Bottled water

JAN1238801

I drinks lots of water and am wondering if you all bring bottled water from the ship with you when you go on an excursion. Do I need to bring an insulated water bottle?

We bring our personal refillable water bottles, and fill up on the ship from the tap in our room. Or from a glass of water from the tap in the buffet.

Insulated, if you want it cold (or hot) would be fine - your call. We just go with what temperature it is.

I drinks lots of water and am wondering if you all bring bottled water from the ship with you when you go on an excursion. Do I need to bring an insulated water bottle?

We always pick up one or more plastic bottles of water when leaving the ship for an excursion. Oceania provides it at no additional charge (same goes for things like Pellegrino at meals or to stock your cabin fridge). In fact, all non-alcoholic beverages including fresh juices, espresso, etc are an included cruise amenity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I keep reading about water bottles. What is wrong with a thermos? I bring a thermos that was our 1st free logo gift from Carnival MANY years ago. Every morning I fill it with ice then water. (We now get free big bottles of water or I use the melted ice water if I get it before going to the buffet.) It stays with us all day whether we are staying on board or going ashore. We then always have water and on board I can refill it anytime.

Unless we're going somewhere in a "wilderness" area or to a beach without "facilities", I find that you can obtain water almost anywhere. Never felt the need to carry it around with me. Same on the ship...you can ask for a glass of ice water at any bar or eating venue...I do that frequently.

But yes...you may bring a refillable anything to take ashore. Coming back to the ship, you will need to empty it before re-boarding.

Unless we're going somewhere in a "wilderness" area or to a beach without "facilities", I find that you can obtain water almost anywhere. Never felt the need to carry it around with me. Same on the ship...you can ask for a glass of ice water at any bar or eating venue...I do that frequently.

But yes...you may bring a refillable anything to take ashore. Coming back to the ship, you will need to empty it before re-boarding.

Yes, water is available almost anywhere but I prefer not to pay the prices they charge for it.

We buy bottled water before we board and have it waiting on us in our stateroom as soon as we embark. You can buy bottled water before you embark from the Fun Shops and have it waiting on you. Very fair prices. I want to say $4.99 for a 12pk? We order 2 cases so we can just take a few bottles with us to ports.

Drinking tap water or using ice cubes in most third world countries, except for restaurants/hotels that are known to use biofilters/treatment, is not the best idea.

As for the above idea of bringing a thermos: that could be a weight issue for folks who fly. And, even if checked bag weight is not a concern, TSA X-ray will certainly find a packed cylinder to be an eyebrow raiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums