Ultimate Balcony Dinner

Cruzin Grandma

Yes.

Somebody posted a day-by-day report a few months ago, and they had a UBD for four. I think the Caribe Deck balconies are the larger ones. So, I guess there is room. It might get close if inclement weather forces you inside unless you have a suite.

Have fun.

Yes.

Somebody posted a day-by-day report a few months ago, and they had a UBD for four. I think the Caribe Deck balconies are the larger ones. So, I guess there is room. It might get close if inclement weather forces you inside unless you have a suite.

Have fun.

Thanks, did a search, but didn't see the post you mentioned, I'll keep looking! Yes bigger balcony, but not a suite. Thanks again!

In your opinion, is this feasible for a couple in a standard balcony on the Regal Princess? I have read where these balconies are small. Thank you.

Marie

Yes, we have done it on the Regal.

Tight but doable.

If you know what day you want sign up as soon as possible after boarding.

They only do about 4 per night. ;)

Thanks, did a search, but didn't see the post you mentioned, I'll keep looking! Yes bigger balcony, but not a suite. Thanks again!

This may be the one you are looking for:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48089575&highlight=ubd+four+caribe#post48089575

Post No 114.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

In your opinion, is this feasible for a couple in a standard balcony on the Regal Princess? I have read where these balconies are small. Thank you.

Marie

We enjoyed the UBD on a Royal Princess standard 9'x4' balcony & it wasn't much different than when we've had the UBD on a 9'x5' standard balcony on most other Princess ships.

With both of these smaller balconies the server didn't have much room to access the balcony but we had no problems enjoying our dinner. Unless in a larger Caribe deck 9'x9' partially covered balcony, the other balconies are similar & have enough room for us to enjoy the great UBD. :D

Yes, we have done it on the Regal.

Tight but doable.

If you know what day you want sign up as soon as possible after boarding.

They only do about 4 per night. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how you book the UBD for 4? Does the one cabin order 2 or does each cabin book their own with one cabin giving instructions to deliver to the other cabin so we can all be together? I have read they only do so many so would hate to have only one of us get it...:confused:

I haven't tried to book the UBD for 4 people however I have booked other specialty dining for a group. I've been able to make specialty restaurant & the Winemakers Dinner (available only once or twice per week) reservations for groups of 4 to 6 and it should be the same for the UBD.

Call room service & have the other passengers names & cabin numbers and as long as you have a larger balcony you should be able to make a reservation for 4.

I see I can do it online in the personalizer and it asks for people..of course it shows just us 2 as we are the only 2 in the cabin and then a drop down of dates of the cruise...so it looks like it can be done online...which is why I wonder if both couple order their own and then just tell them to bring to 1 cabin.

I see I can do it online in the personalizer and it asks for people..of course it shows just us 2 as we are the only 2 in the cabin and then a drop down of dates of the cruise...so it looks like it can be done online...which is why I wonder if both couple order their own and then just tell them to bring to 1 cabin.

Being able to select a date is a positive change from my past experiences. We called to prepay for an UBD so maybe if you call them with the other couple's booking information they might be able to link you to the same UBD.