think so. We were on the "Summit" last week and we also had prepaid gratuities. There was no mention of it at all on our on board account statement. On the other hand, we were on the "Equinox" this past February. We did not have pre-paid gratuities and the onboard account statement added the daily dollar amount daily under the heading of "gratuities".