Insane prices on Star Panama Canal

lmcgrail

Well...NCL has finally lost it's mind. Just checked out the Panama Canal cruises for late 2017 and early 2018. For the Star, in the lowest level suite (family suite - no balcony), total cost for 2 people: $20,732.32 ($9999 per person plus port charges/fees). And no I did not add an extra digit. When Star did the PC in Feb 2015, the cost for the SJ was around $2100 pp plus fees. This is almost a 400% increase!

We are booked on Princess in an aft suite for PC during this same time frame for 38% of the price that NCL is charging for their aft suites. And yes we have the Princess free drink package (which includes bottled water).

Bye..Bye..NCL

All of their prices are insane for 2018 right now. All rooms categories if I am not mistaken. Many people hoping it is some kind of error that will be corrected soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Check out the Jewel's 16-night Panama Canal full transit, leaving Miami on Jan. 20, 2017. This sailing was added just a few months ago (when NCL cancelled a bunch of Mexican Riviera cruises this coming winter), and there are still plenty of cabins available, and not at the rates the OP has quoted, which I agree are insane.

You might just change your itinerary and save a bundle.:rolleyes:. Same ship, but for the Mexican Riviera, a mere $5,999 pp for the lowest suite category. Just reported on another thread, same subject.

Already saved bundle by going with a different cruiseline.

Check out the Jewel's 16-night Panama Canal full transit, leaving Miami on Jan. 20, 2017. This sailing was added just a few months ago (when NCL cancelled a bunch of Mexican Riviera cruises this coming winter), and there are still plenty of cabins available, and not at the rates the OP has quoted, which I agree are insane.

Rates are definitely not as bad; however that time frame does not work for us. We needed late 2017 or early 2018.

All of their prices are insane for 2018 right now. All rooms categories if I am not mistaken. Many people hoping it is some kind of error that will be corrected soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The balconies are for the same cruise are running in the $1700/pp range plus fees for a 14 day cruise. For these cruises, it looks like just the suites are totally off the charts.

L:eek::eek:k - book the Mini Suites & save :rolleyes: and you still get your choice of 2 of the 3 "Free" promotions.

5933e81a94a426259dfe239917b9ff8f.jpg

But, if you like the deals with 3 deals ... No FFSF or free WiFi package being offered.

Tap waters remained complimentary.

Just have to give up on not having the butler & concierge services - be sailing for a lot less.

Edited by mking8288

I wish NCL the best. We've got one more booked with them, number 18. However, looking ahead at 2017 and beyond, I don't see a single cruise at the prices posted that are worth that much money to us. Our next is looking like our last with them unless prices come down a bunch.

Well...NCL has finally lost it's mind. Just checked out the Panama Canal cruises for late 2017 and early 2018. For the Star, in the lowest level suite (family suite - no balcony), total cost for 2 people: $20,732.32 ($9999 per person plus port charges/fees). And no I did not add an extra digit. When Star did the PC in Feb 2015, the cost for the SJ was around $2100 pp plus fees. This is almost a 400% increase!

We are booked on Princess in an aft suite for PC during this same time frame for 38% of the price that NCL is charging for their aft suites. And yes we have the Princess free drink package (which includes bottled water).

Bye..Bye..NCL

Sometimes when the cabins are all booked they temporarily put those ridiculous prices because if a cabin becomes available it's easier to change the price than to change the Sold Out software.

Sometimes when the cabins are all booked they temporarily put those ridiculous prices because if a cabin becomes available it's easier to change the price than to change the Sold Out software.

They just put these cruises up in the last day or two. Doubt if they will sell out at those prices.

I am pretty sure there is a problem with the prices on the website. I have seen that before and they eventually corrected it. They seem to be having all sorts of problems with the website. If you really want that cruise call them for a price check.

My husband called our PCC and was told those were the prices. Haha...our PCC then asked in he wanted to book. I believe hysterical laughter ensued with a heck no!

Stop complaining. The insane price does come with free stuff like free drink, internet, excursion credit and such. You buy now before the deal is gone.

Ah...the cheerleaders have arrived.

SMH...you really believe the "free" stuff justify these prices. Drink some more kool-aid.

You might just change your itinerary and save a bundle.:rolleyes:. Same ship, but for the Mexican Riviera, a mere $5,999 pp for the lowest suite category. Just reported on another thread, same subject.

and that is also an insane price for just 3 stops... NCL needs to give their head a shake.

Bye..Bye..NCL

We are Platinum on both NCL & Princess - last year we did the PC with Princess and it was one of our best vacations ever.

We have been looking at early fall Canada/New England cruises for 2017 and started with the NCL Dawn out of Boston. The increase in pricing for 14 days has changed dramatically for 2017 compared to this year. So we booked with Princess at a very good price for a shorter trip leaving from NY and will add another warm weather cruise sometime during during the holidays.

I will be using my final FCC's with NCL this coming January and don't plan to purchase anymore while we are on our Dawn repo trip coming up this October.

I think we'll be saying Bye Bye as well - Linda

We are Platinum on both NCL & Princess - last year we did the PC with Princess and it was one of our best vacations ever.

We have been looking at early fall Canada/New England cruises for 2017 and started with the NCL Dawn out of Boston. The increase in pricing for 14 days has changed dramatically for 2017 compared to this year. So we booked with Princess at a very good price for a shorter trip leaving from NY and will add another warm weather cruise sometime during during the holidays.

I will be using my final FCC's with NCL this coming January and don't plan to purchase anymore while we are on our Dawn repo trip coming up this October.

Glad to hear that the PC on Princess was one of your best vacations.

We are Platinum on NCL as well. In fact I met my husband on the Spirit and we were just married on the Spirit this past April. We loved NCL but with all of the changes since FDR took over it is just not a product that we are interested in anymore.

We are in the same boat. I still have 2 cruise rewards left with NCL and with the prices the way they are, I am not sure I am going to be able to use them. We already booked 2 cruises next year with other lines. We are doing MSC Yacht Club and trying Princess suites for the first time. We have only sailed NCL and we loved sailing them but the pricing is ridiculous. We have the repo and B2B on the Dawn this year too and unless the prices come down, it will be our last.

Thanks to someone on here, can't remember the thread, they did point out at least one good sailing value remaining. I yesterday book an SF on the Pearl for 2017, a 9 day cruise, $1910 pp including port fees and taxes. That also includes the 4 promos (drink package, dining package, wifi, and NCL tour discounts). And....for the suites, the drink and dining service charges are covered. Plus TA kicked in a bit of OBC. And booked using an FCC I had getting $250 credit for what I paid $125 for. So, with all that and an SF and 9 days....pretty happy. However, had it not been pointed out to me, I only saw all the super high prices otherwise.

Edited by roger001