Constellation 09 May 2016: Travel Blog

hvbaskey

If anyone wants to follow our adventure, I will be blogging our Celebrity Constellation trip (sail date of May 9, 2016):

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/hvbaskey/4/tpod.html

I have already started the blog with an introduction (pre-trip news) and will continue to blog pre-cruise, cruise, and post-cruise.

With kind regards

Heather & Anthony Baskey

Ontario - Canada

Sailing the Connie from May 9th to 19th, 2016

You are in for a treat with Maarten as your CD. Also, the house band is really good. Their name escapes me. We were on the April 2, TA, and I think they just got on so they should still be there for your sailing. Bon Voyage!

Marie

You are in for a treat with Maarten as your CD. Also, the house band is really good. Their name escapes me. We were on the April 2, TA, and I think they just got on so they should still be there for your sailing. Bon Voyage!

Marie

Thank you Marie! I am happy to hear that the house band is quite good, that is welcoming news :)

Heather

Nice Upgrade!!!

I couldn't agree more ;) it took me a few days of pinching myself until I was blue to realize that it actually DID happen!!!

Celebrity Upgrade Fairy was very kind!!!

Hi Heather!

Thanks for the info! I will be following.:) Kudos on the UPGRADE

!:D We board Connie at the end of August. We hit most of your ports so I will be interested to see what you guys do.

Ali

Hi Heather!

Thanks for the info! I will be following.:) Kudos on the UPGRADE

!:D We board Connie at the end of August. We hit most of your ports so I will be interested to see what you guys do.

Ali

Hi Ali - we are planning to do something in every port - so stay tuned! we have booked small, private, independent tours and everything ranging from birding to scenic drives, to cultural city tours. We like to keep our ports of call diversified!

Thank you for following! I am happy to share the information as it happens, as we have unlimited internet for two - easy peasy :)

Heather

Hi Heather

So glad I came across your blog.

We are doing the Connie in November for a b2b from Rome to Abu Dhabi and really looking forward to the trip on the Connie

Incidentally,we are from Cambridge.

Safe Trip

Bob and Pat

Hi Bob and Pat,

What a wonderful itinerary you have - WOW!!! I will be posting photos of the Connie throughout the blog - so stay tuned :)

We also plan to visit all the restaurants while on board and will give my review from a Vegetarian’s perspective!

With kind regards from fellow Ontarians,

Heather & Anthony

Edited by hvbaskey

I shall be reading with interest as well - we are on Connie next July with some of the same ports as you (Dubrovnik, Kotor, Catania and Naples). We also want to do small, private excursions away from most of the crowds - there are 11 in our party. I am very interested in your onboard experience as well as your port excursions!

Looking forward to vicariously cruising along :D . We have an RS on a similar itinerary on Connie for our Silver wedding in Aug :cool: so really keen to see how you go. Enjoy the PH.

Looking forward to reading your comments. We're on the Connie at the end of the month. We'll be in an RS for our first cruise, celebrating our 20th anniversary and my retirement.

Let us know how the new captain, Vito, is - unusual he's Italian and not Greek.

My wife and I did this same itinerary last May and absolutely loved it. To us, it seemed Slovenia was "undiscovered" the way Croatia used to be. And congrats on the upgrade. For an upcoming cruise on Connie, we upgraded to a GTY Celebrity Suite and were thrilled a few hours later when we were assigned a Royal Suite.

Will enjoy following Heather. We too are on Connie in August in a humble Concierge cabin.

Would be very interested to know if a Concierge Embarkation lunch was offered on this cruise? Also, will be likely to have the same Captain/CD? (Guessing not for Captain...)

Thank you to all for your kind comments thus far! I will try and not disappoint and to gather and share as much information as possible.

This will be our first time on an M-Class ship, so interested in how she feels compared to the S-Class. We have dined in Luminae previously, but interested in comparing menu options for Vegetarians/Vegans with all the available restaurants on board (since we have complimentary unlimited specialty dining). We love to cruise, but do find although there are very good vegetarian options available on the menus, there are not that many of them.

We were looking very forward to meeting Captain Tasos, we have read many great reviews about him - but as this cruise involved many changes for us; so as it seems is a change in staff. We look forward to meeting Captain Vito and hope that as we visit 3 Italian ports on this trip that he shares the knowledge of his homeland with us.

I will have my laptop in tow and will upload stories, menus, and photos to the blog as often as possible, since for the first time sailing, we will have unlimited internet. As I am a mild computer geek, I will put in my two cents if this is of value, or not - how I find it with uploads/downloads, general connectivity, etc.

Two more sleeps and we are on our way!

Heather

We will be boarding the day you disembark so I will be reading your blog faithfully. No detail is too small - I will relish every bit of it and share with our traveling companions. Congratulations on your fantastic upgrade!

Flock of Flamingos in the southern Venice lagoon (Venice City in the far background of photo). We have fallen absolutely in love with the area.

venicelagoon_flamingos-L.jpg

Edited by hvbaskey