OBC from BAC Celebrity VISA

capsplace

We recently received our new BAC Celebrity Visa and have earned $200 of OBC. I've not taken the steps to receive the OBC dollars from the Visa. Does anyone know how we transfer that credit to our other OBC ($300) received when we initially booked our cruise? We're paying for the cruise fare on a different credit card. Thank you in advance for any insight.

I do not have the Celebrity card, but I do have the one from Royal Caribbean from Bank of America. I assume it is the same bank and the same system. There should be a link on the Celebrity website to their credit card, or you log in to your account with the bank if you already have that set up. There is a rewards section where you choose what you are redeeming. They will ask your sailing details and once completed will send a confirmation of the redemption. The OBC show up within the first couple of days onboard. I always take a print out of the confirmation just in case, but have never had a problem.

I do not have the Celebrity card, but I do have the one from Royal Caribbean from Bank of America. I assume it is the same bank and the same system. There should be a link on the Celebrity website to their credit card, or you log in to your account with the bank if you already have that set up. There is a rewards section where you choose what you are redeeming. They will ask your sailing details and once completed will send a confirmation of the redemption. The OBC show up within the first couple of days onboard. I always take a print out of the confirmation just in case, but have never had a problem.

Yep, if BAC is bank of america. I have the celebrity card through them, its very easy to log into and choose the reward you want. It doesnt have to be OBC, but thats what we choose. I always pay for my cruise with that card b/c you get 2 points to the dollar, so its always good for at least an extra $100 in OBC. And I use it as my card for on board purchases too.

Its the one you have to pay per year to have. I'm not sure what the other one gives for perks.

I also print out the confirmation and bring it with me, never had an issue with it, but ya never know!

• 2 months later...

It does take a little time to post to your account, so don't wait until the day before your trip. I can't remember but I think they need a week, or 10 days, or 2 weeks?

also, I think if you apply the credit to your cruise too early, and then cancel the cruise or want to change your credit, they might have a penalty, or it might be once transferred to a cruise it can't be transferred back to credit or another cruise? I researched this once before. Just be careful you don't transfer it too early and then want to change your mind.

Just a tip. I redeemed credit from my Bank of America card on a Wednesday or Thursday and on Friday the weekend sale came up. Of course my credit hadn't shown up in my account and I wanted to use it for the package. We made a call to the Captains Club and they were able to track it down and apply it to my sale purchase! I was able to score my beverage package for a great price with the help of the agent.

You can also redeem these points as a credit to your credit card bill, not as OBC. The way to do this is to wait until after final payment date, then choose the option of "cruise discount" not "OBC". The amount of the discount will go as a credit onto your next credit card statement.

Thanks all for your responses. The process has been pretty simple, actually. I called the number on the BAC website, which linked me to a CC line person. Perfect! Got our accumulated credits allocated to our cruise, and received a confirm from CC to that effect. Printed it, of course, as proof....just in case.

We recently received our new BAC Celebrity Visa and have earned $200 of OBC. I've not taken the steps to receive the OBC dollars from the Visa. Does anyone know how we transfer that credit to our other OBC ($300) received when we initially booked our cruise? We're paying for the cruise fare on a different credit card. Thank you in advance for any insight.

I always call the Capt Club desk to do the transfer. They seem :eek: to understand how to do it better than the BA rep at the 800 #.

Question? You get double point credit when you use the card to pay for the cruise or any other Celebrity charged item. Why use a diff one?

Delete

Thank you all! I saw the optional amounts to get the OBC on the BAC site but haven't submitted the request. Now I know that our cruise info will be linked! Thank you! Almost seems too easy......

You can also redeem these points as a credit to your credit card bill, not as OBC. The way to do this is to wait until after final payment date, then choose the option of "cruise discount" not "OBC". The amount of the discount will go as a credit onto your next credit card statement.

Thank you so much. I heard you could do this but did not know how. I was going to call BOA. You saved me a call. I love using my Celebrity credit card, knowing the points are going to discount my cruise :hearteyes:.

I always call the Capt Club desk to do the transfer. They seem :eek: to understand how to do it better than the BA rep at the 800 #.

Question? You get double point credit when you use the card to pay for the cruise or any other Celebrity charged item. Why use a diff one?

Hi Wallie,

Totally agree on calling Captains Club instead of Bank of America. Celebrity has a team which handles such requests. The phone number is 1-800-760-0654 (Option 3).

Here's another Tip for Costco Members : The Celebrity Visa card is great - but a little less sexier now. I previously charged all my cruises on the Celebrity Visa... but I've changed to Costco Visa, which offers 3% back for travel. Here's a link to the details : https://www.costco.com/credit-card.html .

Actually, if you travel enough, or dine out (also 3%), it probably pays to sign up for a Costco membership, as the benefits would pay for itself.

Hope this is helpful !

Hi Wallie,

Totally agree on calling Captains Club instead of Bank of America. Celebrity has a team which handles such requests. The phone number is 1-800-760-0654 (Option 3).

Here's another Tip for Costco Members : The Celebrity Visa card is great - but a little less sexier now. I previously charged all my cruises on the Celebrity Visa... but I've changed to Costco Visa, which offers 3% back for travel. Here's a link to the details : https://www.costco.com/credit-card.html .

Actually, if you travel enough, or dine out (also 3%), it probably pays to sign up for a Costco membership, as the benefits would pay for itself.

Hope this is helpful !

Hello Andy!

As always, it is great information when you stop by the ole homestead!

We are Costco members and that is a really good program! Thanks.

We always go through Cap Club for redeeming the Royal points...we use them to reduce our final payment because we always had lots of OBC...

( ended up with the Royal card when X & BOA parted ways a few yrs ago...no need to get the current X card if you have the Royal BOA card )

For two future cruises, we took the alcohol package as our only perk so we will go for OBC and use it for our grats, etc.

You can always get a list online of points accrued and exp dates.,,

• 1 month later...