Grand Suites on Oasis - Complete Sellout Months in Advance?

Introductory tone... This is a curiousity question... Not a rant. :)

I was searching for a Grand Suite on Oasis for the 16Jan2016 Western Caribbean cruise and when I started my searching back in late 2014 and continuing to today, Grand Suite availability for this cruise has never opened up. Is it abnormal for an Oasis class ship to sell out of Grand Suites this far in advance? On other cruise lines I've been on, there was always at least one or two (albeit outrageously priced) moderate suites available. Just curious if I should hold out hope for future availability or find a different option.

Thanks!

I was searching for a Grand Suite on Oasis for the 16Jan2016 Western Caribbean cruise and when I started my searching back in late 2014 and continuing to today, Grand Suite availability for this cruise has never opened up. Is it abnormal for an Oasis class ship to sell out of Grand Suites this far in advance? On other cruise lines I've been on, there was always at least one or two (albeit outrageously priced) moderate suites available. Just curious if I should hold out hope for future availability or find a different option.

Thanks!

Hold out.

Travel agents can hold these for quite a while.

There ARE Junior Suites, Owner's Suites, the Royal Suite and four kinds of Loft Suites available. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

There doesn't seem to be enough GS on Oasis class. We booked over a year in advance and there were not many choices. When the new aft GS appeared we switched and within 2 days all 6 were gone. Then we heard some of the reviews, we wanted to switch back to a regular GS. I kept looking and thank goodness ONE popped up. All the GS on our November sailing have been gone for months. Seems like a few GS always come back when final payments approach. We've booked a JS several times and then watch for GS and decent prices around that time - but that's been on smaller ships.

Thanks!

It is not uncommon to see some cabin categories sell out well in advance. Several months ago I booked a GS on Oasis for April 2016. At the time there were only a few available, and they disappeared entirely a couple of months ago. There is always the chance that someone who has one booked may switch cabin types, but I wouldn't hold out for that possibility. Good luck!

FWIW, I often see availability of the suites when the cruise is first released. After that they come and go. They do often have availability around/after the final payment date.

You might consider booking a room that you could live with, and get on the waitlist for a better room. I'd suggest you watch the availability yourself so you don't miss your chance.

Don't give up hope, and keep checking every day ! I booked a GS on Allure for our cruise a few weeks ago as soon as the cruise posted. And it wasn't long after that they all were gone! As our cruise approached, I noticed that random GS's would appear, sometimes as many as 4 showed up. There was even an OS that stayed up till just before we left. I'm guessing someone got an upgrade. My best advice is to keep checking religiously or book an OS just to be sure !

It is not just on the Oasis. We booked a GS on the Liberty back in May of 2014 for a November 2015 cruise. They have been sold out of GS for months on our sailing.

Occasionally a JS pops up, but they now want close to $7000 for the JS including insurance. We got our GS for $3000 less than that.