A couple of dining tips for Getaway/Breakaway

kay1864

I'd put in a vote for Taste or Savor for lunch on embarkation day. Few cruise lines have a MDR open that day. Nothing against O'Sheehans, just that I'd like my first lunch at a table with a tablecloth....

Ill be on the Getaway in February. While I saw Taste/Savor on Breakaway, are those the restaurants on Getaway and is it correct I can go there the day we bord for lunch. Ill be with my mom in a Spa Balcony and trying to avoid the crowds as much as we can.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ill be on the Getaway in February. While I saw Taste/Savor on Breakaway, are those the restaurants on Getaway and is it correct I can go there the day we bord for lunch. Ill be with my mom in a Spa Balcony and trying to avoid the crowds as much as we can.

Thanks.

Yes, one or the other or both will be open for lunch on embarkation day.

Edited by LrgPizza

Did you cruise with your child? See many children in the specialty restaurants?

We brought our six kids, ages 3-15, on Getaway in May and ate at Teppanyaki, Cagney's, Moderno, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. Our kids were treated as first class guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'd put in a vote for Taste or Savor for lunch on embarkation day. Few cruise lines have a MDR open that day. Nothing against O'Sheehans, just that I'd like my first lunch at a table with a tablecloth....

what is on the lunch menu at Taste or Savor for embarkation day? Was planning of O'Sheehans but maybe now one of the dining rooms.

Texas De Brazil is much better and is true Brazillian steakhouse much like Fogo De Chao. Salad bars are great on the land based restaurants.

Moderno is not bad it just does not stand up to the other places. I went into not expecting it to be the same and it was good overall

Sounds like it'll be okay then. Thanks.

I just booked Burn the Floor show in the Manhattan Dining Room on Breakaway.

I assume that the reservation to the show includes reservation for dinner but now I look at the confirmation and it only mentions the show.

Am I missing the dinner reservation?

I just booked Burn the Floor show in the Manhattan Dining Room on Breakaway.

I assume that the reservation to the show includes reservation for dinner but now I look at the confirmation and it only mentions the show.

Am I missing the dinner reservation?

The Burn the Floor reservation is most likely for their theater show which we really enjoyed. For the shows in the restaurant, you just need to watch the dailies to see when they will be there. Usually they do a short show early in the evening in the dining room.

The Burn the Floor reservation is most likely for their theater show which we really enjoyed. For the shows in the restaurant, you just need to watch the dailies to see when they will be there. Usually they do a short show early in the evening in the dining room.

i dont see burn the floor as a reservation option on my ncl page?!

only rock of ages?

also, no Kennedy Space Center as a shore excursion while at Port Canaveral?!?! :eek:

i dont see burn the floor as a reservation option on my ncl page?!

only rock of ages?

also, no Kennedy Space Center as a shore excursion while at Port Canaveral?!?! :eek:

Burn the Floor was available in the Theater on our June Getaway.

We haven't visited Port Canaveral on a ship, but really loved the Space Center when we were vacationing in the area a few years ago. Hope you get to visit it:D

Burn the Floor was available in the Theater on our June Getaway.

We haven't visited Port Canaveral on a ship, but really loved the Space Center when we were vacationing in the area a few years ago. Hope you get to visit it:D

After I read your post Sand and Seas I checked my reservation. You are absolutely right. I've booked Burn the Floor -the show- thinking this is the shorter version for the Manhattan Dining Room. :(

Now I can't book the MDR at the 5:30 slot we want because it conflicts with our show reservation.

I can't seem to find the way online to cancel the show and book MDR.

After I read your post Sand and Seas I checked my reservation. You are absolutely right. I've booked Burn the Floor -the show- thinking this is the shorter version for the Manhattan Dining Room. :(

Now I can't book the MDR at the 5:30 slot we want because it conflicts with our show reservation.

We were always able to get into the MDR (even for the Burn the Floor show) without a reservation by waiting in a short line. Unless you are trying to seat a large party you will probably be OK. Have a great cruise!

You can't cancel online you have to call up NCL and have them make the changes. I know because I had to do the same thing. The online booking system needs a lot of updates

Hi,

Quick question. What did you not like about the Brazilian Steakhouse? We had maybe planned on going there, but now thinking twice.

Thank you,

Lori

For us, it's not that we didn't like it, it's just that it's not nearly as good as its counterparts on land, so we'd rather not bother. The salad bar is much smaller, and the cuts of meat don't seem to be as good quality. We've done Moderno just 3 times, but felt the same each time.

That said, it does offer lamb, and we rarely find that at the comparable land restaurants.

last year, it used to be udp - unlimited.

i had appetizers at moderno, 32oz ribeye at le bistro then cagneys for dessert in the same nite!

earlier this year it used to be 4nites sdp for 7day cruise.

now it's down to 3nites. :(

The length of the SDP is also dependent on the room. We have a Spa Balcony room on our upcoming cruise and have 4 nights. Friends on the same cruise have a regular balcony and have 3 nights.

The length of the SDP is also dependent on the room. We have a Spa Balcony room on our upcoming cruise and have 4 nights. Friends on the same cruise have a regular balcony and have 3 nights.

If that was true being in the Haven we should have more than 3. The SDP number depends on when you booked and the promotion at that time not your cabin.

Was wondering about the requirement for men to wear long pants in the MDR. A while back, we were on the Pride of America. There were two MDRs and men could wear shorts at one, but had to wear long pants at the other. As we know the Getaway has 3 MDRs, Taste, Savor and the Tropicana Room. Are long pants for men required at any of those?

From what I have read on NCL site and boards, slacks are required in specialty restaurants but not MDRs. However, I asked a good friend who sails every year on NCL and he said the standard is slacks and golf shirts. I'm sailing on Getaway in a week if you want to check back with me.

From what I have read on NCL site and boards, slacks are required in specialty restaurants but not MDRs. However, I asked a good friend who sails every year on NCL and he said the standard is slacks and golf shirts. I'm sailing on Getaway in a week if you want to check back with me.

If you don't mind checking that out, it would be great! Thanks.

Saturday, from 530-830 in O'Sheehan's. We opted for NY Strip in the MDR (which was excellent), as DD prefers steak over prime rib. Beef Wellington was served in the MDR on Friday night, which was also very good.

We are trying to plan our specialty nights. Is the Beef Wellington always on Friday on the Getaway? That is one entree I don't want to miss. Thanks.

good tips- I would add that Flamingo Grill is also a good option for embarkation lunch.

Sent from msy iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's being changed to Margaritaville- another specialty restaurant - this month.

Edited by Podie