A couple of dining tips for Getaway/Breakaway

kay1864

All accept SDP without an up charge?

Which one offers lobster?

Any crab legs?

Ocean Blue had an upcharge after the SDP' date=' There was lobster on the menu, no crab legs but maybe crab cakes

[/color']

Thats what I was pumped to do. Nothing says vacation like sitting waterside with a lobster roll and some good seafood in general.

My DF doesnt do seafood so I was going to sneak off and enjoy a private roll haha.

It's only available on sea days? so that would be the day we leave, and days until we get to bermuda, and then again on the way back?

I'm back on for the lobster roll!

Check the Dailies, but on our cruises it's only been open from Noon to 2:00 on 'at Sea' days.

Have a wonderful cruise:D

• 2 weeks later...
Beef Wellington was served in the MDR on Friday night, which was also very good.

When you say Friday, this would have been day 6 of your cruise? Trying to plan our SDP usage around the Beef Wellington night at the MDR.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Just booked Breakaway for next August.:)

We are totally new to NCL and i'm trying to decide on what specialty restaurants are included with the promotion.

Is La Bistro one of the ones included. and do you recommend the Brazilian steak house over Cagney's.

Definitely want to try Tappenyaki but need advice for the other 2 venues.

Any help appreciated

Liz & Ed:)

Hi

We are totally new to NCL and i'm trying to decide on what specialty restaurants are included with the promotion.

Is La Bistro one of the ones included. and do you recommend the Brazilian steak house over Cagney's.

Any help appreciated

We like Le Bistro and Cagney's over Moderno (Brazilian). My DH wasn't sure he would like Le Bistro but he enjoys it. Very good menu with something for everyone. Moderno is not really a steakhouse IMO. Very nice salad bar and then different choices of meat that are brought around to try. Have a great cruise:D

Hi

Any help appreciated

The specialty restaurants covered 100% with an SDP credit are Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno, and Teppanyaki. You can also use an SDP credit and pay an upcharge for Wasabi and Ocean Blue. Here are the terms of the SDP so you can familiarize yourself: https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

Edited by LrgPizza

We like Le Bistro and Cagney's over Moderno (Brazilian). My DH wasn't sure he would like Le Bistro but he enjoys it. Very good menu with something for everyone. Moderno is not really a steakhouse IMO. Very nice salad bar and then different choices of meat that are brought around to try. Have a great cruise:D

The specialty restaurants covered 100% with an SDP credit are Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Moderno, and Teppanyaki. You can also use an SDP credit and pay an upcharge for Wasabi and Ocean Blue. Here are the terms of the SDP so you can familiarize yourself: https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

:)

Thank you so much for your help and the link. Now i have a good idea of what we'll do.

Included as one of the entrees in Le Bistro. No extra charge if you have SDP.

Oh sorry, I just realized you said "without". I think it was 24.95 but I can't be sure.

Okay, found the menu here: http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr_207_bistro.jpg

24.99, but that's only for the entree; for a la carte appetizers and dessert are extra.

Really for the price the SDP is the way to go, even if only 3 or 4 nights.

if you're 1 person and have sdp, you can get the 32oz ribeye for 2 at no extra charge.

but if there are 2 people in your party with sdp, you only get 1 32oz ribeye for both :eek: :mad:

Edited by fstuff1

After googling and reading through this thread I am still a bit confused about the SDP in the free at sea promotion. First is it currently 3 meals or 4? Can one go to the same restaurant more than once as long as the maximum meals is not exceeded? In the FAQ, it states "No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro." That sounds like a contradiction to me! Do I have to pay for all items with a price tag? Looking at the Bistro menu provided what would I be entitled to for free? Thank you.

After googling and reading through this thread I am still a bit confused about the SDP in the free at sea promotion. First is it currently 3 meals or 4? Can one go to the same restaurant more than once as long as the maximum meals is not exceeded? In the FAQ, it states "No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro." That sounds like a contradiction to me! Do I have to pay for all items with a price tag? Looking at the Bistro menu provided what would I be entitled to for free? Thank you.

It's not a contradiction. Your choice of any entrée is included. However, if for some reason you want more than one entrée, you would have to pay extra for the additional one. I have eaten at Cagney's 4 times using the SDP, and each time we ordered multiple sides and multiple appetizers. There was never a charge, which coincides exactly with how the terms are written.

Looking at the Le Bistro menu, everything would be included. That's why your quote specifically says that everything on the menu is included.

Yes, you can dine at the same restaurant for every one of your meals if you would like. That's your choice.

I don't know if the current promo is for 3 or 4 meals. I'd have to go to the NCL site and read the terms, and I'll leave that to you or someone else.

Edited by LrgPizza

It's not a contradiction. Your choice of any entrée is included. However, if for some reason you want more than one entrée, you would have to pay extra for the additional one. I have eaten at Cagney's 4 times using the SDP, and each time we ordered multiple sides and multiple appetizers. There was never a charge, which coincides exactly with how the terms are written.

Yes, you can dine at the same restaurant for every one of your meals if you would like. That's your choice.

I don't know if the current promo is for 3 or 4 meals. I'd have to go to the NCL site and read the terms, and I'll leave that to you or someone else.

Thank you.

As as been quoted one entire and multiples of every thing else.

We booked a seven day cruise and received 3 meals for the SDP. We also booked a ten day cruise and for that we got 4 meals. Promo depends on length of the cruise.

As as been quoted one entire and multiples of every thing else.

We booked a seven day cruise and received 3 meals for the SDP. We also booked a ten day cruise and for that we got 4 meals. Promo depends on length of the cruise.

last year, it used to be udp - unlimited.

i had appetizers at moderno, 32oz ribeye at le bistro then cagneys for dessert in the same nite!

earlier this year it used to be 4nites sdp for 7day cruise.

now it's down to 3nites. :(

• 3 weeks later...
We too were on this sailing of the Getaway. Myself , DH and 2 boys 13 & 15

had the SDP.

Moderno was ok - food was plentiful but not very tasty. This was our boys pick because they love their meat and they were not impressed, better cuts of meat and tastier at chain restaurants at home.

Ocean Blue - paid the upcharge and totally NOT worth it. Food was ok at best. Very DISAPPOINTED. Should have paid for sushi instead.

Teppanyaki - best one!! food great and so was the entertainment!!!

O'Sheehans - had lunch only - favorite spot for lunch after excursions

Flamingo Grill - ok basic cuban food buffet style

Haven Restaurant - ate dinner here 3 nights and delicious every time!

Illusionarium - pre fixed menu of shrimp and filet was fine, nothing to write home about.

We are booked for Moderno on our Sept Getaway cruise. Have read a few lackluster reviews about it just now. Would have preferred booking Teppanyaki for my party of 3 but I became allergic to shellfish 2 years ago :-( Not sure it'd be safe option for me.

Question for those who have dined at Texas de Brazil (Only Brazilian Steakhouse I've been to):

How does Getaway's Moderno compare to Texas de Brazil?

Texas De Brazil is much better and is true Brazillian steakhouse much like Fogo De Chao. Salad bars are great on the land based restaurants.

Moderno is not bad it just does not stand up to the other places. I went into not expecting it to be the same and it was good overall